ALL >> Business >> View Article
Insulation Tester From Megger - Check Specifications
Total Articles: 38
Megger has been widely acknowledged for being the pioneer of insulating testing devices with over centuries of experience. Where today the qualities of electrical devices are seen degrading with little use in time, mostly due to insulation breakdown, it is for these testers that we tend to cope up with the failure. These testers apply a regulated DC voltage across the insulation and measure current flow through it applying ohm's law to calculate insulation resistance.
Megger has a considerable range of insulation test equipment of 5 &10 kV to choose from. All these Megger Insulation Testers provide the engineers and electricians versatility and quality like never before. And among such varieties of brilliantly crafted Insulation Testers, we bring you one such model of excellence - the Megger BM5200.
The Megger BM5200 tester is an instrument running on battery (Powered by eight 1.5 V IEC I.R6 (AA) cells), with both analogue and digital displays. The instrument works on three Insulation Resistance Test Modes, namely the Insulation mode, the Polarisation mode & the Variable Time Test modes. For capacitive test objects, the instrument is designed such that it automatically discharges through an internal resistor and indicate voltage across the terminals. The DC insulation tests are performed atfive effective test ranges namely 250V, 500V, 1000V, 2500V & 5000V.Also one has the choice of choosing between AC and DC (including frequency) voltmeter functions. Further a Guard terminal is provided to shunt surface leakage currents.
SOME FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
• Compact, rugged insulation tester
• Easy operation and voltage range selection.
• AC and DC voltmeter
• User settable IR test timer
• Soft carry case for instrument and leads
• Quick start and full user guide.
• Design safety features include high voltage warning indicator, external voltage display after IR test, automatic discharge of reactive loads and test leads.
THE MEGGER INSULATOR TESTER SPECIFICATIONS:
The following Insulation Tester Specifications are valid at 20 degree Celsius.
• Insulation Range :100 kilo-ohm to 1 Terra-ohm
• Nominal test voltages: 250 V, 500V, 1000V, 2500V, 5000V
• Insulation accuracy:Up to 1 GΩ: All ranges ±5% ±2 digits
Over 1 GΩ: 5000 V ±5% ±0.04% per GΩ;2500 V ±5% ±0.08% per GΩ;1000 V ±5% ±0.2% per GΩ;500 V ±5% ±0.4% per GΩ; 250 V ±5% ±0.8% per GΩ
• Terminal voltage accuracy :<1000 V 0...+10% of nominal test voltage ≥1000 V 0...+5% of nominal test voltage
• Short circuit current:1.4 mA ± 0.5 mA
• Maximum load capacitance:5 μF
• Voltmeter accuracy:3% ± 3 V
• Frequency measurement:45 Hz to 65 Hz
• Frequency accuracy:±2 Hz
• Voltage range:up to 600 V AC or DC
• Power supply:8 x LR6/AA batteries
• Battery life:5 hours @ 5 kV into 100 MΩ with AA Alkaline LR6
• Guard:2% error guarding 5 MΩ leakage on 100 MΩ load
• Operating temperature range:-20 ºC to +55 ºC
• Operating humidity:90% RH, 0 ºC to 40 ºC ,70% RH, 40 ºC to 55 ºC
• Storage temperature:-20 ºC to +65 ºC
• Insulation protection:IP40
• Maximum Altitude:2000 m.
• Safety Protection: Insulation Cat III 600 V
• EMC:The product conforms to IEC 61326
• Dimensions (W, H, D):220 mm x 115 mm x 163 mm
• Weight:1.45 kg
Thus, the Megger BM5200 is one such product that you cannot afford to miss. And with optimum quality as such, this product serves the purpose of its existence quite well, indeed!
Author is contributor writer for insulation tester measuring tools and here sharing best features of Megger Insulation Testers to all among the reader here.
Business Articles1. Brilliant Advice For Your Start-up
Author: Carl Frederic Sealey
2. A New Life In Alanya/turkey
3. A Startup’s Quick Guide For Finding Tax And Accounting Services
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Get Best Quality Fruits Gift Hampers Online
5. Castle Hill Best Indian Restaurant
6. Leaftrend – Ecofriendly Disposable Palm Leaf Plates, Wedding And Party Plates- 7 Inch Square Flat Pa
Author: Jane cristina
7. Signage | Box Up Signage| Digital Printing |dot2dot
8. Dosti Is Trusted Packers And Movers In Pune
9. Vinyl Windows Okc – Why It Is A Much Preferred Option For Homeowners
Author: Mark Sipla
10. 3 Benefits Of Using A Convertible Hand Truck
11. Optimizing Time Using The “beforehand” Technique
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Exotic Experience With Bar And Grill
Author: pied Piper
13. What Are The Video Conferencing Perks For The Retail Sector?
14. All That You Need For Understanding Your Customers Today
Author: Surabhi Joshi
15. What Are The Mechanical Design Requirements For Electric Hoists?
Author: Mahi Sheth