ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Tips To Make Your Electric Fuel Pump Run Longer
Total Articles: 21
The electric fuel pump, located inside the fuel tank, is an integral part of any vehicle’s fuel delivery system. It is an expensive spare part to purchase. As it is located inside the tank, one needs to remove the entire tank to fix or replace damaged electric fuel pump. For this reason, fixing and replacing it is a very complicated task and is expensive. Therefore, to avoid expenses of purchase and replacement, proper care and maintenance is necessary.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind to make your electric fuel pump run longer.
Do not use cheap gasoline/diesel
Using cheap (contaminated) or low quality gasoline or diesel in your vehicle can greatly increase internal wear and tear. It could lead to undesirable spark generation. Low quality and contaminated gasoline or diesel puts more load on the engine, decreasing its life span. The dirt and debris in cheap gasoline or diesel blocks the filter and causes damage to the fuel pump.
Do not run on less gasoline/diesel for longer period
As the electric fuel pump is mounted inside the tank, it is important to keep it submerged in gasoline or diesel to avoid overheating and to keep it cool. If the level of gasoline or diesel in the tank is low, it will expose the fuel pump out and its temperature increases as it operates and results in burning and premature failure.
Clean fuel tank regularly
It is important to get the tank cleaned and filtered regularly to ensure optimal performance of fuel system of your car. Over time, tanks accumulate particulates like dirt, mud or dust and moisture. Make sure that the tank is properly cleaned on regular basis.
Regularly getting your vehicle serviced is very important to maintain the condition of your vehicle and to ensure that it runs efficiently. Choose a licensed and authorized service center as the service will be carried out by a professionals and according to the recommendations of the manufacturer. Generally, servicing is recommended every 12 months or every 12,000 miles, whichever is sooner. Cleaning or replacing the filter between every 3 to 6 months improves the performance of the fuel pump.
The lesson to learn here is, if you are trying to save money by using cheap gasoline or diesel, or by not cleaning the tank regularly, or by avoiding servicing, you are shortening the life of your vehicle’s fuel pump.
Airtexproducts.com is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps and modular reservoir assemblies (MRA). For over 50 years, fuel pumps from Airtex have been the benchmark fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching either for electric fuel pump or mechanical fuel pump, visit our site.
Automobiles Articles1. Get Online Auto Insurance And Finance
2. New Shell Fuel Station Finder From Fleetcor
Author: FleetCor Deutschland GmbH
3. Dealerships Are Your One Stop Shop
Author: haggerty Ford
4. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Learning On Driving Simulators.
Author: Eesha Zaveri
5. Buy Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Within Your Budget
6. Know The Truth About For Vehicle Parts Exchange In Surrey
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Why Mot Test Is So Much Essential For Four-wheelers
Author: James Elston
8. Car Valeting The Reason That Has Kept You From Buying The New One
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System
Author: Balu S
10. The Biggest Contribution Of Driving Coach In Chadstone To Humanity
Author: Mark Watson
11. Side By Side Comparison Between Readymade Motorcycle & Custom Chopper
Author: Levi Fysh
12. Benefits Of Leasing Your Next Car
13. Rockman - The Top Manufacturers Of Two Wheeler Parts & Automotive Component In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. For Best Services Just Opt For Auto Repair Gainesville
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. 2017 Hyundai Accent: Top Reasons Why You Should Buy This Budget Car
Author: Allen Hyundai