ALL >> General >> View Article
What Is All On 4 Dental Implant?
Total Articles: 16
Most people would feel uneasy when hearing the word implants and teeth in the same sentence. Even more wouldn’t even know what All-on-4 meant let alone how the procedure works.
So what is All-on-4?
An All-on-4 is a specific procedure that will implant a full prosthesis of teeth into the jaw bone with only four anchors per arch. Anchors are essentially the screws holding everything in place.
It provides the toothless with teeth, much like dentures would, but more permanent and without a lot of the hassle. Patients can choose to have either the upper or lower portion done or both, both saves time and usually money in the long run.
One aspect that makes the All-on-4 procedure different from other implants is that they are placed at an angle, which allows for increased contact by using the natural support of your bone. This eliminates the need for bone grafting or replacing missing bone in most patients.
How the procedure works
The first step is getting the teeth to match the arch of the patient’s existing teeth or dentures. This arch will be crucial to creating the final teeth to be installed.
The day of the procedure the patient is IV sedated to relax them and then the surgery area is numbed. If there are any unnecessary teeth they will be removed. Although the patient will walk out of there seeing their new smile, it is not the finished product.
Once the bone has secured the dental implants then they remove the temporary arch of teeth to make room for the stronger and sleeker arch leaving only a beautiful long-lasting smile.
All-on-4 verses dentures
People who should consider dental implants are those who have dentures or are looking into receiving them. Dentures press against the gums, need special care, can’t be worn at night and have all of these other hassles associated with them.
All-on-4 implants look, feel, and function like normal teeth would. The dental care could be that of having normal teeth, brushing, flossing, and visiting the dentist regularly. No one will even notice they aren’t real.
When searching for the best solution to tooth loss the All-on-4 should really be at the top of everyone’s list. This is a long term solution with no more up-keep than your average teeth. It allows you to get back to your everyday life.
General Articles1. Considerations For Choosing The Best Mobile App Development Platform
Author: sachin kumar
2. C & L Services Expands In Northern Nj With Acquisition Of Apgar Power Sweeping
3. Digital Wall Covering | Digital Printing | Dot2dot
4. Interactive Kiosk Manufacturers
5. Kiosk Manufacturer For Sale
6. Online Reputation Management Service
Author: webigg technology
7. Free Steps For Facebook Retargeting Campaign
Author: webigg technology
8. Chennai Sanitation Workers Say No To Automated Waste Management
Author: new indian express
9. Why Are Truck Fleet Owners Finding It Difficult To Make E-payments At Tolls?
Author: Roopali Parandekar
10. Powering Business Growth With Ios App Localisation
Author: Shreya Gupta
11. Hvac Baltimore Can Offer Reliable Plumbing Solutions
Author: Robert hill
12. Apartment Design
Author: Monnaie Architects
13. What To Look Into Before Choosing An Appliance Replacement Company?
Author: Eric Dean
14. Eating Nourishing Food – Order For Fitness Meals Toronto Online
Author: Oliver Shin
15. What Is Web 2.0? Is There A Fine Line Between Web 2.0 And Seo?
Author: Emily Smith