ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Know The Difference Between Motorcycle And Camper Trailers
Total Articles: 32
A trailer may be a trailer designed to haul motorcycles behind an automobile or truck. They may be open or enclosed, may be wide, for two bikes side-by-side, or narrow, for just a single bike. Collapsible or folding motorcycle trailers are available to overcome storage problems that might prevent use of a non-collapsible trailer, some such trailers are sufficiently compact to allow the user to carry the trailer in the trunk of a car when not in use.
The main features that distinguish them from other flatbed or enclosed trailers are
• Track to keep the wheels from sliding side to side and sufficient tie down points to keep the motorcycle(s) from tipping.
• They may also include ramp(s) to facilitate the loading and unloading of motorcycles.
• Trailer manufacturers often offer trailers specifically designed for carrying motorcycles.
Benefits of the products:
• An enclosed motorbike trailer has the advantage of protecting the motorcycle within from the weather and from prying eyes, and of being able to lock the motorcycle up securely.
• They are heavier than open trailers and create more wind resistance, decreasing the mileage of the towing vehicle.
• An enclosed motorcycle-specific trailer can be built low enough so as not to increase resistance due to wind, and therefore mileage, substantially.
A camper trailer on the other hand, is towed behind a road vehicle to provide a place to sleep which is more comfortable and protected than a tent (although there are fold-down trailer tents).
• It provides the means for people to have their own home on a journey or a vacation.
• No motel or hotel is required, and enables them to stay in places where none is available. However, in some countries fees are payable at designated sites.
• Camper trailers and caravans vary from basic models which may be little more than a tent on wheels to those containing several rooms with all the furniture, furnishings and equipment of a home.
• A camper trailer differentiates itself from similar products due to their ability to go off road. It features large water holding tanks, batteries for electricity and off-road suspension.
Some legal restrictions on towing trailers:
• The motor cycle trailer must be marked with its kerbside weight.
• The trailer must be clearly and indelibly marked with its unladen weight.
• The same number plate must be displayed as the towing vehicle on the trailer.
• Trailers must have two red sidelights, two red stop lights, a number plate light, two triangular red reflectors and amber indicators (which flash between 60 and 120 times per minute) at the rear.
Safety tips for towing include:
• While towing the trailer, ride closer to the centre of the road. Keep in mind the width of your trailer.
• Be careful of the "oil strip" in the centre of the road at intersections.
• Also, watch for uneven road surfaces and road edges which can unbalance the trailer.
Another type of motorcycle trailer is a wheeled frame with a hitch system designed for transporting cargo by motorcycle. However, due to the specified maximum speed limit on single carriageways for caravans on the crowded and often narrow roads, a camper trailer is seen as a nuisance by some motorists.
The author of this article, Deb Baker, has long years experience in operating camper trailer, enclosed trailer, as he has been working in a renowned trailer agency since long.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson