ALL >> Business >> View Article
Things To Do In Kansas City
Total Articles: 13
There are plenty of fun activities to explore and places to visit in Kansas City. If you are new to the place and planning to have fun the Kansas Citian way, here’s a list of things to do just like the locals;
a) Visit the Country Club Plaza on Thanksgiving Day: Visiting the “Plahzah” is by far the most popular activity for a local Kansas Citian. But Thanksgiving Day is extra special here thanks to an 85 year old ceremony where thousands of glimmering lights cover every nook and cranny of this huge shopping district. From the time, this tradition started in 1930, the Plaza lights were not operated only once in 1973 when President Nixon asked America to avoid wasting electricity and reduce American oil imports.
b) Visit Berlin and Nikita: These are our local celebrities at the Kansas City Zoo and part of the Polar Bear exhibit. The Zoo occupies around 200 acres of land in the city and accommodates more than 1000 exotic and endangered animals. It takes almost a day to explore the place, especially if you are visiting the place with the family or love animals. Don’t miss the shows, especially the bird show which is a delight to watch.
c) Visit The Nelson: The Nelson- Atkins Museum of Art hosts the original works of thousands of artists including Rembrandt, Monet, Van Gogh and Alfred Jensen. The photographic collection includes more than 7,500 pictures of photographers such as Mathew Brody and Diane Arbus. The many monstrous shuttlecocks placed around the museum grounds certainly provide a great photo-op.
d) Visit the Farmer’s Market: A lot of Kansas City restaurants take pride in their fresh from farm to table menu. There are several farmers’ markets in and around the city where locals love to shop for fresh veggies, fresh meat, poultry, herbs, cheese and baked goodies. Some of the popular ones include the Bad Seed Market, Brookside Farmers’ Market and the City Market.
e) Visit the Bryant’s: Bryant’s Barbecue at 1727 Brooklyn Avenue was the first of the several locations that now dot the city. Famous people from Presidents like Jimmy Carter and Harry Truman, to celebrities like Stephen Spielberg and Jack Nicholson have visited the place.
f) Visit the Money Museum: The Money Museum is a great place to visit and learn about the history of different types of currencies. There are several interactive exhibits; you can even learn to design your own currency with your photo on the dollar note.
The author has an immense knowledge on family things to do in kansas city. Know more about kansas city restaurants, kansas city shopping related info in his website.
Business Articles1. Retrofit Height Adjustable Desk
2. Bring In Professional Experts To Rule Out The Adverse Effects Of Fire Damage
Author: Ethan Lewis
3. Mp Breaking News –easily Know The Every Single Movement Happening Around Mp
4. Carbonated Soft Drink
5. Get The High Quality Patio That Will Make You Happy And Satisfied
Author: Carol Belanger
6. Get The Fitted Wardrobe That Will Make You Happiest In Your Room
Author: Kevin Gasser
7. Get The Right Training Room For Your Important Event
Author: Singapore training
8. Learn How To Get A Carport That Suits Your Needs
Author: Adam Greger
9. Contact Professional Company For Best Retaining Walls Adelaide Solutions
10. Choose Banc De Binary Broker For Opening An Account In Binary Options Trading Market
11. Medicos Venezolanos Para Trabajar En Ecuador, Foro Ecuador
12. Taking Care Of Your Floors During The Winter
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc. is a family owned and operated establishment. Barry Silverstein has over 38 y
13. Phen375 Vs Phenq Fat Burning Diet Pills Reviews Shocking Comparison Facts
14. Let’s Understand Real Estate Regulations Act [rera]
Author: Aksha Group
15. Various Benefits Of Using Silver Coated Copper Wires For Industrial Applications
Author: Nitin Pratap Singh.