ALL >> Technology,-Gadget-and-Science >> View Article
Modern Day Sap® Fiori™ Ux
Total Articles: 3
SAP Fiori was released by SAP, targeting the customers of ERP and enhancing their user experience and usability. The new Fiori apps can save both time and money, thereby increasing productivity, improves the employee efficiency and helps in retaining employees.
Let us first understand the concept of User Experience
Let’s just say, you are the user of a product, service, or a system. For it to create a lasting impact, it needs to follow the ’5 E’ rule and be:
Easy to use and learn, Efficient, Effective, Engaging, and Error free. The fast changing world requires companies to constantly be on their toes with regards to their marketability. Hence SAP released the new SAP® Fiori™ UX with 25 apps in May 2013 followed by 200-plus apps in December 2013, with a vision to provide a leading User Experience for business applications.
SAP® Fiori™ Technology:
The technology behind it is SAPUI5 (SAP’s HTML5 + Java Script UI development framework) and NetWeaver Gateway middleware. This enables the Fiori apps to deliver quickly and easily providing value and easy adoption. SAP has found a way to provide both these high end technologies in a single application, and this app arguably is the best of its sort in the market.
Types of SAP Fiori apps:
1. Transactional- Which is task based. (e.g., approving requests by manager)
2. SAP Smart business- Providing insights to Key performance indicators. (e.g., a cash manager monitoring cash flow)
3. Factsheet- For search and explore function. (e.g., a financial controller viewing a cost center)
Skills required for its implementation
Basic requirement would be a SAP basis. In case of demands for making changes to the app, SAPUI5 knowledge and Netweaver Gateway middleware knowledge will be preferred. Knowledge on ABAP will also come in handy.
What are SAP® Fiori™ goals?
It is designed to simplify all the widely and frequently used SAP applications.
• Main idea is to make the UX consistent across devices like desktops and mobiles.
• Gain productivity with ability to be used by workers on the go.
• Increase user adoption by making it simple, based on HTML 5.
• Decrease the error rate by the users, immediately makes it more likeable and hassle free.
SAP has already marketed the use of SAP® Fiori™. And since the launch the application is amassing positive reactions and is already implemented in projects like Barclays, Burberry, Colgate-Palmolive, Nestle, Valero, and Mitsui etc. Fiori UX users stand at an advantage of getting instant access to real-time information for simplified business interactions.
Bill McDermott, CEO and Executive Board Member of SAP said that he wanted all SAP customers to have a simple yet world class user experience. And though initially SAP Fiori was charged, it now is free and included in the SAP Software.
It was a good move by SAP to make SAP Fiori free. This will ensure broader acceptance of the software and allows customers to experience the modern interface and drive in the concept of simplifying the complex applications.
Technology, Gadget and Science Articles1. Important Qualities Of Storytelling In Vr That Connects With The Users
2. How Cloud Technology Is Driving Hr And Workforce Management
Author: Anish Desai
3. Tips To Make Your Trekking Experience Unforgettable In Your Lifetime
Author: Frolic Adventure
4. Huawei E5885ls-93a Vs Huawei E5788u-96a
5. Fugitive Emissions: How Can You Detect Something You Can't See Or Smell?
6. Global Intermittent Catheter Market Share
7. Odoo Invoice Creation: Things You Must Know
Author: Maulik Shah
8. Rfid - The Ideal Solution For Access Control
Author: Roland Ted
9. Nokia X5 Post Launch Review: Knowing Your Smartphone
Author: amar kayam
10. The 404 Error – How To Detect And Correct It?
11. Global Utility Locator Market Growth
12. Advantages Of Kentico Cms Over Sharepoint
Author: Eldon Broady
13. Comptia Security + Certification; Syo-401 -a Step Towards It Security-
Author: Mike Meyers
14. Global Freight Management System Market Size
Author: Shivani Singh
15. Choose Your Technology Partner
Author: Hvantage Technologies