ALL >> Art >> View Article
On Becoming A Comic Illustration Artist
Total Articles: 20
Your memories growing up include being into crazy about anything and everything comics. You are also as passionate when it comes to drawing. You follow and collect comic book stories and characters. You know all about Superman, Batman, X-Men and all DC Comics characters. From there, you may even have created your own comic story and characters and drew them yourself.
They say the secret to success is to follow your passion. Some people are lucky because they get to live up their childhood dreams by doing so. This is the case for a comic illustration artist.
Now, you bring to life all that you have imagined as a child. Work is child's play for you and so you think.
What does the job entail?
Being a comic illustration artist is not all about play. It is a fun, cool job but it also entails a lot of hard work. Making a comic book is usually not a one person job but a collaborative team effort among other talented artists. As a comic illustration artist, your job is to bring to life a story through drawing or illustrating. You will be in charge of drawing by pencil or by ink or by coloring. If you are new to the job, you may have other artists work with you for these tasks. As you go up the ranks, you can be in charge of everything including writing the story and being a good storyteller. You can also be in charge of overseeing how the tasks are carried out.
How to become a comic illustration artist
• Study. It is not a requirement that you finish an arts course to become a comic illustration artist. But even the very successful ones believe that going to school for it has a lot of advantages. Being talented is a good start but going to school will give you a good foundation and understanding of what the job is all about. Learning the basics well and good is an important part of the artistic journey. School and its teachings will hone your innate skills to become a better artist. Education is something that will never taken away from you.
• Self-study. For those who want to do it on their own, it is also an option. There is a wealth of information around in books and in the internet that you can basically teach yourself to become a comic illustration artist. This option will take a lot of discipline and perseverance but nonetheless doable if you really want it bad.
• Put your work out there. Whether you went to school or self-taught, the most important part is to be able to showcase your work and be noticed. Remember that there are so many other artists competing with you and you need to stand out from the rest. There are venues on the internet where you can show your works to prospective employers who will give you that break that you are waiting for.
We represent 54 of the world's finest comic artists uk specializing in funny and comic book style work. Get in touch with our professional agents dedicated to find the perfect illustrator for your needs
Art Articles1. Noise In Your Photos In Photographers
Author: vinit kala
2. Hand Reading Astrology Course For You
Author: Aashish Patidar
3. Investing With The Gauteng Wedding Photographer Is Always An Ideal Option!
Author: William Smith
4. Give A Meaning To The Walls With Large Canvas Paintings For Sale
Author: Fletcher Plummer
5. Impressive Edible Letters With Edible Cartridge And Printer
Author: Tony Blames
6. Dinkar Jadhav: Journey Of A Painter To An Artist Of Energetic Nature
Author: Renuka Sharma
7. Six Signs You Are In The Precise Tattoo Studio In Miami
Author: alex 12
8. Buy Art Online
9. Affordable Paintings In Uae
10. Paintings In Dubai
11. Landscape Paintings
12. Online Art Dubai
13. Increase Your Efficiency For The Elegance Of Encircle
Author: VayerArt Gallery
14. Several Types Of Banners And The Advantages Of Using Them
Author: Alex Dawson
15. Don't Waste Time! 8 Facts Until You Reach Your Tattoos Design
Author: Romey ramshey