ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Onlineshoppee Handicrafts Goes Overseas
Total Articles: 36
Handicrafts, Handmades and Decoratives have always been the heart of India culture as they consist of magnetism and spread a charming aura to the surroundings.
These decoratives find an integral part in the beautification of your interiors as well as exteriors and made completely by hand or using only simple handy tools. The individual artisanship of the items is a paramount criterion, such items often have cultural and/or religious significance. Items made by mass production or machines are not handicrafts.
The vast culture and ethnic diversity has enabled a variety of motives techniques and crafts to flourish on this land. The economic importance of the handicraft sector lies in their high demand in domestic and overseas market. History of Onlineshoppee Handicrafts The history of Indian handicrafts is a traditional scenario. To look back into the footmarks of Indian handicrafts, we need to go back almost 5000 years. The first references to Indian handicrafts can be found from the Indus Valley Civilization. The craft tradition in India has revolved around religious beliefs, local needs of the commoners, as well as the special needs of the patrons and royalty, along with an eye for foreign and domestic trade. These craft traditions have withstood the ravages of time and numerous foreign invasions and continue to flourish till date owing to the assimilative nature of Indian culture and broadmindedness of the handicraftsmen to accept and use new ideas. The Indus valley civilization had a rich craft tradition as well as a high degree of technical excellence in the field of pottery making, sculpture (metal, stone and terracotta), jewelry, weaving etc. A lot of material information from excavations at Harappa, Mohen-jo-daro etc. substantiate the craft tradition of the Indus valley civilization. The craftsmen not only catered to all the local needs but surplus items were sent to ancient Arabian cultures via ancient sea routes. Overseas Indian Handicraft Markets The major markets for Indian handicrafts are US, Canada, Europe, and The West Asian Countries among which the US is a major market. It employs approximately 5 million artisans. This sector is the major source of rural employment and earns substantial foreign exchange. The growth rate of the Indian handicraft sector is approx 8.5%. Handicraft over the last few years has drifted from shelf decorative to daily usable category and adapt itself to the changing trends across the globe. To catch up with this changing trend the exporters have to be constantly be on their toes and come out with new innovative ideas that works is export market.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Know The Facts About Nazar Battu Evil Eye Protector
Author: payal dubey
2. Get The Amazing Traditional Handmade Kumkum Sindoor Box
Author: payal dubey
3. Online Grocery Shopping Store | Grocery Store Online Shopping
4. Top 5 Tips To Purchase The Right Chair Online
Author: Anaya Sharma
5. The Must-read Shopping Tips For Baby Frocks
6. Selling Successfully At Online B2b Marketplace From Sellers Perspective
Author: Gail Herper
7. Latest Update Shopping Site For Every Household Product
Author: Garima Yadav
8. Citizen Eco-drive Chronograph Men’s Watch A Classical Revisit
9. Casio Classic Sports Chronograph Men’s Watch| Brilliant Under A Simple Face
11. Vr Bengaluru - One Of The Topmost Entertainment Places In Bangalore
12. Why Promotional Products Are So Effective For Marketing?
Author: Victor Lee
13. Diesel Mega Chief Chronograph Black Dial Mens Watch| Speedy Freddie’s Love It
14. Hip Hop Fashion And Style - Keeping Hip And Trendy
Author: Piter Nicolas
15. All About Fashion Jewellery