ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
How To Customize Your Modern Kitchen
Total Articles: 75
As a home owner, you realize you will spend most of your time in the kitchen, not only for the preparation of meals, but also for other activities. Therefore, it is only logical if you customize your modern kitchen to not only suit your needs, but also reflect your personal style. Here we give you a few modern kitchen ideas when you customize your kitchen
• Kitchen shape style
The shape of your kitchen is one way to customize modern kitchens. You can either have:
1. Single gallery kitchen with working areas next to each other, with a limited storage area
2. Two way gallery kitchen with storage below the worktop and cupboards positioned on the opposite wall for easy access and reduced movement
3. “L” shaped kitchen features more storage and workspace areas where the kitchen corners can serve as convenient dining areas.
4. “U” shaped kitchen with large storage and workspace areas, and installation of an island counter.
5. “G” shaped kitchen where the extra ledge can be used for a table top
Each of these styles has different variants and unique features to its designs for modern kitchen ideas. You can always choose the one that suits your needs. These styles can be adjusted to suit your every need.
The overall kitchen design should completely correspond with your home’s overall interior décor theme. Ensure that your kitchen’s color compliments or blends with the homes over all paint. Elements like kitchen accessories, flooring, lighting brackets, back splash, sink and counter tops should all complement one another. Modern kitchen ideas like lighting are an important consideration. LED’s are normally a better option that fluorescent lighting for modern kitchens. Not only do they last longer, in the long run, they are less expensive. Under cabinet lighting especially for counter tops create a nice ambiance for your kitchen
Most kitchens have a granite or marble counter top. While this suffices the function of the counter top, it provides a limited scope of design. Modern kitchens ideas for table tops have a options of quartz, Travertine and ceramic tiles. Ceramic tiles are available in various finishes, colors, shapes and sizes to suit your needs. Glass and stainless steel material is also available for countertops. They offer a lush appearance and require minimal maintenance. They also provide to be a sanitary kitchen surface because they can be cleaned and washed very easily. Since they are also not porous, no residue will be left behind.
Good flooring will definitely complement your kitchen. The material can be ceramic tiles, marble, granite or even a solid color carpet. it definitely meets the needs of functionality and uniqueness. It also provides a unique sense of identity and personal taste especially for Modern kitchens.
About the Author:
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent Modern kitchen designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Pros And Cons Of Replacing A Bathtub With A Shower
Author: Mary Morris
2. Kitchen Remodel Tips To Help You Achieve Your Dream Kitchen
Author: Mary Morris
3. 10-point Guide For Choosing Reliable Residential Cleaning Services
Author: Luckie Maid
4. Method For Pest Controlling
Author: Vivek Suthar
5. Hire A Professional To Get Spotless House Cleaning Services
Author: Ethan Symes
6. Tips To Make A House Interior Look Astonishingly Appealing
Author: Jordan Baxter
7. Tips To Shop Solar Water Heater Systems
8. Gnomes Living In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
9. Modern Tiling Options For Bathroom Wall Tiles
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Top 5 Qualities To Look For In A Stuart Fl Plumber
Author: palm city
11. Choosing A Vinyl Siding Color
Author: Mary Morris
12. An Overview Of The Impact Doors
Author: Skip Grimes
13. Fox Mowing Garden Maintenance Program To Suit Your Needs
Author: Phil Maunder
14. What To Ask A Roofing Company Before Selecting Them For The Job
Author: Kevin Smith
15. 5 Ways To Effectively Utilize Incense Sticks