ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Court Of Appeal Overturns Circuit Court Order. Subjective Motivation Of Officer Usually Not Relevan
Total Articles: 3
In the matter of State vs. Proctor, the court of appeal reversed the circuit court's ruling allowing the defendant's motion to suppress evidence confiscated during the course of a traffic stop. The appellate court ruled that the circuit court committed reversable error by requiring the state to establish the stop was pretextual. The appellate court ruled that, as a rule-of-thumb, the choice to stop a vehicle is reasonable when the police have probable cause to believe that a traffic infraction has occurred. The appellate court additional ruled that the officer's motivation is irrelevant and shouldn't be considered as a factor in a run of the mill, probable-cause 4th Amendment analysis. Accordingly, the court held that the police officer did have probable cause sufficient to detain the defendant's car.
For more information concerning Expunge Record Fort Lauderdale FL , Criminal Defense Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL or Criminal Defense Lawyer Fort Lauderdale FL , you can contact us at: The Law Offices of Michael A. Dye, PA 1 E Broward Blvd #700
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Legal Articles1. 7 Keys To Improving Lead Conversion For Personal Injury Lawyers
2. Hire Drug Possession Lawyer Houston To Safeguard Your Constitutional Rights
3. For Child Support Issues, Consult The Springfield Missouri Child Support Lawyers In Greene County
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
4. Why Is It Important To Contact An Attorney In Phoenix?
5. Overview Of The Ins And Outs Of Settling A Car Accident Claim In Scottsdale
6. Seattle Insurance Lawyer To Settle Accident Claims
Author: Chris Thayer
7. Four Crucial Complications That Can Result Immediately After Ivc Filter Transplant
Author: Nick Feizy
8. Who Do I Sue After A Car Accident In Tucson?
9. Check Criminal Records
10. Knowing More About Forfeiture And Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. What Does It Take To Hire A Car Accident Attorney
Author: ABetter UCBD
12. Requirements For Proving “inability To Present The Case” - Enforcement Of Foreign Awards
Author: S Ravi Shankar
13. Amazing Guide To Hire The Accident Attorney
Author: Chris Thayer
14. Can You Still Recover Damages - If You Were Not Wearing A Seatbelt
15. St Louis Missouri Divorce Lawyers Can Help You Rebuild Your Life
Author: kirk c stange