ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Avoiding Air Lock For Better Fis Performance
Total Articles: 21
The issue of air lock usually occurs while changing the fuel filters, or while performing other maintenance activities of the FIS. Let us take a look at how the issue affects FIS and how it can be prevented.
Affects the overall performance of FIS
When air enters fuel lines, it obstructs the supply of fuel to different parts of FIS; the engine may not get an adequate supply of fuel. Inadequate supply of fuel causes damage to the engine and results in loss of power. This condition could further lead to poor/uneven idle, decreased fuel economy and poor overall performance of the FIS.
Takes a lot of efforts and money to resolve
Air lock is one of the major issues in FIS. As mentioned earlier, the fuel injectors are affected by it, and it is very difficult to remove the air from them. This process not only takes a lot of effort and time, but also costs a lot of money. To avoid the issue in the fuel lines, you can take certain preventive measures. A few of them are mentioned here.
With these few preventive measures, you can avoid air lock. Here are two simple ways to prevent this.
Never run on low fuel levels
One of the major reasons for air lock is running the vehicle on low fuel level. Running on low level for a long period will not only cause the issue, but will also overheat the fuel pump and reduces its life. Therefore, make sure to avoid driving your vehicle at a low fuel level.
Care should be taken while replacing or servicing components of FIS
While fixing or replacing any of the components of FIS, make sure you tighten them well. If any gap is left, it will allow the air to enter the fuel lines, causing air lock. Also, make sure that the fuel is filled first while replacing the fuel filter. Otherwise, air is introduced to FIS and causes the issue.
It is important to avoid air lock because it damages FIS, and results in loss of power, which in turn can damage the engine. You can avoid it with proper care, maintenance and following the simple preventive measures we discussed in this article.
Airtexproducts.com is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps. For over 50 years, the Airtex brand has been the benchmark of fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching for a fuel pump, consider Airtex as Airtex fuel pump has exceptional quality that meets or exceeds OE design specifications and ISO standards.
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai