ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why Is The Solid Wood Kitchen A Common Choice Today?
Total Articles: 72
Wood kitchen were traditionally part of most homes in the earlier era and not much has changed since then. While solid wood kitchens were a most prominent choice before, now, modern wood kitchens are in use from the modern era. Here we tell you why the solid wood kitchen, is still a common choice for any modern day kitchen.
• Durability and long lasting
A wood kitchen normally created from solid wood. It is not only beautiful but is also solid and durable enough endure every knock and wear and tear that could happen on a daily basis and not show any signs of damage. Solid wood material is not only superior material but also does not suffer the effects caused by the excessive heat or moisture that normally occurs in any kitchen. If the solid wood kitchens show too many dents and knocks, they can always be redone and finished quickly, with no excessive budget.
• Variety of color options
Those who have solid wood kitchens have the option of leaving their solid wood kitchens unpainted and unfinished. This leaves them with a vast opportunity to choose your color choice as when your mood strikes you. You can have this change at a minimal cost and also on limited surfaces. You can leave certain features of the kitchen like the doors of the cabinet, or the insides of glass paneled cupboards or even the outside of drawers unpainted to keep the wooden look and compliment the painted surface. In this way, you can leave a unique and personal touch to the kitchen every time you will like a change
• Easily available material
Most wood kitchens use material pine, oak, maple for dark hues and solid wood kitchens use mahogany, walnut and cherry. While the maple wood is a great choice for discoloration or pieces of art due to its grainy finish, it gives a clean appearance when used. It also lasts longer compared to other softer woods. Cherry wood is a bit more costly but it is a beautiful and elegant choice. Due to its grain, it makes it ideal for stains.
• High level of protection
While most modern wood kitchens use mineral oil or tung oil as finishing, it also offers a layer of protection. Any staining that occurs can be removed with a moist cloth. Some persistent stains, scratches and scars can be removed with a little sanding; with a new coat of finish sealing it in. and that is not the only protection it offers. Scientific studies have shown that wooden surfaces are less prone to growth of bacteria than other surfaces. That is because most of the wood still retains its bactericide properties that wood chemical structures strongly exhibit. Thus there is no need to disinfect the surface of the wood kitchens regularly.
About the Author:
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent German kitchen designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of solid wood kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma