ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Mustang, A Heavenly Kingdom
Total Articles: 7
Mustang or Kingdom of Lo is situated in the north part of Nepal and touching the border of Tibet. Mustang means “Fertile plain”. The district’s strategic location gives the Mustang the control over trade between Tibet and India. TheMustang was appended by Nepal in the late 18th century. The successor of Ame Pal (Ame Pal, founder of the kingdom of Lo and the builder of the walled city of Lo Manthaang) and current unofficial king of Mustang is Jigme Dorje Palbar Bista.
Trekking in Nepal, especially in Mustang, has been one great experience for every trekker in the world. There are two different options for trekking in Mustang. One is upper Mustang trekking and the second one is lower Mustang trekking; however, people consider upper mustang trekking. A shepherd found nearly 55 paintings in a cave, which were depicting the life of Lord Buddha. Every year, many western tourists visit this place to walk on the trade route built in the 15th century and to see the high altitude Himalayan desert situated near the river Kali Gandaki Gorge.
Annapurna and Dhaulagiri’s shadow cover the landscape of Mustang. The major population of Mustang follows Buddhism and Tibetan culture. There are many villages on these high plains, which has houses built with the Tibetan architecture. Whitewashed walls and fire-woods covering the roof of the houses gets highlighted in the landscape full of rocks.
Trekking in Mustang region usually takes nearly 5-6 days. The altitude of the trekking is medium (3000-4000m). While trekking in Mustang, you also enjoy trekking in Kegbeni, Chele, Geling, Charang, and Lo Manthang. The trip starts from Kathmandu. After sightseeing in Kathmandu, you drive to Pokhara and from Pokhara you fly to Jomsom and you start your trek.
You can see the beauty and power of the Mother Nature in this land. You can see the mountain standing proudly throwing their shadow on the landscape. You may not see the vegetation, but you will see the rocks themselves creating gorgeous scenery. At a certain height you will also be able to see the river Kali Gandaki Gorge, which looks like a blue line splitting the landscape into two.
With this wonderful trekking experience, you also get spiritual experience by exploring the road to a holy pilgrimage place, “Muktidham”, which is very important place for both Hindus and Buddhists. You also get to explore the villages in the region, which are separated from the modernization. These villages will make you feel like you are traveling in the past.
Travel Articles1. Logistical Reasons For A Wedding Shuttle Via Pittsburgh Charter Bus Rental
Author: Hire Charter Bus
2. Joint Celebration For The Bride And Groom In A Party Bus Rental Through Phoenix
Author: john wick
3. Are You Planning To India Nepal Tour Packages?
Author: Rakesh Kumar
4. Melt The Stress Away With Honeymoon Limo Service In Gaithersburg
Author: Cheap Limo Service DC
5. Easy Transportation Designation For All Bachelor And Bachelorette Party Plans With Pittsburgh Limo S
Author: Daniel WILLIAMS
6. Celebrate Before Your Marry Via Party Bus Rental Dc
Author: john wick
7. Zimbabwe Travel Agency - Travel Cost Efficiently
8. Wonderful Manaslu Circuit And Tsum Valley Trekking In Nepal For 2018
Author: Landmark Discovery Treks
9. Tips To Plan A Perfect Honeymoon In Manali
Author: Solang Valley Resorts Manali
10. Take The Best Taxi Services During Winter Vacations – Om Travel
11. The Best Ways To Go Through The Northern Lights
Author: Ross Barkely
12. Hire Tullamarine Airport Transfers For A Comfortable And Safe Ride
13. Tour & Travel Company In India
Author: Services International
14. African Island Holiday Packages Can Be Customized To Meet Your Personal Preferences!
Author: Sandy Russell
15. How About Isla Espiritu Santo- A Tourist Must See
Author: Terry Neal