ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Sportier 2014 Buick Regal
Total Articles: 4
Many changes have been introduced in the 2014 Buick Regal. The current Regal comes with a 4-cylinder turbocharged 259-horsepower engine which is much better than the turbo 222-horsepower engine from last year. The fuel economy has improved a lot. While the eAssist 4-cylinder 2.4L is optionally available, the 4-cylinder turbo 270-horsepower is discontinued in GS Trim. Apart from this, there are certain tweaks in looks and design of the vehicle, including the optional all-wheel drive feature for turbo Regal.
• Exterior Design – 2014 Buick Regal is available in GS Trim, Premium I and II, and base. The base has alloy wheels of 18”, rearview mirror with auto-dimming, steering wheel with tilt and telescope, rear seats with split folding, passenger seat with height adjustments, 8 way drive seat, front seats that are heated, upholstery in leather, automatic dual zone climate control, cruise control, heated mirrors, double outlets for exhaust, fog lights and all the other normal features that a medium sized luxury sedan can be expected to have.
With Premium I, 120 volt power outlet, 8 way passenger seat, heated steering wheel, remote start and keyless ignition are added features. Premium II has all the features of Premium I plus Bose 9-speaker audio system, navigation system, side airbags for the rear seats and xenon headlights.
The GS includes wheels of 19” (optional 20”), sport wheel with three spokes, sportier front seats, configurable and upgraded information display, rear spoiler, rocker panels, front Brembo brakes, parking sensors for the front, drive modes that are adjustable, and suspension that is sport tuned and has adaptive dampers.
• Performance – The 2014 Buick Regal has the previously mentioned 4-cylinder turbocharged 259-horsepower engine with 295lb. ft. torque. Unless GS is chosen, the automatic transmission with 6 speeds is mandatory unlike the all-wheel optional drive. The acceleration is about 60mph that was reached in 7.2 seconds which is pretty neat and impressive for a luxury sedan at entry level. As per the EPA, the Regal (turbocharged) is rated at 24 mpg with automatic and front wheel, 22 mpg with AWD combined and 24 mpg for GS front drive with manual combined.
• Safety – The standard specs for safety are all there in 2014 Buick Regal including rear side airbags on GS and Premium II, side curtain full length airbags, side impact front seat airbags, stability control and disc brakes with antilock. The standard system also has remote door lock, locator for stolen vehicle, emergency button, roadside assistance on-demand, and crash notification on automatic. In brake testing, it was revealed that from about 60 mph, Regal Turbo came to a smooth halt in 118 feet which, as compared to other cars in the same class, is shorter. With the optional 20” summer tires, the stop was even shorter (113 feet). Government crash tests gave the car 5 star rating with 5 stars for safety in side impact and 4 stars for safety during frontal impact. It was rated ‘good’ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
• Interiors and Special Features – The button clutter in the dashboard has been reduced and the quality of materials, even though not exactly luxury grade, is still satisfactory. The front seats are supportive and snug with little wiggle rooms and the backseat is surprisingly cramped. The 8” touchscreen has IntelliLink infotainment system with voice commands, swipe commands and better graphics plus radio compatibility with Pandora. The responses of the touch screen are occasionally slow. The trunk is 14.2 cubic feet in measurement and is quite narrow.
The older GS Regal with low volume offered performance and power but now, the new sportier 2014 Buick Regal has added spunk. The turbo engine, despite its low mpg ratings, offers great value and is loved by shoppers. The acceleration is terrific even though 4-cylinders do not have a lot of refinement. The optional 4-wheel drive is another plus which, along with the precise and light steering, and quiet and smooth ride, makes Buick 2014 Regal a reliable car with many interesting features and ideal for people who are looking for a mid-size sedan.
Simpson Buick GMC of Buena Park is your Orange, CA area Buick GMC dealer. We offer a large inventory of new Buick and GMC vehicles, as well as used cars, trucks and SUVs. If you are searching for cars using the keywords GMC dealer Orange or Orange area Buick dealers, visit our dealership today!
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai