ALL >> Business >> View Article
Things To See And Do In Kansas City
Total Articles: 13
Whoever said Kansas City is boring has probably never visited the place or probably has a very different meaning for the word. There are plenty of things to do and places to visit here. Here’s a list of some of the interesting activities:
Get Set for a Barbecue Bonanza:
Kansas City has the best barbecue in the world! That is why perhaps they organize the great American Royal World Series of Barbecue every year on the first weekend of October. More than 500 teams participate in the event that’s usually help in the city’s old stockyards. Some of the popular barbecue joints here include Oklahoma Joe’s, Arthur Bryant’s and LC’s Bar-B-Q. Arthur Bryant’s restaurant received cult status when Presidents and Hollywood celebrities stopped by to sample Arthur’s slow roasted ribs with his trademark BBQ sauce. Oklahoma Joe’s was once proclaimed by Anthony Bourdain himself to be one of the best places to eat before you die! Burnt ends are also a favorite in Kansas City.
Like barbecue, jazz wasn’t born in Kansas City, but it is more popular here than anywhere else. In fact, we now have the Kansas City jazz, a popular style developed in the city. The jazz district is at 18th and Vine Sts has an amazing collection that includes listening stations, vintage posters and Louis Armstrong’s trumpet. To listen to live jazz, one has to simply hop in to The Blue Room, a club where locals play for free on Mondays and Thursdays.
Kansas City is probably America’s City of Fountains with more than 200 fountains. Fountains can be found everywhere in this city. While some are simple and elegant, others are elaborate and classic. In fact, the second Tuesday of every April is celebrated as Fountain Day when all of the city’s public fountains are turned on. It’s a common activity for children here to take pictures of fountains whenever they find one and keep track of how many they’ve seen.
From the National War Memorial Museum to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum and the American Jazz Museum, there are plenty of museums in the city. The National War Memorial Museum is the official World War I memorial and includes artifacts related to the war.
The Country Club Plaza is one of America’s finest shopping districts. The place was opened in 1923 and occupies more than 55 acres of land with thousands of shops. It is also famous for its light display that is put up on Thanksgiving and lasts until mid-January of the following year.
Business Articles1. Voluntary Administration Experts Help You Navigate Through The Financial Crisis
Author: Thomas Dawson
2. Trash Tips For Consumers
Author: Kevin Smith
3. Bulk Sms Service - Bulk Sms Provider
4. Wise Upgrade For Ip Surveillance Networks
Author: Argus Filch
5. Private Limited Company Registration
6. Learn How To Design Your Business Card Easily And Effectively
7. How About The Magnesium Oxide Used For Thermal Conducting Filler?
Author: hu Allen
8. How To Properly Ventilate Your Home Until The Smoke Cleaning Services In Canton Arrive
Author: Kevin Smith
9. Top 5 Benefits Of Buying New Office Furniture
Author: Iron Age Office
10. How To Get Accolades For Arranging A Well-managed Corporate Event?
Author: Manish Singh Khatri
11. Exclusive Online Resource For No Guarantor Bad Credit Loans
Author: Andrew Edmonds
12. Silk Laminated Business Cards And Next Day Business Card Printing
Author: Vikram Kumar
13. Professional Home Builders Can Offer The Best Home Buying Experience According To Your Preferences
14. Reasons To Hire An Marketing Company In Chicago
Author: Emilie Nicolas is the author of this article.
15. Installing The Correct Floor And Light Panels Australia For Your Home
Author: Reza Rahnamaei