ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
How To Open A Bank Account In Australia?
Total Articles: 3
One always needs a bank account; you cannot exactly store your money in jars and bottles expecting it to stay safe. On the plus side, banks will even give you interest. Though the amount of interest is little, something is always better than nothing and you have a variety of options to choose from too. Opening an account in Australia is not a hard task.
Whether you are coming to work or study or if you are shifting here, quite a few banks will even let you open an account before your arrival. They make it very simple for you and you can open your account by visiting a branch or by completing the required steps online. It saves time and gives you what you require. You simply have to choose what type of an account you need, whether it is a term deposit or a savings account. You can find the list of national banks of Australia here.
Reading their service guide will help get you better information. A few things you may need are some documents as an identification proof, like a birth certificate, passport or even a driver’s license should do. Also, you need to provide your tax file number. It is not really essential but it will be beneficial for you and they will charge you less. An eligibility proof may be needed if you are a student or a pensioner.
Also, if you open one online, you may need to print the documents and send it to the bank after signing it. Most banks only activate the account when the hard copy is received. If you are doing it in person, the banker may take photocopies of your documents and keep them.
One should know what they are getting into as you are signing a contract here. So it will be wise to read through the terms and conditions before agreeing to them. Also read all the information related to how much they will charge you and the product features. Completing the application form will roughly take about ten minutes. Some banks may need to verify your identification details before activating the account.
You then need to get your application form processed if you have done it online. Once the bank receives it, usually five to ten business days will be taken to receive all your information and verify them. If you happen to be an existing customer, it will probably take lesser time for you. Doing it online is more preferable if you have a busy schedule and cannot afford to lose out on the business hours.
If you do it online you can open one at any hour of the day according to your own convenience. Plus, after the account is activated you can call them up and apply for net banking services that come very handy nowadays. If you know what to expect, the entire process gets less confusing.
About Author :
John Richards is a personal finance blogger and chief editor of finance guest post Community who has many years of experience in writing on articles on stocks, investment, insurances and savings.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Share Market Tips For Investing With Profit Aim Research
Author: Profit Aim
2. When Your Business Cannot Wait For Cash? Just Look For Invoice Factoring Financing To Begin Soaring
Author: Stephen Perl
3. On May 29, 2012, The U.s. Department Of Labor Issued Advisory Opinion 2012-04a.
Author: Terrance Power
4. Download Forex Robots To Make Consistent Profits In The Market
5. Get Assisted To Learn What It Takes To Qualify For No Credit Check Car Loan
Author: Mary Coleman
6. How Loans Allow Bad Credit Borrowers To Overcome Financial Uncertainties?
Author: Sara James
7. Insurance Within Super
8. Accomplish Your Social Security Retirement Benefits With Best Retirement Strategy Planner
9. The Most Important Things You Need To Know Before Choosing A Tax Preparation Or Financial Planning S
Author: Accounting Services
10. Classification Of Forex Bonuses
Author: John Arnold
11. What Are The Different Types Of Emi Calculator Available In The Financial Market?
Author: Neha Sharma
12. Profitable Promotions For Traders
Author: John Arnold
13. Useful Tips To Make Money By Trading For Future
Author: Henry James
14. Private Equity Research – A Basic Need For Investors
15. No Deposit Home Loan – Go For The Low Deposit Option!
Author: Mc Cutcheon