ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Customize Your Modern Kitchen
Total Articles: 72
As a home owner, you realize you will spend most of your time in the kitchen, not only for the preparation of meals, but also for other activities. Therefore, it is only logical if you customize your modern kitchen to not only suit your needs, but also reflect your personal style. Here we give you a few modern kitchen ideas when you customize your kitchen
• Kitchen shape style
The shape of your kitchen is one way to customize modern kitchens. You can either have:
1. Single gallery kitchen with working areas next to each other, with a limited storage area
2. Two way gallery kitchen with storage below the worktop and cupboards positioned on the opposite wall for easy access and reduced movement
3. “L” shaped kitchen features more storage and workspace areas where the kitchen corners can serve as convenient dining areas.
4. “U” shaped kitchen with large storage and workspace areas, and installation of an island counter.
5. “G” shaped kitchen where the extra ledge can be used for a table top
Each of these styles has different variants and unique features to its designs for modern kitchen ideas. You can always choose the one that suits your needs. These styles can be adjusted to suit your every need.
The overall kitchen design should completely correspond with your home’s overall interior décor theme. Ensure that your kitchen’s color compliments or blends with the homes over all paint. Elements like kitchen accessories, flooring, lighting brackets, back splash, sink and counter tops should all complement one another. Modern kitchen ideas like lighting are an important consideration. LED’s are normally a better option that fluorescent lighting for modern kitchens. Not only do they last longer, in the long run, they are less expensive. Under cabinet lighting especially for counter tops create a nice ambiance for your kitchen
Most kitchens have a granite or marble counter top. While this suffices the function of the counter top, it provides a limited scope of design. Modern kitchens ideas for table tops have a options of quartz, Travertine and ceramic tiles. Ceramic tiles are available in various finishes, colors, shapes and sizes to suit your needs. Glass and stainless steel material is also available for countertops. They offer a lush appearance and require minimal maintenance. They also provide to be a sanitary kitchen surface because they can be cleaned and washed very easily. Since they are also not porous, no residue will be left behind.
Good flooring will definitely complement your kitchen. The material can be ceramic tiles, marble, granite or even a solid color carpet. it definitely meets the needs of functionality and uniqueness. It also provides a unique sense of identity and personal taste especially for Modern kitchens.
About the Author:
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent Modern kitchen designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Essential Gardening Tips From Reliable Plant Expert In Uk
Author: Paul Gooderham
2. Air Duct Cleaning In Atlanta,conyers : Why Do I Need To Clean My Air Duct?
3. Apartments For Rent In The Northborough Area
Author: Sue Thornton
4. Hire End Of Lease Cleaning Perth To Get Back Your Full Bond Amount Return From The Landlord
5. Hiring A Professional Cleaner Will Be Beneficiary For You
Author: Monika Zuzanska
6. Facts For Getting A Cleaning Expert
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. Things You Should Know Before Buying A Garage Door
Author: Kevin Bocchini
8. Has Your Carpet Suffered With Gravy Or Any Grease Stains? Tips To Remove Them…..
Author: Riley Evans
9. Things You Need To Know About Bee Removal
Author: Jeff Stanifer
10. Why To Hire Packers And Movers?
11. Cushion Covers Offer A Bright And Contrasting Look To Space
Author: Vedwati Maurya
12. Soundproof Windows Vs Secondary Glazing
Author: Hugo Carter
13. Eco-friendly Interior Designing
Author: Bric Group
14. Turn Your Bathroom Remodeling Dream Into Reality With Help From The Bathroom Remodel Specialist
15. Do's And Don'ts That Will Master Your Bathtub Remodel!