ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Contact Traffic Attorney Harris County For Legal Support In Dwi Cases
Total Articles: 5
A charge of driving while intoxicated is a serious crime in Houston. Although it may be your first offense, it is advisable to contact Traffic Attorney Harris County who has experience in handling DWI/DUI cases. The attorney and his investigators will thoroughly evaluate the state's case piece by piece.
If suspicious about a driver, whether due to something as simple as his speed or erratic movements, such as weaving or swerving, the police officer will generally stop that driver and perform field sobriety tests, breath tests, and now almost exclusively, subject the driver to a blood test against his will - all supposedly to check if the driver is under the influence of alcohol.
If the officer arrests the driver for violating the DWI DUI laws in Houston then charges are filed against the driver which can lead to severe punishments like jail time that may range from 3 days to 2 years, fines and fees that amount to thousands of dollars, license revocation, suspension of driving privileges and personal restrictions requiring random drug and alcohol testing, mandatory supervision, interlock devices, community service, and education classes. Other consequences for first time DWIs will include much higher insurance rates, possible loss of employment and public scorn.
However, traffic tickets defense lawyer Houston can often obtain dismissal of the charges through careful scrutiny of inaccuracies in the prosecution charges. For example, he may find a lack of probable cause to arrest or reasonable suspicion to stop, an inability to accurately extrapolate the alcohol content in the blood at the time of the stop, an issue with the chain of custody or management of key evidence, or even unconstitutional search and seizure issues which could lead to a suppression of evidence that was illegally obtained or falsified.
These issues, among others, could so weaken the state's case that it is forced to begrudgingly recommend dismissal. So whenever a driver receives a traffic ticket it is better for him to find a professional traffic tickets defense lawyer Houston who can help them to avoid the three costly mistakes often committed by defendants. Confessing to a prosecutor or police under duress, pleading guilty to avoid a full fine or jail, or pleading no contest to obtain an early release from jail.
In reality, a class B 1st offense DWI causes a mandatory license surcharge of $3,000.00. This is actually more than the maximum fine of $2,000.00. The moral is taking a plea to avoid the full fine doesn't help because the defendant will still owe the surcharge - something rarely explained by prosecutors because it is an administrative issue ancillary to the case and, more importantly, because their job is to prosecute the defendant not to advise him.
Thus it is always better to approach the DWI DUI lawyer Houston who with his experience and skills will represent the client and see that the case is handled with the utmost care.
If you’re arrested on some kind drug related charge then you’re in need of a professional traffic attorney Harris County to fight against the charges. If you’re located in Houston then here at glaw.me you can find best drug possession lawyer. To get details, please visit our web site.
Legal Articles1. Why Patent Validity Search Is Required To Validate Any Claim?
Author: Synoptic IP
2. Top 5 Tips To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney
Author: Zane Norman
3. Attain Best Legal Advice On Cancelling Timeshare Contract By Timeshare Lawyer
Author: Advocate Financial Services
4. 3 Situations When You Need A Probate Attorney
Author: Betsy Salcedo
5. Litigation Officers And Their Role In The Aftermath Of October 2017 Wildfires
Author: Eric James
6. Hire A Houston Dwi Lawyer To Save Yourself From The Drug Paraphernalia Charges
Author: Gloria Lipp
7. How Will Your Nj Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You In Getting The Right Compensation?
Author: Andrew Bronsnick
8. How Can You Make The Best Decision In Order To Hire Bankruptcy Lawyer Nj?
Author: Howard Sobel
9. Get To Know More About Us Immigration And Its Elements.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
10. All You Need To Know About Bankruptcy And Bankruptcy Laws
Author: Vipin Nirwal
11. How Your Personal Injury Lawyer Nj Can Help You In Filing A Proper Claim?
Author: Howard N Sobel
12. Litigation Services Can Help You To Manage Your Northern California Wildfire Financial Losses
Author: Eric James
13. Choosing A Good Immigration Solicitor London Could Be An Answer To All Immigration Related Worries
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
14. How To Get The Most For Your Injury Claim With New Jersey Personal Injury Attorney
Author: Gregg Wisotsky
15. 5 Facts That Every Personal Injury Lawyer Nj Would Want You To Know
Author: Howard D. Popper