ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Tips To Make Your Electric Fuel Pump Run Longer
Total Articles: 21
The electric fuel pump, located inside the fuel tank, is an integral part of any vehicle’s fuel delivery system. It is an expensive spare part to purchase. As it is located inside the tank, one needs to remove the entire tank to fix or replace damaged electric fuel pump. For this reason, fixing and replacing it is a very complicated task and is expensive. Therefore, to avoid expenses of purchase and replacement, proper care and maintenance is necessary.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind to make your electric fuel pump run longer.
Do not use cheap gasoline/diesel
Using cheap (contaminated) or low quality gasoline or diesel in your vehicle can greatly increase internal wear and tear. It could lead to undesirable spark generation. Low quality and contaminated gasoline or diesel puts more load on the engine, decreasing its life span. The dirt and debris in cheap gasoline or diesel blocks the filter and causes damage to the fuel pump.
Do not run on less gasoline/diesel for longer period
As the electric fuel pump is mounted inside the tank, it is important to keep it submerged in gasoline or diesel to avoid overheating and to keep it cool. If the level of gasoline or diesel in the tank is low, it will expose the fuel pump out and its temperature increases as it operates and results in burning and premature failure.
Clean fuel tank regularly
It is important to get the tank cleaned and filtered regularly to ensure optimal performance of fuel system of your car. Over time, tanks accumulate particulates like dirt, mud or dust and moisture. Make sure that the tank is properly cleaned on regular basis.
Regularly getting your vehicle serviced is very important to maintain the condition of your vehicle and to ensure that it runs efficiently. Choose a licensed and authorized service center as the service will be carried out by a professionals and according to the recommendations of the manufacturer. Generally, servicing is recommended every 12 months or every 12,000 miles, whichever is sooner. Cleaning or replacing the filter between every 3 to 6 months improves the performance of the fuel pump.
The lesson to learn here is, if you are trying to save money by using cheap gasoline or diesel, or by not cleaning the tank regularly, or by avoiding servicing, you are shortening the life of your vehicle’s fuel pump.
Airtexproducts.com is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps and modular reservoir assemblies (MRA). For over 50 years, fuel pumps from Airtex have been the benchmark fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching either for electric fuel pump or mechanical fuel pump, visit our site.
Automobiles Articles1. The Real Reason We Need To Stop Trying Too Hard In Car Servicing And Repair
Author: James Elston
2. Now Is The Time For You To Know The Truth About Car Valeting
Author: Rhys Gibson
3. Modify A Chopper Using Custom Made Parts Which Are Now Available Online
Author: Levi Fysh
4. How To Acquire A Higher Loan-to-value Percentage On Your Auto Loan?
Author: jeffery reynold
5. Lightweight Folding Bike – It’s The Best Travel Bike Out There!
Author: Paul Pinigis
6. What Sort Of Things You Need To Consider During A Long Drive?
Author: My Tyre Point
7. Effective On Roadside Assistance For Car Lockouts In Raleigh, Nc
Author: Jasin Walva
8. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Unit Manufacturer In Pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
10. Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune- India| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
11. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Manufacture In Pune| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
12. Gps Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
13. Vehicle Tracking System Manufacturer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
14. Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
15. Gps And Gsm Vehicle Tracking System| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd