ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Customize Your Modern Kitchen
Total Articles: 72
As a home owner, you realize you will spend most of your time in the kitchen, not only for the preparation of meals, but also for other activities. Therefore, it is only logical if you customize your modern kitchen to not only suit your needs, but also reflect your personal style. Here we give you a few modern kitchen ideas when you customize your kitchen
• Kitchen shape style
The shape of your kitchen is one way to customize modern kitchens. You can either have:
1. Single gallery kitchen with working areas next to each other, with a limited storage area
2. Two way gallery kitchen with storage below the worktop and cupboards positioned on the opposite wall for easy access and reduced movement
3. “L” shaped kitchen features more storage and workspace areas where the kitchen corners can serve as convenient dining areas.
4. “U” shaped kitchen with large storage and workspace areas, and installation of an island counter.
5. “G” shaped kitchen where the extra ledge can be used for a table top
Each of these styles has different variants and unique features to its designs for modern kitchen ideas. You can always choose the one that suits your needs. These styles can be adjusted to suit your every need.
The overall kitchen design should completely correspond with your home’s overall interior décor theme. Ensure that your kitchen’s color compliments or blends with the homes over all paint. Elements like kitchen accessories, flooring, lighting brackets, back splash, sink and counter tops should all complement one another. Modern kitchen ideas like lighting are an important consideration. LED’s are normally a better option that fluorescent lighting for modern kitchens. Not only do they last longer, in the long run, they are less expensive. Under cabinet lighting especially for counter tops create a nice ambiance for your kitchen
Most kitchens have a granite or marble counter top. While this suffices the function of the counter top, it provides a limited scope of design. Modern kitchens ideas for table tops have a options of quartz, Travertine and ceramic tiles. Ceramic tiles are available in various finishes, colors, shapes and sizes to suit your needs. Glass and stainless steel material is also available for countertops. They offer a lush appearance and require minimal maintenance. They also provide to be a sanitary kitchen surface because they can be cleaned and washed very easily. Since they are also not porous, no residue will be left behind.
Good flooring will definitely complement your kitchen. The material can be ceramic tiles, marble, granite or even a solid color carpet. it definitely meets the needs of functionality and uniqueness. It also provides a unique sense of identity and personal taste especially for Modern kitchens.
About the Author:
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent Modern kitchen designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. When Should You Consider Hiring A Property Management Service?
Author: Simply Property Management
2. 3 Reasons Why A Dishwasher As A Appliance Is Better Than Hand-washing
Author: Jackson Wood
3. Decorative Concrete Is Really Useful In Home Adornment
Author: Anu Walia
4. Minka Aire Fans – An Ideal Solution For Maximizing Comfort
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Exceptional Features Of Decorative Concrete Flooring
Author: Anu Walia
6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
Author: Lauren Kyes
7. Can Shower Replacement Improve The Look Of Your Bathroom?
8. Walk In Tubs: Soak In The Feeling Of True Relaxation
9. How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Author: James Draper
10. How To Plan Your Home Renovation Process
Author: James Kyle
11. Great Tips For Improving The Lawn With Lawn Mowing Services
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. How To Care For Interior And Exterior Concrete Floors
Author: Mark Moore
14. How Much Does Professional Asbestos Popcorn Removal Cost?
Author: Jacob Ethan
15. Transform Your House With Remodeling Services In Denver
Author: John Cooper