ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why Is The Solid Wood Kitchen A Common Choice Today?
Total Articles: 72
Wood kitchen were traditionally part of most homes in the earlier era and not much has changed since then. While solid wood kitchens were a most prominent choice before, now, modern wood kitchens are in use from the modern era. Here we tell you why the solid wood kitchen, is still a common choice for any modern day kitchen.
• Durability and long lasting
A wood kitchen normally created from solid wood. It is not only beautiful but is also solid and durable enough endure every knock and wear and tear that could happen on a daily basis and not show any signs of damage. Solid wood material is not only superior material but also does not suffer the effects caused by the excessive heat or moisture that normally occurs in any kitchen. If the solid wood kitchens show too many dents and knocks, they can always be redone and finished quickly, with no excessive budget.
• Variety of color options
Those who have solid wood kitchens have the option of leaving their solid wood kitchens unpainted and unfinished. This leaves them with a vast opportunity to choose your color choice as when your mood strikes you. You can have this change at a minimal cost and also on limited surfaces. You can leave certain features of the kitchen like the doors of the cabinet, or the insides of glass paneled cupboards or even the outside of drawers unpainted to keep the wooden look and compliment the painted surface. In this way, you can leave a unique and personal touch to the kitchen every time you will like a change
• Easily available material
Most wood kitchens use material pine, oak, maple for dark hues and solid wood kitchens use mahogany, walnut and cherry. While the maple wood is a great choice for discoloration or pieces of art due to its grainy finish, it gives a clean appearance when used. It also lasts longer compared to other softer woods. Cherry wood is a bit more costly but it is a beautiful and elegant choice. Due to its grain, it makes it ideal for stains.
• High level of protection
While most modern wood kitchens use mineral oil or tung oil as finishing, it also offers a layer of protection. Any staining that occurs can be removed with a moist cloth. Some persistent stains, scratches and scars can be removed with a little sanding; with a new coat of finish sealing it in. and that is not the only protection it offers. Scientific studies have shown that wooden surfaces are less prone to growth of bacteria than other surfaces. That is because most of the wood still retains its bactericide properties that wood chemical structures strongly exhibit. Thus there is no need to disinfect the surface of the wood kitchens regularly.
About the Author:
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent German kitchen designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of solid wood kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja