ALL >> Health >> View Article
Types Of Hair TransplantationBy Expert Author: Daniel J Wagner
Thinning of hair, hair loss and baldness are quite common these days and many look towards a permanent solution for this ailment. Permanent hair loss can be treated with hair replacement procedures one of which is hair transplantation. Hair transplantation is a cosmetic procedure where a surgeon removes hair follicles or grafts from the back of the head and places them on the bald areas or in areas with scant hair growth.
Hair replacement or hair transplantation procedures utilize your existing hair and are generally successful provided you go to an experienced dermatologist who has the skills to perform the procedure. There are different types of hair transplantation techniques and the suitability of each depends on the individual patient's condition. Basically, there are two methods of removing the grafts for transplantation, namely Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
In Follicular Unit Transplantation, a strip of the scalp from the back of the head is removed and cut into individual grafts used for transplantation. This is an ideal method where large bald areas need to be covered in minimum sittings.
Follicular Unit Extraction involves cutting out each hair graft individually with the help of specialized tools and transplanting it to the areas where there is no hair. Clearly, this is a time consuming process and requires great skill. There are no stitches and hence no scarring with FUE. The patient's recovery is also quicker.
Hair transplantation is done with the help of local anesthesia. Facial Hair transplant California will inject a local anesthetic into the scalp to create a recipient site for the grafts with the help of blades and needles. The extracted grafts are then inserted into the prepared sites.
Types of Hair Transplantation Grafts:
• Micro Grafts – These contain just one or at most two hairs. Slits are made into the scalp with the help of a needle or scalpel to receive the micro grafts. Generally, micro grafting is used to create the hairline on the forehead.
• Slit Grafts – These contain four to ten hairs or may be elongated strips containing 30 to 40 hairs. The recipient site is created by making a slit to receive these grafts.
• Punch Grafts – These can hold 10 to 15 hairs and are lifted with forceps from the donor site. 1 to 4mm diameter punch-like holes are made in the balding area to receive these grafts.
Flap Surgery: This is another type of Hair Restoration Los Angeles technique that can easily cover large balding areas with just one flap of donor tissue. In flap surgery, a part of the balding scalp is removed and a flap of hair bearing tissue is lifted off with one end still attached and sewn on to the recipient area. Flap surgery hair transplantation technique shows faster results although it is a tricky procedure.
Health Articles1. Abortion Clinics Contingencies That You Need To Know!
Author: Kumar Swaminathan
2. The Berkeley Acupuncture Clinic – All You Need To Know About Acupuncture
Author: Bina Jangda
3. Braces In Calhoun
Author: James mercer
4. Remote-controlled Sensual Toys For Long Distance Love
Author: John Dugan
5. Newly Approved Study Tells Stem Cell Research & Therapy Works For Autism
Author: Nupur Jha
6. Weight Loss Pills - An Easy And Proven Way To Lose Weight
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. How Restorative Dentistry Has Transformed People’s Lives?
Author: Ean Landen
8. How Are You Trying To Find The Best Cosmetic Dentist In Scottsdale, Az?
Author: Ellen Clarke
9. Can Aspirin Help In The Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer?
10. Herbal Supplements To Improve Testosterone And Male Stamina Safely
Author: Michael Jayden
11. Get To Know About Seven Unexpected Health Benefits Of Aromatherapy
Author: Manisha Nigam
12. These Sensual Mistakes Compromise Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
13. 4 Teeth Whitening Tips For A Whiter Smile
Author: Vikas Gowd
14. Ayurvedic Weight Loss Treatment To Burn Excess Body Fat Effectively
Author: Mitul Ranawat
15. Ayurvedic Treatment To Gain Weight And Increase Muscle Mass Safely
Author: Mitul Ranawat