ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Court Of Appeal Overturns Circuit Court Order. Subjective Motivation Of Officer Usually Not RelevanBy Expert Author: Joesph Affronti
In the matter of State vs. Proctor, the court of appeal reversed the circuit court's ruling allowing the defendant's motion to suppress evidence confiscated during the course of a traffic stop. The appellate court ruled that the circuit court committed reversable error by requiring the state to establish the stop was pretextual. The appellate court ruled that, as a rule-of-thumb, the choice to stop a vehicle is reasonable when the police have probable cause to believe that a traffic infraction has occurred. The appellate court additional ruled that the officer's motivation is irrelevant and shouldn't be considered as a factor in a run of the mill, probable-cause 4th Amendment analysis. Accordingly, the court held that the police officer did have probable cause sufficient to detain the defendant's car.
For more information concerning Expunge Record Fort Lauderdale FL , Criminal Defense Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL or Criminal Defense Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL , you can contact us at: The Law Offices of Michael A. Dye, PA 1 E Broward Blvd #700
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Legal Articles1. Injured In A Slip And Fall - When To A Hire A Lawyer?
2. Guidelines To Choosing The Best Law Firm For Your Business
Author: Charles Silver
3. Personal Injury Law Firms - Getting The Right Slip And Fall Lawyer
4. Basic Need To Knows For Slip And Fall Lawyers
5. The Sydney Family Law Mediation Can Help To Resolve Disputes In A Friendly Manner
6. Truck Accident Attorney – Top 5 Things To Look For
7. Seat Belt Injury Law - What You Need To Know
8. Third Party Negligence- Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm
Author: Mark Joshes is the author of this Article.
10. How To Get Effective Legal Compensation For Ivc Filter Injury Case In Texas?
Author: Nick Feizy
11. Why Hiring A Wrongful Death Lawyer Is Very Important
12. Top Orange California Personal Injury Lawyer Announcing New Office Location And Free Case Evaluation
13. Contact Experienced Houston Dwi Lawyer To Prove Your Innocence In The Court
14. Succession Planning And Forensic Accounting: Need For Professional Services!
15. Clarify All Your Details Regarding Succession Planning And Accounting Services!
Author: Bob Mussa