ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Difference Between Stucco And Synthetic Stucco
Total Articles: 5
Cement-based stucco and synthetic stucco, which is otherwise called as EIFS or Exterior Insulation And Finish System, share many similarities. Both of them ensure reduction of noise and fire-resistance as well. Both are available in different styles, colors and varieties. They also have similarity in look, but there are differences too between them. These differences are to be considered, when making the best choice and here is a comparison of EIFS Vs. Stucco, so that the homeowners can make the best selection:
Materials: The traditional alternatives are made with Portland cement, water, lime and sand, while the other alternative is prepared from films of foam insulation, fiberglass and finish coat. The former is applied directly to masonry over a metal lath or wire base and it is finally coated with an acrylic finish.
Water resistance: When talking about EIFS Vs. Stucco, the latter is better in providing protection to the structures against dampness. In general, cement is permeable in nature and it can quickly dry and so any wetness that gets between the stucco and the home can easily drain away. When talking about EIFS, the core material is non-breathable polystyrene foam. When a homeowner plans to opt for EIFS, he should be careful about the selection of the best installation service, particularly if his house has wooden flooring. Otherwise, if the installation is not done properly, there are chances of water damage to the wooden structures.
Flexibility: When a homeowner plans for Exterior window trim bands, it is better to go for EIFS. This is because, the traditional alternatives do not have the flexibility to match the exterior window trim bands, while the synthetic alternative can lend itself to intricate shaping.
Maintenance: Both alternatives cannot be said as maintenance-free, as both of them need some sort of maintenance. Traditional stucco can be tinted to the favorite color, but this type cannot hold color as the other type. Over-the-time, the cement based alternative will fade. However, to prevent fading, some homeowners decide to paint stucco, which will involve a lot of expenditure and regular maintenance as well. When talking about the synthetic type, it will need regular monitoring to make sure that water has not seeped beneath. Otherwise, there are chances of termite infestation, mildew and rot, thereby requiring huge expenses on repairs.
To conclude, it is better to get in touch with a professional company dealing with stucco to get the best stucco trim ideas. In addition to providing the right stucco trim ideas, they will also guide the homeowners in making the right selection.
Choosing stucco as the exterior of home is the best idea to enhance beauty of your home. If you are looking for best stucco mouldings, then Stuccotrims.com is an ultimate source for you. Here you can get Exterior window trim bands which gives an excellent look to your home. For more info, please Click Here.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi