ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
10 Important Things You Should Know About Garage Door Parts To Ensure Your Safety
Total Articles: 1
Your garage door can be just like a moveable wall for you but it is most likely a very risky and unsafe moving object at your place having highly tensed springs and an automatic opener. According to a research, because of faulty parts of the garage door, more than 30,000 Americans get injured every year. And these are those cases in which medical treatment was required for the injury; apart from these many of the cases have not been reported.
Therefore, the garage door is something not to be underestimated and should be taken care of while using it. Also there are some important things you should keep in mind when it comes to garage door to ensure safety for you and your family, like:
A door opener must be checked carefully as to whether it is correctly adjusted or not, since if it is not there can be a dangerous force applied by the door which can cause serious injury.
Regular maintenance of the door and its important parts like garage door springs, door tracks, rollers, etc.
Make sure to choose the best garage door service provider to get the door installed only by a professional so that you are sure that your garage door is in safe hands.
While kids around the garage door you need to vigilant and have to ensure that they play safe and try to keep them away from the garage door remote controls.
If there is a major fault in the door or you are not able to make out the fault do not risk your safety by trying to fix it yourself. Also while hiring the professional services do not compromise on the quality just to save some money. Hire the best garage door service for the repair and maintenance.
Be careful when the garage door is opening or closing and make certain that nobody is standing under a moving door. Don’t let the kids play while door is moving.
Educate everyone in your house about the basic safety measures while dealing with the garage door.
Even to the kids you should educate them properly about the garage door. Kids are very curious so just instructing them will not be enough, it is better to show them the parts of the garage door and tell them how they can be dangerous and to what extent it can cause an injury. Even if they do not understand everything but, showing the parts and how the door operates will kill their curiosity and they will take care of themselves.
Apart from that everyone should know about using the emergency release in case a person is pinned by the garage door.
Lubricate the parts of the garage door like openers, garage door springs, rollers, hinges etc. at least twice in a year to let it work efficiently even if they are not squeaky and are running smoothly.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi