ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Why Your Web Host May Not Want You To Use A Website Monitoring Service
Total Articles: 499
There are certain things your web host probably doesn't want you to know about. For example, what their actual uptime rate really is, or how much that guarantee they offer is actually worth. Another thing your web host doesn't want is for you to know why it is so important for you to use a quality website monitor to protect the uptime of your site.
What Does Website Monitoring Have to Do With Your Hosting Provider?
All web hosting services experience some amount of downtime. When there is scheduled downtime, your host will usually notify you regarding the issue. However, when unscheduled downtime occurs, you can't be positive that your hosting service will alert you of the problem. This is where a website monitoring service comes into play.
When your site goes down, no matter what the problem may be or whose fault it is, a quality website monitor immediately notifies you of the fact that your site isn't performing properly or is completely offline. If your web host is the reason for the downtime, you'll know about it. Even if the outage happens in the wee hours of the morning when your hosting company thinks you may not notice, your website monitor will alert you. This allows you to see exactly how much downtime your site is experiencing, and if the uptime ratio your hosting provider promised you is actually being provided.
What to Do If Your Website Monitoring Service Keeps Notifying You of Downtime
If your website monitoring service keeps sending you notifications that your site has gone down, you need to get to the bottom of the issue so you can resolve it. It may not be your hosting company's fault. Your site may have outgrown the hosting package you paid for and an upgrade may be in order. If, however, the downtime is the fault of your hosting provider, it may be time to start searching for another company to fulfill your hosting needs. After all, the company may guarantee their uptime by reimbursing you for what you paid for in hosting for the time your site was down, but this refund only equates to a few dollars, if even that. The hosting company will not reimburse you for lost profits or damage to your site's reputation due to the downtime.
If your hosting company has nothing to hide, they won't have any problem with you utilizing the services of a quality website monitor. The not-so-reputable hosting companies, however, do not want you to know just how valuable a website monitoring service truly is.
http://www.alertra.com is a leading provider of website monitoring and alerting services. We monitor the availability and performance of Internet-connected devices. As part of our website monitoring service, we provide timely alert notifications and access to detailed reporting. We offer monitoring service to all sizes of businesses right from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.
Computers Articles1. Why Should You Invest In A Ricoh Duplex Printer?
Author: Ricoh india
2. Microsoft Office 2016 Promo Code Every New Upgrade Makes Your Life Lot Easier
Author: Christine Bleakley
3. The General Reasons Of Data Loss Of A Computer
Author: Alex Stylis
4. Tips On Selecting The Right Customer Relationship Management System
5. Hadoop Big Data Usability Tools And Methods
Author: MindQ Systems
6. The Advantages Of Electronic Batch Invoicing For Business Entities
Author: Jason Legg
7. What Can Microsoft Azure Do?
8. Warning: Google May Close Gmail Service On Your Computer
Author: Paul Smith
9. The Benefits Of Virtual Desktop As A Service
Author: cyber Link
10. Find Professionals For Best Script Design That Enhances Your Business Presence Online
11. Are You Searching For A Computer Repair Shop Near Me To Repair Your Systems?
12. Find Best Templates Hyip From Professionals To Make Your Mark Online
13. Computer Repair Salem Ma Offer Comprehensive Solutions On A Single Platform
14. Private Investigator Milwaukee Helps To Find The Truth Behind Your Suspicion
15. Easy Solutions To Some Common Computer Problems
Author: Best Online Computer Repair, PC Support USA.