ALL >> Food,-Cooking-and-Drink >> View Article
The Role That Meat Plays In A Balanced Diet
Total Articles: 61
Meat is an extremely useful source of protein, vitamins and minerals in a diet. But as with most things in life it is better to have in moderati.
And the Department of Health has advised that anyone who consumes 90g or more, (cooked weight), of red and processed meat a day should cut down to 70g. Eating large amounts of red and processed meats is actually quite likely to be linked to bowel cancer. However, red meat is also a great source of iron and vitamin B12 too.When healthy choices are made meat can easily be incorporated into a healthy and balanced diet. But some meats are very high in saturated fats, which can raise blood cholesterol level and cause heart disease. The type of meat that you buy and how you choose to prepare it can have a big impact on it's saturated fats content, here are a few examples:- Chicken - fried chicken breast in bread crumbs actually contains six times as much saturated fat as chicken grilled without the skin- Rump Steak - a lean grilled rump steak will contain half the fat of a fried steak with fat- If the fat is trimmed and they grilled they contain around one third of the amount of saturated fat that roasted untrimmed chops would.The meat you buy is equally as important to the preparation of it too, after all there's no point polishing a turd. If you want to incorporate meat into a healthy diet then it is always best to go for the leanest option, so ask your butcher for the leanest cut, or buy bacon medallions instead of bacon with the fat. If you're buying pre-packed meat from the supermarket then check the nutrition label to see how much fat it contains, and compare a variety of different products. Choosing turkey and chicken without the skin will help to reduce your saturated fat intake. Processed meat products and meats found in pastries will often tend to have much higher fat content, so you should try to avoid pies, pastries, sausages, beef burgers, and salami.It is also important to store meat in safely to stop bacteria from spreading and prevent any risk of food poisoning. Any raw meat or poultry should be stored in clean sealed containers and on the bottom shelf of the fridge, this means that the meat cannot touch of drip onto anything else. Anything that has made contact with raw meat should always be properly cleaned too.
Food, Cooking and Drink Articles1. There Is Still Time To Get In The Halloween Spirit!
Author: Chris Ingallina
2. 5 Top Drinks To Try This Winter If You Are In Uk
Author: Lily Alvin
3. Food Truck Catering – Finger Food Perth Can Make Your Guests Satisfied In A Unique Way
Author: Michael Wickham
4. Craft Brews Get The Most Attention
Author: Tod Henry
5. The Importance Of Hiring A Qualified Los Angeles Event Planner
Author: Daniel Chapman
6. Catering Services Bracken Ridge Is The Best Option To Treat Your Guests With Best Food
7. Incredible Indian Spices & Their Benefits - Nmp Udhyog
8. Go Through The Reviews Of The Nearby Restaurants Before Visiting
Author: Mitchell Dundalli
9. Need To Get In Touch With Best Designer As Per Your Needs
10. Catering Food From Greek Cuisine
Author: Johny Danes
11. Gyros And Souvlaki Similar Yet Different
Author: Johny Danes
12. Try Some American Cuisines In The Streets Of London
Author: Mathew Gomes
13. Enjoy Social Dining!
Author: Nadia Turov
14. Are You Constantly Hungry Between Meals? Try Vega All In One Nutritional Shake!
Author: Owen Thomson
15. Why People Prefer To Eat Soaked Almonds
Author: Diwakar Retail Limited