ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Avoiding Air Lock For Better Fis Performance
Total Articles: 21
The issue of air lock usually occurs while changing the fuel filters, or while performing other maintenance activities of the FIS. Let us take a look at how the issue affects FIS and how it can be prevented.
Affects the overall performance of FIS
When air enters fuel lines, it obstructs the supply of fuel to different parts of FIS; the engine may not get an adequate supply of fuel. Inadequate supply of fuel causes damage to the engine and results in loss of power. This condition could further lead to poor/uneven idle, decreased fuel economy and poor overall performance of the FIS.
Takes a lot of efforts and money to resolve
Air lock is one of the major issues in FIS. As mentioned earlier, the fuel injectors are affected by it, and it is very difficult to remove the air from them. This process not only takes a lot of effort and time, but also costs a lot of money. To avoid the issue in the fuel lines, you can take certain preventive measures. A few of them are mentioned here.
With these few preventive measures, you can avoid air lock. Here are two simple ways to prevent this.
Never run on low fuel levels
One of the major reasons for air lock is running the vehicle on low fuel level. Running on low level for a long period will not only cause the issue, but will also overheat the fuel pump and reduces its life. Therefore, make sure to avoid driving your vehicle at a low fuel level.
Care should be taken while replacing or servicing components of FIS
While fixing or replacing any of the components of FIS, make sure you tighten them well. If any gap is left, it will allow the air to enter the fuel lines, causing air lock. Also, make sure that the fuel is filled first while replacing the fuel filter. Otherwise, air is introduced to FIS and causes the issue.
It is important to avoid air lock because it damages FIS, and results in loss of power, which in turn can damage the engine. You can avoid it with proper care, maintenance and following the simple preventive measures we discussed in this article.
Airtexproducts.com is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps. For over 50 years, the Airtex brand has been the benchmark of fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching for a fuel pump, consider Airtex as Airtex fuel pump has exceptional quality that meets or exceeds OE design specifications and ISO standards.
Automobiles Articles1. Gps- Global Tracking Solutions Taking Industries To New Heights
Author: Kapil Yadav
2. Advantages Of Lease Or Finance A New Car
3. Busting The Most Overhyped Myths About Car Detailing Kent Wa With Facts
Author: Davis Miller
4. How To Drive Safe In The Wintry Days In New Zealand
Author: Steling Brake
5. How To Polish Your Car By Hand
Author: neel patel
6. Rockman – The Champion Of Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels, Drive Chain, Two Wheeler & Auto Parts
Author: Rockman Industries
7. Auto Financing Tips When Purchasing Cars
Author: Ken Bailey
8. 4 Major Tips And Tricks For Car Theft Protection: With Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Randeep Kumar
9. Tips For Purchasing A Used Car
Author: Jason L. Mosca
10. Infoglobaldata Redefines Email Marketing Strategy With Automobile Industry Mailing List
Author: Mark Griffith
11. The Roadworthy Certificate Is A Must For Selling Your Car
Author: Luca Curtis
12. Reasons Owning Custom Bike Will Change Your Status
Author: Levi Fysh
13. Create The Right Impression By Hiring London Chauffeur
Author: Toby Pratt
14. Vehicle Dashboard Gauges
Author: Vitaly Sandyrev
15. The Main Reasons Cars Breakdown