ALL >> Shopping-Product-Reviews >> View Article
Onlineshoppee Handicrafts Goes OverseasBy Expert Author: Onlineshoppee
Handicrafts, Handmades and Decoratives have always been the heart of India culture as they consist of magnetism and spread a charming aura to the surroundings.
These decoratives find an integral part in the beautification of your interiors as well as exteriors and made completely by hand or using only simple handy tools. The individual artisanship of the items is a paramount criterion, such items often have cultural and/or religious significance. Items made by mass production or machines are not handicrafts.
The vast culture and ethnic diversity has enabled a variety of motives techniques and crafts to flourish on this land. The economic importance of the handicraft sector lies in their high demand in domestic and overseas market. History of Onlineshoppee Handicrafts The history of Indian handicrafts is a traditional scenario. To look back into the footmarks of Indian handicrafts, we need to go back almost 5000 years. The first references to Indian handicrafts can be found from the Indus Valley Civilization. The craft tradition in India has revolved around religious beliefs, local needs of the commoners, as well as the special needs of the patrons and royalty, along with an eye for foreign and domestic trade. These craft traditions have withstood the ravages of time and numerous foreign invasions and continue to flourish till date owing to the assimilative nature of Indian culture and broadmindedness of the handicraftsmen to accept and use new ideas. The Indus valley civilization had a rich craft tradition as well as a high degree of technical excellence in the field of pottery making, sculpture (metal, stone and terracotta), jewelry, weaving etc. A lot of material information from excavations at Harappa, Mohen-jo-daro etc. substantiate the craft tradition of the Indus valley civilization. The craftsmen not only catered to all the local needs but surplus items were sent to ancient Arabian cultures via ancient sea routes. Overseas Indian Handicraft Markets The major markets for Indian handicrafts are US, Canada, Europe, and The West Asian Countries among which the US is a major market. It employs approximately 5 million artisans. This sector is the major source of rural employment and earns substantial foreign exchange. The growth rate of the Indian handicraft sector is approx 8.5%. Handicraft over the last few years has drifted from shelf decorative to daily usable category and adapt itself to the changing trends across the globe. To catch up with this changing trend the exporters have to be constantly be on their toes and come out with new innovative ideas that works is export market.
Shopping/Product Reviews Articles1. Get The Costume You Need For The Adult Costume Party You're Attending
Author: Costume Party
2. Don't Risk The Inconvenience Of Running Out Of Spare Boat Parts
Author: Boat Parts
3. Diesel Uber Chief Chronograph Quartz Dz7376 Men’s Watch|4-way Time-telling In An Affordable Package
Author: Jasson C
4. The Trending Stuff About Personalized Plastic Cups
Author: Ryan Morris
5. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Induction Cooker
6. Find Beautiful Indian Home Décor Products Online To Enrich Your Interiors
7. 7-point Guide To Buying Outdoor Pet Waste Cans And Essentials
Author: James Brown
8. Readymade The Perfect Choice For Fast Moving World
Author: Karishma Singh
9. J.springs By Seiko Automatic 21 Jewels Japan Made Beb578 Men’s Watch| Distinct Differences Breeds A
Author: Jasson C
10. How To Celebrate Valentine’s Day Bollywood Style?
11. Try Waist Trainer To Enjoy Best Results To Shape Your Body And Experience Inch Loss At The Waist
12. Devolopment Of Online Shopping - Ohoo
13. Babystitch's Snuggle Baby Blankets For Your Newborn Baby
Author: Michelle Denham
14. Affordable Men’s Undershirts –buy From Traditional Stores
Author: Piter Nicolas
15. Are You Getting Close To Someone With The Longer Term Plans?