ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
Good News: Google Reconsideration Requests More Helpful
Total Articles: 2
It's the beginning of your day, you open your computer, tap in your web address and find it displays in Google with a 'warning' under it. You click on your site to find an ominous message: Google has penalized your site because it goes against Google guidelines. If you've never had that happen before, it's kind of like being called to the principal's office as an adult-and you know your day is about to get a whole lot more interesting.
You know you need to figure out how to get your site back online, and what steps to take, but you don't know where to start. Google has been historically difficult to work with when it comes to removing site penalties. But there's good news. It's not nearly that dramatic anymore.
In fact, Google has budged, just enough to ensure that if your site is penalized, they offer more information and helpful actions to restore it. Google reconsideration requests aren't as difficult to navigate anymore.
Here's what you need to know, if you find yourself in this situation:
1. The Majority of Penalties Result from Quality Issues in Bad Backlinks
In the last few years, it's been found that about 95% of Google quality penalties are due to some backlinks. These are links from:
• Spamming sites are sites that crawl your site and or comment many times.
• Sites with 'dofollow' links. These sites create a connection to your site and act as added weight. They bring your site’s ranking and performance down because of their low quality.
• Sites that have no relevance to yours, provide no value with limited content and are set-up with automated comments.
There are other reasons, too. There may be a technical glitch, like broken links, or a content management system that won't allow Google bot to properly crawl and index your site. And Google will provide this information.
2. Become Friends with the Manual Action Viewer in Google Webmaster Tools.
Restoring your site to its former status can take some work. You're going to either have to review all of the links Google shows to your site, or hire someone to do so. You will need to review all links and create 'nofollow' code, ensuring spammy sites can no longer track back to yours.
But, Google offers its 'Manual Action Viewer' page to support users with any problems. This is a list of site problems and actions to take to correct them. Again, depending on the amount of issues, this can be a work-intensive process. But ticking off all the actions on this lists helps users troubleshoot more efficiently. Once you're finished, Google provides a link to request a review.
3. Be Patient with Google Review
It can take a while to get your site restored, but not as long as it used to. It can take less than a day to receive a response and Google will provide explicit information if there's anything more you need to do. Getting your site restored can take as little as twenty-four hours. But, if you're still having trouble, there are other options. Consider using the Webmaster Products Forum, where moderators can also help identify the problem and speed-up the process.
To ensure you never find yourself in this situation, the best idea is to download a sitemap, in case your site is hacked and closed completely. Also, make it a part of your IT best practices to sweep your site of bad back links, using Google's manual action viewer. Finally, consider a reputable monitoring company, so you can concentrate on your business.
Searchoptics.com is a leader in digital marketing solutions for the automotive industry. Search Optics interactive marketing services include custom websites, search engine optimization, paid search and mobile solutions that generate leads which result in sales opportunities. Search Optics specializes in automotive digital marketing and automotive marketing services.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Q&a | Answering All The Faqs About Social Media Aggregators
Author: Alex Watts
2. Avail Internet Marketing Companies In Pune Services To Reach Your Online Business Objectives
3. On Facebook…and The Shifty Home-business Generation
Author: Hannah George
4. Local Seo In Waterloo Ontario - Sizing Up The Competition
Author: Nick Watson is the author of this article
5. 4 Trends In The Digital Marketing Sphere That Will Help You Generate More Sales
Author: Joseph Symons
6. Bulk Sms Reselling Business Oppurtunity – Smsjosh
7. Important Factors To Consider While Enlisting For Online Construction Directory
Author: John Tremblay
8. Custom Mobile Development For Businesses
Author: Paul Wright
9. Plug Your Business Into The Digital Age With 180 Fusion
10. Pay Per Click Management Service To Take Your Business To The Next Level
11. Pasadena Web Development
Author: web design pasadena
12. A Few Effective Tips To Ensure Best Operation Of Your Business Site
Author: Bit Zenith
13. 7 Ways Personal Reputation Management Services Help You Create A Strong Online Presence
Author: AKS Interactive
14. Email Automation An Effective Way For Engaging Customers
15. The Point To Point Guide To Boosting Your Google Rankings Without Getting Penalized