ALL >> Service >> View Article
Process Of Drywall Installation
Total Articles: 4
Drywall is the most important part of the construction. It also acts as a foundation to hold paint or wallpaper. It is otherwise known as sheetrock, rock and wallboard. Installing a drywall can be quite tricky if you don’t have a basic knowledge about it. Some people prefer to install it themselves and call up the professionals for the taping work. There are numerous Drywall installer Naperville. Whether you need a pro for the installation or are doing the whole installation process yourself, you need to know the fundamentals of installing a drywall.
Buying the material:
• While deciding upon how much drywall you require, compute the total square footage of walls and ceilings that need installation.
• Usually drywall sheets come in 4’x8’. There are bigger sizes as well, like 4’x12’, though it becomes harder to handle them. If you have the extra help and 4’x12’ can help cover more ground then go for it.
• Drywalls are lined up vertically to cover space quicker. Though you can lay them horizontally as well, especially in the case of ceilings.
• Understand the thickness of the drywall. They come in 1/4” – 5/8” thickness. ½” are the most popular ones and ¼” are used as an overlay for existing drywalls. Check local building codes for requirements.
• Green rock is a type of drywall material which suitable for moisture ridden areas - the garage and bathroom. Though installing green rock throughout the house can turn out messy.
• Before placing the new drywalls, remove all the old drywalls and screws.
• Make sure you check for termites and moisture. Once the drywalls are fixed, termites can destroy it if not checked in advance.
Measuring and cutting the drywall
• Cut the drywall by using a sharp utility knife along the T shaped brace. Run the knife vertically along the line made by the T. Break the end piece from the marked line.
Fixing the drywall
• Every drywall should be supported by a strapping piece or a joist.
• Apply a bead of adhesive glue on the strapping piece. With the help of another person place it on the ceiling.
• Drive 6 screws in the middle of the drywall in a straight line. The screws should be equidistant from each other.
• Don’t drive the screw too deep as it can damage the drywall.
• Always finish the ceilings first before doing the walls.
• Apply the same procedure for the walls. First apply the adhesive glue on the strapping piece or joist, place the drywall and then drive screws through the middle.
Mudding and taping
• To hide the nails, apply a coat of drywall compound over the seams. The consistency must be that of sour curd. With a taping knife, smooth out the compound to get an even apply.
• Next, use tape to cover all the compound mud. Use a putty knife to flatten the tape. Make sure there are no air bubbles. Wipe out the extra mud.
• Apply two to three coats of mudding and taping for better strength.
• With sandpaper or sanding block, sand hard at the tape only after the final coat is dried.
• For a better finish, apply primer after the first sanding process and later sand the area again.
• Make sure you don’t overdo sanding an area as you can ruin the tape and mud.
While contacting professionals, make sure they come for an inspection and provide you with a quote. If you need professional help for repairs, contact Drywall repair Naperville.
Author is an associate editor for Drywall installer Naperville
. Visit aaelectric.com to find the best services Drywall Installer Naperville. Drywall repair Naperville.We are here to help you for Drywall Repair Aurora, Drywall Repair Naperville, Basement Remodeling Naperville, Lead Paint Abatement Aurora, Kitchen Remodeling Naperville.
Service Articles1. International Shopping, Global Shopping, Shop Worldwide Ship To India
Author: transit address
2. Intelegain – One Of The Best Cloud Service Providers In Mumbai
Author: Rachel Garifal
3. What Is Isi Certification?
Author: Ram Kumar
4. How To Pick The Right Auto Locksmith In North Dallas
5. Illinois Medical Immigration
6. Get The Right Advice From The Expert Consultants
Author: career overseas
7. Modern Day Printers And Their Importance
Author: William is the author of this article.
8. Being A Mother Is Your Choice, Enjoy It
Author: Monika Zuzanska
9. Los Alamitos Residential Green Cleaning Services
Author: Monika Zuzanska
10. A Smarter Way To Manage Hotels: Smart Hospitality Technology
Author: Manisha Nigam
11. Injured In A Car Accident? How Fault Is Established In Ohio
Author: JON ALAN LAFFERTY
12. Promotional Staff London
13. Why Hire Promotional Staff
14. Advance Script Solution For Online Real Estate Business
Author: sawati rawat
15. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Packers & Movers
Author: Sophie Clarke