ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Know The Difference Between Motorcycle And Camper Trailers
Total Articles: 32
A trailer may be a trailer designed to haul motorcycles behind an automobile or truck. They may be open or enclosed, may be wide, for two bikes side-by-side, or narrow, for just a single bike. Collapsible or folding motorcycle trailers are available to overcome storage problems that might prevent use of a non-collapsible trailer, some such trailers are sufficiently compact to allow the user to carry the trailer in the trunk of a car when not in use.
The main features that distinguish them from other flatbed or enclosed trailers are
• Track to keep the wheels from sliding side to side and sufficient tie down points to keep the motorcycle(s) from tipping.
• They may also include ramp(s) to facilitate the loading and unloading of motorcycles.
• Trailer manufacturers often offer trailers specifically designed for carrying motorcycles.
Benefits of the products:
• An enclosed motorbike trailer has the advantage of protecting the motorcycle within from the weather and from prying eyes, and of being able to lock the motorcycle up securely.
• They are heavier than open trailers and create more wind resistance, decreasing the mileage of the towing vehicle.
• An enclosed motorcycle-specific trailer can be built low enough so as not to increase resistance due to wind, and therefore mileage, substantially.
A camper trailer on the other hand, is towed behind a road vehicle to provide a place to sleep which is more comfortable and protected than a tent (although there are fold-down trailer tents).
• It provides the means for people to have their own home on a journey or a vacation.
• No motel or hotel is required, and enables them to stay in places where none is available. However, in some countries fees are payable at designated sites.
• Camper trailers and caravans vary from basic models which may be little more than a tent on wheels to those containing several rooms with all the furniture, furnishings and equipment of a home.
• A camper trailer differentiates itself from similar products due to their ability to go off road. It features large water holding tanks, batteries for electricity and off-road suspension.
Some legal restrictions on towing trailers:
• The motor cycle trailer must be marked with its kerbside weight.
• The trailer must be clearly and indelibly marked with its unladen weight.
• The same number plate must be displayed as the towing vehicle on the trailer.
• Trailers must have two red sidelights, two red stop lights, a number plate light, two triangular red reflectors and amber indicators (which flash between 60 and 120 times per minute) at the rear.
Safety tips for towing include:
• While towing the trailer, ride closer to the centre of the road. Keep in mind the width of your trailer.
• Be careful of the "oil strip" in the centre of the road at intersections.
• Also, watch for uneven road surfaces and road edges which can unbalance the trailer.
Another type of motorcycle trailer is a wheeled frame with a hitch system designed for transporting cargo by motorcycle. However, due to the specified maximum speed limit on single carriageways for caravans on the crowded and often narrow roads, a camper trailer is seen as a nuisance by some motorists.
The author of this article, Deb Baker, has long years experience in operating camper trailer, enclosed trailer, as he has been working in a renowned trailer agency since long.
Travel Articles1. Fishpond Taxi Or Clifton Taxi – Delivering Maximum Convenience For The Clients!
Author: Michel Umer
2. Restaurant La Source – La Source Restaurant In Paris Is All Set To Cater You In The Most Unique Way!
Author: Ano Nymous
3. Shuttle Service From Honolulu Airport To Hotels & 4 Best Accommodations For Travelers
Author: Trung Tran
4. What Does The Inclusion Of A Kitchen In A Hotel Room Mean To The Hotel Industry?
Author: The Lotus
5. Uganda – A Country Of Sheer Wildlife
6. Gorilla Tracking Etiquettes In Uganda
7. Looking For Cheap Flights To London? Find Low Cost Flights Here!
8. Looking Forward To Relax? Will Transport You To A Tranquil World
Author: Mr. Dave
9. Car Service In Dfw & List Of The Top Rated Restaurants In The Dfw Area
Author: Shakil Ahmed
10. What Places One Need To Visit During His Sahara Desert Tour?
Author: Mohamed El Galouti
11. Prom Parties With A Charter Bus In San Francisco
Author: Hire Charter Bus
12. Hemingway’s Cuba
Author: Stephen David
13. Canada Immigradation Consultants In Hyderabad
Author: visas permits
14. Enjoy Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing And Safari To Africa And Tanzania Wildebeest
15. How To Find Best Serviced Apartment Accommodation In Nairobi
Author: Sanajay SHah