ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Building Your Defense: What’s The Difference Between Dui And Dwi?
Total Articles: 2
Sometimes, making mistakes can change the course of your life for a very, very long time. Such can be the case with DUIs and DWIs if you don’t have a good enough criminal defense built up. Knowing the difference between DUIs and DWIs can make a large difference in the severity of the punishment for driving while influenced by drugs or alcohol.
While a criminal offense attorney will work with you and help you understand the issues at hand, knowing the information yourself will give you the head start you need to prepare a winning defense for your actions. It is important that you are aware of the defenses that you are entitled to get. Make sure to take the help of a criminal defense attorney.
What is a DUI?
DUI is the most commonly used term to refer to impaired driving. It stands for driving under the influence of either drugs or alcohol and is, for some states, the only acronym used. In San Antonio, however, and the rest of Texas, DUI and DWI can be either used interchangeably or to denote the severity of the crime.
In states where the two acronyms are used to indicate the severity of the issue, DUI is the lesser of the two crimes. A DUI is used for a person who was less impaired while driving than someone who was given a DWI. In some cases, a guilty plea can be exchanged for reducing the crime from a DWI to a DUI.
What is a DWI?
A DWI stands for driving while intoxicated and typically only refers to moderate to extreme impairment while driving due to alcohol use. Some states have a zero-tolerance policy that simply lumps everything in as a DUI regardless of blood alcohol content.
However, in Texas, the blood alcohol content can be a determining factor while deciding the severity of the punishment from driving under the influence. Your criminal defense attorney will be able to help you understand the Texas laws and how they affect your case.
Understanding Your Rights and Responsibilities
To get more information regarding your DUI or DWI, the best plan is to meet with a qualified DUI or DWI attorney and talk over your best plan of action. Your attorney will work with you to construct a criminal defense that will give you the best possible outcome for your situation.
There are a multitude of firms that can create criminal defense for you. Check one of them out today!
Based in San Antonio, the Law Office of Brendan Duganne, PLLC develops an effective legal defense based on every customer’s individual needs. We will make sure all your legal rights are protected. The Law Office of Brendan Duganne PLLC has successfully handled a large variety of criminal cases including DUI and DWI cases. If you are ever accused of a crime in Texas, call us or visit Bdugannelaw.com.
Legal Articles1. Why And How To Choose A Criminal Lawyer In Hawaii For An Appeal?
Author: Steve Cedillos
2. Dallas Accidents Cases Need Not To Be Avoided! Let The Wrong One Suffer
Author: Ted B Lyon
3. Why Radvision World Is The Best Option For Immigration Services?
Author: Radvision World
4. Everything About Hiring A Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyer
Author: Ladas Law
5. The Significant Role Of Immigration Law Firms In London.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
6. Bail Bond Facts
Author: Emily Stone
7. Why Immigration To Canada Is The Best Option?
Author: Radvision World
8. Six Steps To Attaining Compensation For Accident Injury In Toronto City
Author: Dasilva Legal
9. Know Need Of Living Trust Attorney California
Author: Leah Wilmot
10. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Are The Best To Help You Against Any Criminal Charges
11. Risks And Rewards Of Buying Property In Dubai
Author: hHassan Elhais
12. Massachusetts Workers Compensation Lawyer – Knowledgeable Lawyers Get What You Need
Author: Tina smith
13. Nursing Home Abuse And Negligence – Who Is Responsible?
Author: Tyler Pillay
14. Basic Corporate Laws For Business In Dubai
Author: Hassan Elhais
15. Consult An Employment Lawyer For Issues Regarding Flexible Work hours