ALL >> Business >> View Article
8 Things That You Probably Didn’t Know About Kansas City
Total Articles: 12
Kansas City isn’t only about the jazz and blues or barbecues. There are so many things about KC that outsiders probably do not know. Here’s our list of a few of them;
a) The ‘bark’ is more popular here than the barbecue: We love barbecue, but there’s something more drool-worthy. The barbecued meat that’s cut from the edges of a brisket is seasoned and re-smoked to make perfect burnt ends aka ‘the bark’. The chewier the bark, the better is its taste! In fact, we love our burnt ends so much that there’s a BBQ joint dedicated to them in Overland Park.
b) Berlin is in Kansas City: Well, not if you think of it as a German city! But Berlin and Nikita are the names of two polar bears at the Kansas City Zoo. This zoo covers more than 200 acres of land and hosts more than a 1000 animals.
c) Happy hours were illegal until 2012- Alcohol laws in Kansas City are some of the strictest in the United States. In fact, until the alcohol prohibition law was changed, bars were not allowed to offer drink specials to certain demographic groups like women, retirees, or members of fraternities. It is common for Kansas residents to work in the city and go to Missouri for a drink.
d) Air raid sirens are still in use here: The cold war is long over, but air raid sirens continue to blare to warn about twisters. Unless they’re new to the city, people are not bothered by the sound and they continue with business as usual.
e) This is the best place for a pizza: Kansas City pizzas were chosen as the best in America by the Travel and Leisure magazine. Pizzabella, Minsky’s and Kelso’s are some of the local favorites.
f) Kansas City is THE soccer capital in the country: Soccer is an important part of the local sports scene thanks to local teams like the Sporting Kansas City. We also have some of the best facilities in the country for soccer.
g) This is the City of Fountains: KC has more fountains than anywhere else in the US. We also celebrate Fountain Day every April when all the fountains in the city are turned on.
h) Kansas City, North and North Kansas City are two different places: North Kansas City or Northtown is a small city on the north of the Heart of America Bridge, while Kansas City, North or Northland refers to any part of KC that’s to the north of the Missouri river.
Business Articles1. Some Facts About Event Planning
2. Why Should I Hire An Event Planner?
3. Why Should I Hire An Event Planning Agency For Corporate Events?
4. Render A Successful Event With The Right Event Planning Agency
5. Event Management Agency – To Manage Events Successfully
6. Denis Vincent - Le Parcours Extraordinaire D'un Homme Ordinaire
Author: Denis Vincent
7. Rising Damp Treatment For Your House – Who To Choose And How
Author: George Dean
8. Certified Packers And Movers In Gurgaon
Author: gajendra singh
9. Benefits Of Using Pressure Washing Services
Author: Anu Radha
10. Understanding Payroll Fraud And Preventing It
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
11. Glow Art Board Add A Touch Of Glow To Your Art
Author: baby gander
12. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Author: Ross Barkely
13. Importance Of Recycling The Waste Water
Author: Manoj Shukla
14. Mold Removal Toronto With The Best Package Of All Time
Author: jacob fairley
15. Find Property For Rent
Author: Find Property For Rent