ALL » Web-Design >> View Article
How Much Does Web Design Cost?By Expert Author: Robert Crouch
In today's digital economy, few topics are as misunderstood as web design pricing. Coming up with a ballpark estimate for a web design or web development project is a difficult task that hinges on a wide array of considerations. At the very least, the following five factors are an important part of the equation.
The Type of Site
A web project can take a variety of forms. From simple blogs to e-commerce storefronts to portals for major multinational corporations, there are nearly as many types of sites as there are clients. Back-end complexity aside, the cost of designing a site depends on how many page layouts or features are desired or required.
The Complexity of Development
A client's unique vision for their site has a major impact on how tough it will be to execute the project. If a project can be completed by hacking a stock installation of Wordpress or Drupal, the cost will be substantially lower. If a layout or CMS must be crafted more or less from scratch, the cost goes up significantly.
The Project Time Frame
There's a big difference between a one-off project with a definite completion date and an ongoing one that lasts for months or years. A web design firm that's been hired to update a website incrementally over time will simply charge more. Keeping a web design company "on retainer" for a project reduces their ability to work on other clients' projects.
The Client in Question
When it comes to web design, the client often has a huge impact on the final price tag. Depending on whether a client is a solo entrepreneur, a non-profit or a corporation, communication can be either a relatively simple or fairly complicated affair. It's far easier to deal with a single individual than a government or corporate bureaucracy that makes decisions by committee.
The Web Agency's Clout
A web design and Development Company’s reputation will greatly impact their rates. If a web design outfit has a long and distinguished track record of success when it comes to crafting effective layouts, they'll simply charge more. An upstart web design agency without an extensive portfolio will be far more willing to offer discounts.
The Answer Is: It Depends
Accurately predicting the cost of a web design project in advance is never easy. A quality website can cost anywhere from under $1,000 up to $100,000 or more. The situation always changes during the development process, which results in uncertainty. As such, a pre-project consultation and estimate is always the best way to start.
Creativeonemedia.com is a Jacksonville web design and development company with awesome portfolio.
Web Design Articles1. Share Or Buy? Test Sail To Find Out
Author: Grace Lewis
2. Web Developers Aplenty But Who Do You Trust
Author: Stuart Spindlow
3. Important Qualities For A Web Designer
Author: Stuart Spindlow
4. Selecting The Best Web Hosting Company For Your Business
Author: Saibal Chakravarty
5. Check These Tips To Choose A Company For Airport Management
Author: Aviation Infrastructure
6. How To Learn The Gradual Process Behind The Successful Web Designing
7. What Is The Best Guide To Select The Right Website Designing And Development Company
8. Four Skills Needed To Make The Perfect Website
Author: Himanshu Kashyap
9. What Is The Importance Of Overhauling Your Website?
10. How Comes Improve Web Design With These 8 Simple Tips
11. Tips For Designing A Mobile Friendly Website
Author: Rahul Satish
12. The Guide To Responsive Web Design
Author: poonam sharma
13. What Are The Five Things To Know Before Designing A Website
14. What Do You Have To Follow Principles For Getting A Successful Website
15. The Growing Mobile Internet Usage And Future Of Wordpress Sites