ALL >> Education >> View Article
Ethical Code Of Conduct For Engineers
Total Articles: 7
Engineering as a profession is not just creating technologically advanced things; but also about upholding the most important ethical conduct. The Professional Engineers are responsible for the end product that they create for the society. There are some agreed set of behavioral and social obligation that needs to be carried in their work life. The Fundamental of Engineering covers these basic ethics which shapes a engineers code of conduct as a Professional.
Committed to Serving the Society
An Engineer is first and foremost committed to the welfare of the society. Whatever end product he/she might have created it should keep the welfare of the society in mind. During the course of his/her work requirement, they might have to supervise many documents for various processes of the creation of the end product. He/She should ensure that the sign and seal is provided only for the most water-tight error-free document. The Fundamentals of Engineering Exam has queries on the issues of Ethics in its general section of the exam.
Above Board Professional Practices
An Engineer should ensure that all activities connected with Engineering is above board and honest. The expected code of conduct from an Engineer is to always keep their professional unblemished with any sullying underhand activities.
Safety and Workplace Quality
As a responsible Project head of engineering activities it becomes essential that the workplace safety and quality is maintained at the prescribed level. The Engineer should ensure that the safety precaution carried out to ensure the safety of the workers are on par with the current standards.
Maintaining Accurate and Complete Records
One of the important tasks is to maintain records which are accurate and precise without any erroneous entries. The Engineer should ensure that all data connected with the Engineering project is correct and are validated to confirm its authenticity.
Abstinence from Bribe
The ethical code also calls for Engineers to abstain from taking any for bribe in the fashion of monetary or material benefits. The Engineers must ensure that their Engineering practice is not corrupt with unethical actions.
Maintenance of Confidentiality
Among the ethical code, confidentiality of sensitive information is most important. Engineers are responsible to ensure that the vital information connected with the Engineering project remain confidential and within the organization where they work.
There might be a moment when an Engineer becomes aware of improper or hazardous step taken by the Organization in a project. If the carrying out of that particular move would result in large scale distress to Society at large then the Engineer could disclose the information to relevant authorities. When an Engineer report suspected wrongdoing at work and disclosing it publically is called Whistle Blowing. Fundamentals of Engineering Exam Prep covers topics on ethical code of conduct for Engineers.
Education Articles1. Can You Earn Your Pennsylvania Real Estate License Online?
Author: Edmund Brunetti
2. Artificial Intelligence: The Next Big Thing Is Already Here
3. Why Sap Mm Become The Backbone Of Business?
Author: Vaisakh Bharaz
4. Glimpse Of The Benefits Of Security Training Program
5. Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Lawyer?
Author: Sukanta Singha
6. Essential Factors That Can Help You To Choose A Good Tuition Centre
Author: Hayden Bowden
7. Systematic Planning And Assistance Provided By Study Abroad Consultants
Author: Tyler Conley
8. Best Digital Marketing Training Institute In Chandigarh Mohali Panchkula.
9. Ias Coaching In Lucknow To Help The Candidates Prepare For The Most Prized Job
10. Delhi Is Fun- Seeing Delhi With Your Toddler
Author: Nitn Saini
11. How To Prepare And Crack Clat - Law Entrance Exam 2018
12. How Good Is Snap As An Mba Entrance Examination?
Author: Mohan Patil
13. Top Reasons Why Children Refuse To Go To School
Author: Ogburn Online School
14. Junit Annotations In Selenium Web Driver
Author: Siyaram Ray
15. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Chandigarh Mohali India.