ALL >> Business >> View Article
Things To See And Do In Kansas City
Total Articles: 12
Whoever said Kansas City is boring has probably never visited the place or probably has a very different meaning for the word. There are plenty of things to do and places to visit here. Here’s a list of some of the interesting activities:
Get Set for a Barbecue Bonanza:
Kansas City has the best barbecue in the world! That is why perhaps they organize the great American Royal World Series of Barbecue every year on the first weekend of October. More than 500 teams participate in the event that’s usually help in the city’s old stockyards. Some of the popular barbecue joints here include Oklahoma Joe’s, Arthur Bryant’s and LC’s Bar-B-Q. Arthur Bryant’s restaurant received cult status when Presidents and Hollywood celebrities stopped by to sample Arthur’s slow roasted ribs with his trademark BBQ sauce. Oklahoma Joe’s was once proclaimed by Anthony Bourdain himself to be one of the best places to eat before you die! Burnt ends are also a favorite in Kansas City.
Like barbecue, jazz wasn’t born in Kansas City, but it is more popular here than anywhere else. In fact, we now have the Kansas City jazz, a popular style developed in the city. The jazz district is at 18th and Vine Sts has an amazing collection that includes listening stations, vintage posters and Louis Armstrong’s trumpet. To listen to live jazz, one has to simply hop in to The Blue Room, a club where locals play for free on Mondays and Thursdays.
Kansas City is probably America’s City of Fountains with more than 200 fountains. Fountains can be found everywhere in this city. While some are simple and elegant, others are elaborate and classic. In fact, the second Tuesday of every April is celebrated as Fountain Day when all of the city’s public fountains are turned on. It’s a common activity for children here to take pictures of fountains whenever they find one and keep track of how many they’ve seen.
From the National War Memorial Museum to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum and the American Jazz Museum, there are plenty of museums in the city. The National War Memorial Museum is the official World War I memorial and includes artifacts related to the war.
The Country Club Plaza is one of America’s finest shopping districts. The place was opened in 1923 and occupies more than 55 acres of land with thousands of shops. It is also famous for its light display that is put up on Thanksgiving and lasts until mid-January of the following year.
Business Articles1. Eglobedata Released Most Accurate Real Estate Industry Email List And Build New Revenue Streams
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Switch To Pharmacists Email List For Getting Cost Effective And Good Return
Author: Andrew Rayel
3. Explore An Opportunity For New Business Prospects With Business Development Executives Email Lists
Author: Charles Daniel
4. Ideal Instrument Services Are The Leading Dealer And Distributor Of Mitutoyo Products In Pune
Author: biz porto
5. Landed House Exterior Contractor – A Preferred Landed Property Renovation Contractor Singapore Can S
Author: James Han
6. Why You May Need A Photobooth On Your Big Day
7. Carpet Styles
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc.
8. Trade Show Display Rental- All You Require For Incredible Brand Value
Author: Daniel Wilson
9. Scada Free – Access Data From Remote Location Easily With The Help Of Web Scada !
Author: Archer Finch
10. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
11. Documentation Of Employee Discussions Is All Important
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog
Author: Unknown Member
13. Best Scar Removal Creams
14. Why Should You Hire Huntington Beach Dry Cleansing Service Provider?
Author: Robert Paul
15. Rajasthan College Of Engineering For Women
Author: Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women