ALL >> Business >> View Article
Different Stages In Erp Project Implementation Life Cycle
Total Articles: 689
ERP software solutions are implemented in a series of well defined steps which forms erp implementation life cycle. From selection of a suitable ERP vendor with adequate ERP package to planning of project, business and testing, it encompasses various procedural steps to deliver best performance to the business.
The following are the steps involved in completing the erp project implementation life cycle.
1. Selecting the best available ERP package
2. Assessing features of selected package
3. Need based Finding
4. Project Plan Formulation
5. Recreation of entire business process
6. Technical Support to team and management
7. Testing Phase
Let us look at each step in detail:
1. Selection of the appropriate ERP package is the first step in erp implementation life cycle. In this phase searching is done to find the best suitable ERP vendor to accomplish the goals of business. From the list of desired ERP vendors, short listing is done to find best vendor amongst other vendors. Other ERP vendors are not taken into consideration.
2. In the second phase of cycle, features of ERP package like integration, automation of processes and distribution across various departments are analysed against requirements of different departments of the business like finance and accounting, inventory management, production, sales and marketing, human resource management and back end operations.
3. In the third step “Need Based Finding” as the name suggests needs of various departments are found by carrying out a meeting with top management people. Any new functionality can be added in this phase to ensure efficient processes and accomplishment of future business goals of the organization.
4. This step utilizes information in Step 3 and on the basis of it formulates a detailed project plan for business. Project is planned and its layout is finalized in the presence of top management people and technical team of the project. Resource identification is done, new roles are assigned to project team members along with the existing ones and contingency planning is done
5. After finalizing the project plan and assigning roles to respective team members, fifth step is recreation of business processes. In this phase business processes are recreated and restructured to accommodate the additions and modifications. These processes then properly integrated with ERP tools.
6. After effective integration of processed with ERP tools, next is to provide proper training is provided to team members, managers and others who are involved in working with ERP system to work easily on these systems.
It also has provision to provide help and maintenance related support whenever required.
7. The last step of erp project implementation life cycle, involves the testing of ERP tools against different test cases and scenarios the tools. It is checked whether the implementation is done correctly and requirements are met as expected. Any problems if seen as a result of testing if corrected at that time.
Business Articles1. Buy Radiology Director Mailing List To Kick Start Your Marketing Campaigns
Author: Romero Williams
2. What Are The Profits Of Owning Led Tvs?
3. Willing To Buy A Refrigerator? Follow This Guide
4. Ppc Pay Per Click Digital Advertising With Bing, Google, Linkedin And Facebook
5. Baby Bjorn Carrier Is Best For Child
6. Know About The Top And Best Mlm Companies In India
7. Hire Royal Holidayz Platform To Pick The Best Tour Support To Enjoy
8. וילה נופש לכל המשפחה
9. Slider Windows
Author: Whether you are searching for the perfect replace
10. Factory Direct Deals In India
11. The Perfect Destination For Your Montauk Wedding
Author: WELCOME An Iconic Waterfront Resor. From our early
12. Guide To Choose Clutch From Best Manufacturer
13. Racial Discrimination
Author: For more details on our products and services, ple
14. Best Consultants For Security Surveillance And Electrical Works In Pune – Orion Communication
Author: Orion Communication
15. Purchase The Most Reasonably Cost Clutch From Professional Services