ALL >> Business >> View Article
Things To Do In Kansas City
Total Articles: 12
There are plenty of fun activities to explore and places to visit in Kansas City. If you are new to the place and planning to have fun the Kansas Citian way, here’s a list of things to do just like the locals;
a) Visit the Country Club Plaza on Thanksgiving Day: Visiting the “Plahzah” is by far the most popular activity for a local Kansas Citian. But Thanksgiving Day is extra special here thanks to an 85 year old ceremony where thousands of glimmering lights cover every nook and cranny of this huge shopping district. From the time, this tradition started in 1930, the Plaza lights were not operated only once in 1973 when President Nixon asked America to avoid wasting electricity and reduce American oil imports.
b) Visit Berlin and Nikita: These are our local celebrities at the Kansas City Zoo and part of the Polar Bear exhibit. The Zoo occupies around 200 acres of land in the city and accommodates more than 1000 exotic and endangered animals. It takes almost a day to explore the place, especially if you are visiting the place with the family or love animals. Don’t miss the shows, especially the bird show which is a delight to watch.
c) Visit The Nelson: The Nelson- Atkins Museum of Art hosts the original works of thousands of artists including Rembrandt, Monet, Van Gogh and Alfred Jensen. The photographic collection includes more than 7,500 pictures of photographers such as Mathew Brody and Diane Arbus. The many monstrous shuttlecocks placed around the museum grounds certainly provide a great photo-op.
d) Visit the Farmer’s Market: A lot of Kansas City restaurants take pride in their fresh from farm to table menu. There are several farmers’ markets in and around the city where locals love to shop for fresh veggies, fresh meat, poultry, herbs, cheese and baked goodies. Some of the popular ones include the Bad Seed Market, Brookside Farmers’ Market and the City Market.
e) Visit the Bryant’s: Bryant’s Barbecue at 1727 Brooklyn Avenue was the first of the several locations that now dot the city. Famous people from Presidents like Jimmy Carter and Harry Truman, to celebrities like Stephen Spielberg and Jack Nicholson have visited the place.
f) Visit the Money Museum: The Money Museum is a great place to visit and learn about the history of different types of currencies. There are several interactive exhibits; you can even learn to design your own currency with your photo on the dollar note.
The author has an immense knowledge on family things to do in kansas city. Know more about kansas city restaurants, kansas city shopping related info in his website.
Business Articles1. Household Shifting Services In Bangalore Mumbai Unionpackers
2. How Can You Lower Your Lcl Sea Freight Costs?
3. How To Keep Yourself Safe While Working At Heights
4. Opportunities For The Global Gallium Arsenide Wafer Market To Reach $1.3 Billion By 2023
5. Floral Arrangement For The Perfect Summer Wedding
Author: John Miller
6. 5 Reasons Why Your Website Need Mobile App Development
Author: Anshul Sharma
7. A Gift For Planning Your Event
8. Why Is A Good Night Sleep Essential?
Author: Lewis Carroll
9. Sterlite Copper - The Journey Through Controversies
Author: Alanna Alberto
10. Enhancing Your Business Sales Using Wordpress
11. With Proper Training And Certificates, One Can Become An Expert Risk Manager
Author: George Hoover
12. Anand Enterprises
Author: Anand Enterprises
13. A Good Adwords Agency Is Things You Will Need For The Company!
Author: Magdalene Munter
14. Top Advantages Of Asphalt Seal Coating In Ontario
Author: Vadim Muravyev
15. Take Your Travel Experience Into Another Level By Exploring The Best Location Of India