ALL >> General >> View Article
Honda, A Highway Safety Hero - Advocates For Highway & Auto Safety For Advancing Pedestrian Safety
Total Articles: 4
Choosing a good car can be very difficult today with so many makes and models on the market. Whether you’re looking for a car to get you to work every day or a reliable one for your college student, safety is going to be very important. This is why it’s vital to check the safety ratings of any car you may be considering.
Honda, for instance, has recently been recognized by the Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety for Advancing Pedestrian Safety as a “Highway Safety Hero”. Honda was the only company to receive this honor in 2014. Although the application of rearview cameras as standard equipment has played a major role in Honda earning this prestigious honor, there are other safety features used in Honda cars that also tipped the ball in Honda’s favor. The Highway Safety Hero Award is one of many awards and recognitions Honda has received for their commitment to safety. To Honda, safety has always and continues to come first.
All these features are part of Honda’s “Safety for Everyone” policy, which was implemented to not only keep drivers and passengers safe but pedestrians as well. Continue reading to learn about the rear-view cameras and various other features that have contributed to Honda earning the Honda Safety recognition.
• Rearview Cameras – Of all the Honda’s and Acura’s sold in the U.S. in 2013, more than 94% had rear-view cameras installed. No other automobile manufacturer had as many vehicles with this feature in 2014. The purpose of these cameras is to improve driver’s visibility and make them more aware of unexpected situations that could result in accidents. In 2015, these cameras will be considered standard equipment.
• Collapsible Hood Hinges – This feature is aimed at preventing injuries to pedestrians from getting struck by the front of the vehicle. Its main purpose was to prevent serious head injuries to pedestrians.
• Breakaway Windshield Wiper Pivots – These were also designed to prevent serious head injuries, which play a factor in about 60% of pedestrian fatalities. The mounting bracket automatically breaks away from the grommet in the case of a collision to avoid injury to pedestrians.
• Forward Collision Warning – This safety feature has a camera located behind the windshield to alert drivers of a possible collision in front of them. If it detects a collision in front of the car, it gives the driver both visual and audio alerts.
• Lane Departure Warning – By using a front mount radar system, this technological advancement alerts drivers if the vehicle is switching lanes. It does this via a camera installed on the upper front windshield. By visually watching the lanes on the road, the system sends out an alert if the driver is switching to another lane without using turn signals.
• Lane Watch Display™ – This feature involves having a camera mounted on the passenger-side mirror to catch real images of the driver’s right-side blind spot. The images show up on an 8-inch colored dashboard display. The image shows up when the button on the turn signal is pressed or upon activation of the right turn signal. This feature has earned Honda the Good Housekeeping “Very Innovative Products" Award in 2013.
Honda has long been a leader in technological advances designed to prevent injuries and promote safety. Another interesting fact about Honda is that they are an industry leader in terms of crash test ratings in 2014. Honda also has more models rated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety as Top Safety Picks than any other automobile manufacturer.
Mistlin Honda in Modesto is your full-service Honda dealership, providing new and preowned Honda cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. Our factory-trained service technicians have the latest information to keep your vehicle running at peak performance. If you are searching for Honda dealers in Modesto using the keywords Honda dealers in Tracy CA or Honda dealer near me, visit our dealership today.
General Articles1. How I Franchise My Business? - Get The Question Answered
Author: Franchising Consultants
2. The Sales And Production Of Magnesium Oxide
Author: hu Allen
3. How To Find The Right Bridesmaid Dresses For Your Wedding
4. The Importance Of A Data Recovery Process
Author: Sandra White
5. Choosing Best Wedding Flowers
Author: Green Carlos
6. Designer Commercial Flooring Adds Grace To Perfect Ambience
Author: Melissa Mercks
7. Cheap Bulk Sms Service Provider In Ahmedabad
8. Benefits Of Using Ball Pens Over Other Regular Pens
9. The Inspiration For Your Designs Part - Iii
10. Basic Things To Know Before Joining Sturgis Motorcycle Rallies
Author: Jeffrey Ween
11. The Inspiration For Your Designs Part - Ii
12. The Inspiration For Your Designs Part - I
13. Kasauli – The Land Of Old-world Charm
Author: JNR Globetrotters Pvt. Ltd.
14. Does Sparing The Rod Really Spoil The Child?
Author: Juhi Bansal
15. How To Choose The Right Trekking Agency In Nepal
Author: Sudip Shahi