ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Know The Difference Between Motorcycle And Camper Trailers
Total Articles: 32
A trailer may be a trailer designed to haul motorcycles behind an automobile or truck. They may be open or enclosed, may be wide, for two bikes side-by-side, or narrow, for just a single bike. Collapsible or folding motorcycle trailers are available to overcome storage problems that might prevent use of a non-collapsible trailer, some such trailers are sufficiently compact to allow the user to carry the trailer in the trunk of a car when not in use.
The main features that distinguish them from other flatbed or enclosed trailers are
• Track to keep the wheels from sliding side to side and sufficient tie down points to keep the motorcycle(s) from tipping.
• They may also include ramp(s) to facilitate the loading and unloading of motorcycles.
• Trailer manufacturers often offer trailers specifically designed for carrying motorcycles.
Benefits of the products:
• An enclosed motorbike trailer has the advantage of protecting the motorcycle within from the weather and from prying eyes, and of being able to lock the motorcycle up securely.
• They are heavier than open trailers and create more wind resistance, decreasing the mileage of the towing vehicle.
• An enclosed motorcycle-specific trailer can be built low enough so as not to increase resistance due to wind, and therefore mileage, substantially.
A camper trailer on the other hand, is towed behind a road vehicle to provide a place to sleep which is more comfortable and protected than a tent (although there are fold-down trailer tents).
• It provides the means for people to have their own home on a journey or a vacation.
• No motel or hotel is required, and enables them to stay in places where none is available. However, in some countries fees are payable at designated sites.
• Camper trailers and caravans vary from basic models which may be little more than a tent on wheels to those containing several rooms with all the furniture, furnishings and equipment of a home.
• A camper trailer differentiates itself from similar products due to their ability to go off road. It features large water holding tanks, batteries for electricity and off-road suspension.
Some legal restrictions on towing trailers:
• The motor cycle trailer must be marked with its kerbside weight.
• The trailer must be clearly and indelibly marked with its unladen weight.
• The same number plate must be displayed as the towing vehicle on the trailer.
• Trailers must have two red sidelights, two red stop lights, a number plate light, two triangular red reflectors and amber indicators (which flash between 60 and 120 times per minute) at the rear.
Safety tips for towing include:
• While towing the trailer, ride closer to the centre of the road. Keep in mind the width of your trailer.
• Be careful of the "oil strip" in the centre of the road at intersections.
• Also, watch for uneven road surfaces and road edges which can unbalance the trailer.
Another type of motorcycle trailer is a wheeled frame with a hitch system designed for transporting cargo by motorcycle. However, due to the specified maximum speed limit on single carriageways for caravans on the crowded and often narrow roads, a camper trailer is seen as a nuisance by some motorists.
The author of this article, Deb Baker, has long years experience in operating camper trailer, enclosed trailer, as he has been working in a renowned trailer agency since long.
Travel Articles1. Finding Spot For Organizing School Picnic Has Become Easy
2. Irving Taxi Service Gives The Best Transport Service For Your Weekend Trip
Author: Irving Instant Cab
3. Choose Vacation Home Rentals Jasper Ar For Limitless Excitement
Author: Kirby Burk
4. Petra Tours - A Useful Guide For First-timers
5. Assisted Tour Package Prove As The Best To Explore The Face Of Rajasthan
Author: Colourful Indian Holidays
6. Charisma Of Affordable Christchurch Holiday Package
Author: Damien McConnell
7. Benefits To Hire Personal Driver Nyc Services
Author: Robert Anhouse
8. Show Proper Significance With A Limousine Rental In Atlanta
Author: John Anderson
9. For Covering Long Distances Choose The Premium Cab Service Provider
Author: John Watson
10. Impress The In-laws With Cheap Car Service Houston
Author: MARK Jones
11. 4 Popular And Best Foods To Eat When In South Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
12. 4 Best Beaches In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
13. How To Plan Vacation Tours In Croatia
Author: Alfred Hunter
14. Stylish And Purposeful Wedding Arrangements For Limousine Service In Minneapolis
Author: john wick
15. If Planning A Home Relocation, Leave Entire Household To Moving Services Richmond Va
Author: Stewart Moving & Storage