ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Selection Guidelines For Different Worktops For Modern KitchensBy Expert Author: Marwick Bravo
When you visit most kitchens in the UK, you will find that most of them have kitchen worktops. The interesting part is the material of these worktops. Although there are various materials for kitchen worktops, the most common ones are laminate, granite, stainless steel, composite stone, wood, and glass. If you are planning to buy a kitchen worktop, you will have to keep in mind a few key aspects of all these materials so that you can make an informed decision. Composite and granite & quartz worktops are very popular in the UK.
Composite stone is a very beautiful and practical choice and can be used anywhere such as around the sink or near to hobs. If you have a traditional house, you should stick to colours such as cream or grey. These materials are good for modern as well as contemporary kitchens. If there are any spills, you will have to clean them up very quickly to prevent any marks. To keep the composite stone kitchen worktop clean, you will need a soft, damp cloth and a mild liquid detergent. You don’t need any sealing for this material.
Kitchen granite worktops are also in great demand these days. They can be kept in any area of the kitchen such as next to the hob or next to the sink. Granite is a luxurious material and it will never go out of fashion for several years to come. Granite worktops will suit all kinds of kitchen styles—modern or traditional. If you want a traditional looking granite worktop, then you will have to choose a classic polished finish. If you want a more contemporary look, you can opt for a honed matt finish.
Granite worktops are very low on maintenance. Even you can do the maintenance of these worktops. On a regular basis, you will have to use a damp cloth to clean the granite worktops. Once in a week or twice in a week, you may have to use a detergent to deep clean the granite worktops. It is very important that you select the right detergent for the granite worktop. There are some detergents that can harm or erode the surface of the granite worktop. To be on the safer side, you can use a mild detergent for cleaning the granite surface of the worktops. You will easily get these detergents in the super markets or malls.
In addition to cleaning, you will have to apply a sealing to the granite worktop. This sealing is generally applied when you get the granite worktop. The next sealing will have to be applied after about 10 years. Granite is one of best natural materials found on the surface of earth. This material can withstand high temperatures and it is impervious to most stains as well. If wine or citric acids fall on the granite work tops, they need to be cleaned immediately. There are some chances of stains with wine and citric acids. Cutting lemon or sweet lime on bare granite surfaces is never recommended because these fruits contain high amount of citric acid. In addition to granite & quartz kitchen worktops UK, which are also as good as worktops.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald