ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Selection Guidelines For Different Worktops For Modern Kitchens
Total Articles: 22
When you visit most kitchens in the UK, you will find that most of them have kitchen worktops. The interesting part is the material of these worktops. Although there are various materials for kitchen worktops, the most common ones are laminate, granite, stainless steel, composite stone, wood, and glass. If you are planning to buy a kitchen worktop, you will have to keep in mind a few key aspects of all these materials so that you can make an informed decision. Composite and granite & quartz worktops are very popular in the UK.
Composite stone is a very beautiful and practical choice and can be used anywhere such as around the sink or near to hobs. If you have a traditional house, you should stick to colours such as cream or grey. These materials are good for modern as well as contemporary kitchens. If there are any spills, you will have to clean them up very quickly to prevent any marks. To keep the composite stone kitchen worktop clean, you will need a soft, damp cloth and a mild liquid detergent. You don’t need any sealing for this material.
Kitchen granite worktops are also in great demand these days. They can be kept in any area of the kitchen such as next to the hob or next to the sink. Granite is a luxurious material and it will never go out of fashion for several years to come. Granite worktops will suit all kinds of kitchen styles—modern or traditional. If you want a traditional looking granite worktop, then you will have to choose a classic polished finish. If you want a more contemporary look, you can opt for a honed matt finish.
Granite worktops are very low on maintenance. Even you can do the maintenance of these worktops. On a regular basis, you will have to use a damp cloth to clean the granite worktops. Once in a week or twice in a week, you may have to use a detergent to deep clean the granite worktops. It is very important that you select the right detergent for the granite worktop. There are some detergents that can harm or erode the surface of the granite worktop. To be on the safer side, you can use a mild detergent for cleaning the granite surface of the worktops. You will easily get these detergents in the super markets or malls.
In addition to cleaning, you will have to apply a sealing to the granite worktop. This sealing is generally applied when you get the granite worktop. The next sealing will have to be applied after about 10 years. Granite is one of best natural materials found on the surface of earth. This material can withstand high temperatures and it is impervious to most stains as well. If wine or citric acids fall on the granite work tops, they need to be cleaned immediately. There are some chances of stains with wine and citric acids. Cutting lemon or sweet lime on bare granite surfaces is never recommended because these fruits contain high amount of citric acid. In addition to granite & quartz kitchen worktops UK, which are also as good as worktops.
Home and Garden Articles1. 5 Steps You Must Take Today To Ensure Your Rugs Aren’t Ruined
Author: Mike Aurtho
2. Vanities From Repurposed Furniture
Author: Litts Plumbing
3. 4 Low-maintenance Kitchen Countertops That Can Stand The Kitchen Heat
Author: Christine Delongte
4. Buy Quality Industrial Coolers Online India To Maintain Cool And Fresh Airflow In The Industrial Fac
5. Most Professional And Renowned Residential And Commercial Plumbing Contractors
Author: Jack Ronald
6. House Cleaning Is An Imperative Task To Do
Author: Monika Zuzanska
7. 4 Benefits Of Curtains, Every Homeowner Should Know
Author: Nupur Tiwari
8. Cleaning Services Without Polluting The Environment
Author: Monika Zuzanska
9. The Commercial Gas Repair Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop To Resolve All Gas System Problems
10. Barnyard Dance In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
11. Pros And Cons Of Replacing A Bathtub With A Shower
Author: Mary Morris
12. Kitchen Remodel Tips To Help You Achieve Your Dream Kitchen
Author: Mary Morris
13. 10-point Guide For Choosing Reliable Residential Cleaning Services
Author: Luckie Maid
14. Method For Pest Controlling
Author: Vivek Suthar
15. Hire A Professional To Get Spotless House Cleaning Services
Author: Ethan Symes