ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Modern Day Sap® Fiori™ Ux
Total Articles: 3
SAP Fiori was released by SAP, targeting the customers of ERP and enhancing their user experience and usability. The new Fiori apps can save both time and money, thereby increasing productivity, improves the employee efficiency and helps in retaining employees.
Let us first understand the concept of User Experience
Let’s just say, you are the user of a product, service, or a system. For it to create a lasting impact, it needs to follow the ’5 E’ rule and be:
Easy to use and learn, Efficient, Effective, Engaging, and Error free. The fast changing world requires companies to constantly be on their toes with regards to their marketability. Hence SAP released the new SAP® Fiori™ UX with 25 apps in May 2013 followed by 200-plus apps in December 2013, with a vision to provide a leading User Experience for business applications.
SAP® Fiori™ Technology:
The technology behind it is SAPUI5 (SAP’s HTML5 + Java Script UI development framework) and NetWeaver Gateway middleware. This enables the Fiori apps to deliver quickly and easily providing value and easy adoption. SAP has found a way to provide both these high end technologies in a single application, and this app arguably is the best of its sort in the market.
Types of SAP Fiori apps:
1. Transactional- Which is task based. (e.g., approving requests by manager)
2. SAP Smart business- Providing insights to Key performance indicators. (e.g., a cash manager monitoring cash flow)
3. Factsheet- For search and explore function. (e.g., a financial controller viewing a cost center)
Skills required for its implementation
Basic requirement would be a SAP basis. In case of demands for making changes to the app, SAPUI5 knowledge and Netweaver Gateway middleware knowledge will be preferred. Knowledge on ABAP will also come in handy.
What are SAP® Fiori™ goals?
It is designed to simplify all the widely and frequently used SAP applications.
• Main idea is to make the UX consistent across devices like desktops and mobiles.
• Gain productivity with ability to be used by workers on the go.
• Increase user adoption by making it simple, based on HTML 5.
• Decrease the error rate by the users, immediately makes it more likeable and hassle free.
SAP has already marketed the use of SAP® Fiori™. And since the launch the application is amassing positive reactions and is already implemented in projects like Barclays, Burberry, Colgate-Palmolive, Nestle, Valero, and Mitsui etc. Fiori UX users stand at an advantage of getting instant access to real-time information for simplified business interactions.
Bill McDermott, CEO and Executive Board Member of SAP said that he wanted all SAP customers to have a simple yet world class user experience. And though initially SAP Fiori was charged, it now is free and included in the SAP Software.
It was a good move by SAP to make SAP Fiori free. This will ensure broader acceptance of the software and allows customers to experience the modern interface and drive in the concept of simplifying the complex applications.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Begin A Business - How Do I Become A Founder?
Author: Deepak Malhan
2. Tp-link M7650 Lte-a Pro Mobile Wifi Hotspot Test
3. Motorola One Power Review: What’s Packed Inside?
4. Efficient Way To Manage The Water Pressure Level
Author: Marcus Presar
5. Have An Effect Of Iot On Mobile Application Development
Author: Karl Parker
6. Why Outsource Wifi Services
7. Take Your Business One Step Ahead With Iot Environmental Sensors
8. The Use Of Technology By Your Students Isn’t A 9 To 5 Activity
Author: Dexter Trey
9. How To Choose The Best Php Web Development Company
Author: Jemit Sanghvi
10. Check Out The Importance Of Digital Vehicle Tracking Devices
Author: Ankit Tiwari
11. Technology In Transport: Rethinking The Trucking Business For Future In India
Author: Nitin Parab
12. How To Pneumatic Systems And Air Cylinders Work?
Author: Deborah Gillis
13. Single Engine Vs. Twin Engine Management Systems In Aircraft - A Comparison Of J.p.i Products
Author: Joseph Polizzotto
14. Implementing Actionable Innovative Data Applications Using Key Technology
Author: James J. Adams
15. 10 Must Have Smartphone Accessories For 2018