ALL >> General >> View Article
Us To Announce Pullout Plan From Afghanistan
Total Articles: 14
The United States plans to decrease its troop presence in Afghanistan to 9,800 this year and will conclude its military intervention in the country by the end of 2016, a senior official has said.
US President Barack Obama is to announce the plan later on Tuesday at 18:45 GMT from the White House, depending on the Afghan government agreeing to sign a joint safety agreement.
While current Afghan President Hamid Karzai has declined to sign the agreement, US officials stated they have been confident that either of the candidates in search of to replace him would give his approval, the Associated Press news agency reported.
"We will only sustain a military presence following 2014 if the Afghan government signs the Bilateral Safety Agreement," a senior administration official told reporters.
The program calls for the US military to draw down from its present force of 32,000 to 9,800 by the finish of this year. These troops would be dispatched all through Afghanistan and focus on security missions and education Afghan safety forces. They would not be engaged in combat missions.
More than the course of next year, the quantity of troops would be reduce in half and consolidated in the capital of Kabul and at Bagram Air Field, the key US base in Afghanistan.
By the end of 2016, the US presence would be cut to a regular embassy presence and will employees a safety office in the capital, as has been done in Iraq, the official added.
The officials providing facts of the announcement insisted on anonymity simply because they had been not authorised to talk about the strategy by name ahead of the president.
Ahead of his remarks, Obama was expected to speak with Karzai, who has had a tumultuous connection with the White Home. The two leaders did not see each and every other even though Obama was in Afghanistan, but they did speak by phone as Air Force A single was returning to Washington.
Obama has also discussed his plans with various European leaders, like German Chancellor Angela Merkel, British Prime Minister David Cameron and Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi.
At least two,181 members of the US military have died during the practically 13-year Afghan war and thousands additional have been wounded.The number emerged just after Obama held talks with U.S. military commanders at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan on Sunday as the United States winds down a war begun in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.
Obama was to make the announcement in a two:45 p.m. EDT statement in the White Home Rose Garden.
The total NATO presence, such as US troops, is anticipated to be around 12,000 at the begin of next year.
Dailynewsen.com is the leading news portal which provides trustworthy information to the public. Here you shall find breaking ny daily news, local news coverage, sports, health, technology, entertainment news, celebrity gossip, politics, videos, photos and much more. To stay up to date around the world, please Click Here.
General Articles1. Weed For Sale Online
2. 4 Most Important Tips For Fire Safety – The Safety Master
3. Why Investing In Promotional Bluetooth Speakers Is A Great Idea?
Author: Neo Martin
4. Digital And Screen Printing In Dubai, Lanyard Printing In Sharjah
6. How To Become A Profitable Magnesium Oxide Manufacturer?
Author: hu Allen
7. Purchase A Good Quality Stroller For Your Large Dog!
8. Get Instant Information Technology Assignment Help From Experts
9. Popular Elements Of Jewelry This Year@thereal.su
10. Personality Customization Pk Product Diamond Jewelry Who Will Win@thereal.su
11. Buy Brand Diamond Ring The Uneconomic@thereal.su
12. Watch Has Several Important Considerations In Process Indicators@thereal.su
13. Graff Diamonds Of Wang Xin Wrist Watch@thereal.su
14. The Home Inspection Nyc Can Help To Maintain Good Living Conditions In Your Home
15. Wodurch Die Armreifen Wu's Farbenfrohes Kleid Schmeicheln