ALL >> Business >> View Article
8 Things That You Probably Didn’t Know About Kansas City
Total Articles: 13
Kansas City isn’t only about the jazz and blues or barbecues. There are so many things about KC that outsiders probably do not know. Here’s our list of a few of them;
a) The ‘bark’ is more popular here than the barbecue: We love barbecue, but there’s something more drool-worthy. The barbecued meat that’s cut from the edges of a brisket is seasoned and re-smoked to make perfect burnt ends aka ‘the bark’. The chewier the bark, the better is its taste! In fact, we love our burnt ends so much that there’s a BBQ joint dedicated to them in Overland Park.
b) Berlin is in Kansas City: Well, not if you think of it as a German city! But Berlin and Nikita are the names of two polar bears at the Kansas City Zoo. This zoo covers more than 200 acres of land and hosts more than a 1000 animals.
c) Happy hours were illegal until 2012- Alcohol laws in Kansas City are some of the strictest in the United States. In fact, until the alcohol prohibition law was changed, bars were not allowed to offer drink specials to certain demographic groups like women, retirees, or members of fraternities. It is common for Kansas residents to work in the city and go to Missouri for a drink.
d) Air raid sirens are still in use here: The cold war is long over, but air raid sirens continue to blare to warn about twisters. Unless they’re new to the city, people are not bothered by the sound and they continue with business as usual.
e) This is the best place for a pizza: Kansas City pizzas were chosen as the best in America by the Travel and Leisure magazine. Pizzabella, Minsky’s and Kelso’s are some of the local favorites.
f) Kansas City is THE soccer capital in the country: Soccer is an important part of the local sports scene thanks to local teams like the Sporting Kansas City. We also have some of the best facilities in the country for soccer.
g) This is the City of Fountains: KC has more fountains than anywhere else in the US. We also celebrate Fountain Day every April when all the fountains in the city are turned on.
h) Kansas City, North and North Kansas City are two different places: North Kansas City or Northtown is a small city on the north of the Heart of America Bridge, while Kansas City, North or Northland refers to any part of KC that’s to the north of the Missouri river.
Business Articles1. Voluntary Administration Experts Help You Navigate Through The Financial Crisis
Author: Thomas Dawson
2. Trash Tips For Consumers
Author: Kevin Smith
3. Bulk Sms Service - Bulk Sms Provider
4. Wise Upgrade For Ip Surveillance Networks
Author: Argus Filch
5. Private Limited Company Registration
6. Learn How To Design Your Business Card Easily And Effectively
7. How About The Magnesium Oxide Used For Thermal Conducting Filler?
Author: hu Allen
8. How To Properly Ventilate Your Home Until The Smoke Cleaning Services In Canton Arrive
Author: Kevin Smith
9. Top 5 Benefits Of Buying New Office Furniture
Author: Iron Age Office
10. How To Get Accolades For Arranging A Well-managed Corporate Event?
Author: Manish Singh Khatri
11. Exclusive Online Resource For No Guarantor Bad Credit Loans
Author: Andrew Edmonds
12. Silk Laminated Business Cards And Next Day Business Card Printing
Author: Vikram Kumar
13. Professional Home Builders Can Offer The Best Home Buying Experience According To Your Preferences
14. Reasons To Hire An Marketing Company In Chicago
Author: Emilie Nicolas is the author of this article.
15. Installing The Correct Floor And Light Panels Australia For Your Home
Author: Reza Rahnamaei