ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Difference Between Stucco And Synthetic Stucco
Total Articles: 5
Cement-based stucco and synthetic stucco, which is otherwise called as EIFS or Exterior Insulation And Finish System, share many similarities. Both of them ensure reduction of noise and fire-resistance as well. Both are available in different styles, colors and varieties. They also have similarity in look, but there are differences too between them. These differences are to be considered, when making the best choice and here is a comparison of EIFS Vs. Stucco, so that the homeowners can make the best selection:
Materials: The traditional alternatives are made with Portland cement, water, lime and sand, while the other alternative is prepared from films of foam insulation, fiberglass and finish coat. The former is applied directly to masonry over a metal lath or wire base and it is finally coated with an acrylic finish.
Water resistance: When talking about EIFS Vs. Stucco, the latter is better in providing protection to the structures against dampness. In general, cement is permeable in nature and it can quickly dry and so any wetness that gets between the stucco and the home can easily drain away. When talking about EIFS, the core material is non-breathable polystyrene foam. When a homeowner plans to opt for EIFS, he should be careful about the selection of the best installation service, particularly if his house has wooden flooring. Otherwise, if the installation is not done properly, there are chances of water damage to the wooden structures.
Flexibility: When a homeowner plans for Exterior window trim bands, it is better to go for EIFS. This is because, the traditional alternatives do not have the flexibility to match the exterior window trim bands, while the synthetic alternative can lend itself to intricate shaping.
Maintenance: Both alternatives cannot be said as maintenance-free, as both of them need some sort of maintenance. Traditional stucco can be tinted to the favorite color, but this type cannot hold color as the other type. Over-the-time, the cement based alternative will fade. However, to prevent fading, some homeowners decide to paint stucco, which will involve a lot of expenditure and regular maintenance as well. When talking about the synthetic type, it will need regular monitoring to make sure that water has not seeped beneath. Otherwise, there are chances of termite infestation, mildew and rot, thereby requiring huge expenses on repairs.
To conclude, it is better to get in touch with a professional company dealing with stucco to get the best stucco trim ideas. In addition to providing the right stucco trim ideas, they will also guide the homeowners in making the right selection.
Choosing stucco as the exterior of home is the best idea to enhance beauty of your home. If you are looking for best stucco mouldings, then Stuccotrims.com is an ultimate source for you. Here you can get Exterior window trim bands which gives an excellent look to your home. For more info, please Click Here.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden