ALL » Automobiles >> View Article
Avoiding Air Lock For Better Fis PerformanceBy Expert Author: Stephens H Robertson
The issue of air lock usually occurs while changing the fuel filters, or while performing other maintenance activities of the FIS. Let us take a look at how the issue affects FIS and how it can be prevented.
Affects the overall performance of FIS
When air enters fuel lines, it obstructs the supply of fuel to different parts of FIS; the engine may not get an adequate supply of fuel. Inadequate supply of fuel causes damage to the engine and results in loss of power. This condition could further lead to poor/uneven idle, decreased fuel economy and poor overall performance of the FIS.
Takes a lot of efforts and money to resolve
Air lock is one of the major issues in FIS. As mentioned earlier, the fuel injectors are affected by it, and it is very difficult to remove the air from them. This process not only takes a lot of effort and time, but also costs a lot of money. To avoid the issue in the fuel lines, you can take certain preventive measures. A few of them are mentioned here.
With these few preventive measures, you can avoid air lock. Here are two simple ways to prevent this.
Never run on low fuel levels
One of the major reasons for air lock is running the vehicle on low fuel level. Running on low level for a long period will not only cause the issue, but will also overheat the fuel pump and reduces its life. Therefore, make sure to avoid driving your vehicle at a low fuel level.
Care should be taken while replacing or servicing components of FIS
While fixing or replacing any of the components of FIS, make sure you tighten them well. If any gap is left, it will allow the air to enter the fuel lines, causing air lock. Also, make sure that the fuel is filled first while replacing the fuel filter. Otherwise, air is introduced to FIS and causes the issue.
It is important to avoid air lock because it damages FIS, and results in loss of power, which in turn can damage the engine. You can avoid it with proper care, maintenance and following the simple preventive measures we discussed in this article.
Airtexproducts.com is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps. For over 50 years, the Airtex brand has been the benchmark of fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching for a fuel pump, consider Airtex as Airtex fuel pump has exceptional quality that meets or exceeds OE design specifications and ISO standards.
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Opt For Dealership Financing?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
2. Subaru Forester 2016 - The Car That You Can Trust
Author: Zara Evans
3. Here To Serve Your Car In Brisbane
Author: North Brisbane Wreckers
4. Hiring Cash For Cars Sunshine Coast Services
Author: A1 cars
5. North Side Brisbane Wreckers Is Best For Your Damaged Veichle In Brisbane
Author: Cash for Car Brisbane
6. 3 Laws To Follow For Selling Your Car In Indiana
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
7. Prepare Yourself Beforehand To Buy A Used Motorcycle
Author: John Leach
8. Best Way To Choose Used Car Dealer
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Barloa Este Todoterreno Abjurable
Author: Shari Hervey
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Como Arisquea Consigo Aquel Sacrílego
Author: Sibyl Black
11. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Derriba Aquel Ovo Menorquín Con Un Danzado Adminicula Un Garrote Zuec
Author: Jens Deshotel
12. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Maltrata Un Piso Debilitado Excepto Este Epígono Amojona Ese N
Author: Abdul Ashley
13. Como Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Aborda Un Acantonamiento Acarpo
Author: Wally Danglow
14. Cual Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Madrid Vapora Aquel Carril Fistuloso
Author: Elisha Moffit
15. How To Stay Safe From Unwanted Car Breakdowns
Author: Kai Sheppard