ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Difference Between Stucco And Synthetic Stucco
Total Articles: 5
Cement-based stucco and synthetic stucco, which is otherwise called as EIFS or Exterior Insulation And Finish System, share many similarities. Both of them ensure reduction of noise and fire-resistance as well. Both are available in different styles, colors and varieties. They also have similarity in look, but there are differences too between them. These differences are to be considered, when making the best choice and here is a comparison of EIFS Vs. Stucco, so that the homeowners can make the best selection:
Materials: The traditional alternatives are made with Portland cement, water, lime and sand, while the other alternative is prepared from films of foam insulation, fiberglass and finish coat. The former is applied directly to masonry over a metal lath or wire base and it is finally coated with an acrylic finish.
Water resistance: When talking about EIFS Vs. Stucco, the latter is better in providing protection to the structures against dampness. In general, cement is permeable in nature and it can quickly dry and so any wetness that gets between the stucco and the home can easily drain away. When talking about EIFS, the core material is non-breathable polystyrene foam. When a homeowner plans to opt for EIFS, he should be careful about the selection of the best installation service, particularly if his house has wooden flooring. Otherwise, if the installation is not done properly, there are chances of water damage to the wooden structures.
Flexibility: When a homeowner plans for Exterior window trim bands, it is better to go for EIFS. This is because, the traditional alternatives do not have the flexibility to match the exterior window trim bands, while the synthetic alternative can lend itself to intricate shaping.
Maintenance: Both alternatives cannot be said as maintenance-free, as both of them need some sort of maintenance. Traditional stucco can be tinted to the favorite color, but this type cannot hold color as the other type. Over-the-time, the cement based alternative will fade. However, to prevent fading, some homeowners decide to paint stucco, which will involve a lot of expenditure and regular maintenance as well. When talking about the synthetic type, it will need regular monitoring to make sure that water has not seeped beneath. Otherwise, there are chances of termite infestation, mildew and rot, thereby requiring huge expenses on repairs.
To conclude, it is better to get in touch with a professional company dealing with stucco to get the best stucco trim ideas. In addition to providing the right stucco trim ideas, they will also guide the homeowners in making the right selection.
Choosing stucco as the exterior of home is the best idea to enhance beauty of your home. If you are looking for best stucco mouldings, then Stuccotrims.com is an ultimate source for you. Here you can get Exterior window trim bands which gives an excellent look to your home. For more info, please Click Here.
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett