ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Mustang, A Heavenly Kingdom
Total Articles: 7
Mustang or Kingdom of Lo is situated in the north part of Nepal and touching the border of Tibet. Mustang means “Fertile plain”. The district’s strategic location gives the Mustang the control over trade between Tibet and India. TheMustang was appended by Nepal in the late 18th century. The successor of Ame Pal (Ame Pal, founder of the kingdom of Lo and the builder of the walled city of Lo Manthaang) and current unofficial king of Mustang is Jigme Dorje Palbar Bista.
Trekking in Nepal, especially in Mustang, has been one great experience for every trekker in the world. There are two different options for trekking in Mustang. One is upper Mustang trekking and the second one is lower Mustang trekking; however, people consider upper mustang trekking. A shepherd found nearly 55 paintings in a cave, which were depicting the life of Lord Buddha. Every year, many western tourists visit this place to walk on the trade route built in the 15th century and to see the high altitude Himalayan desert situated near the river Kali Gandaki Gorge.
Annapurna and Dhaulagiri’s shadow cover the landscape of Mustang. The major population of Mustang follows Buddhism and Tibetan culture. There are many villages on these high plains, which has houses built with the Tibetan architecture. Whitewashed walls and fire-woods covering the roof of the houses gets highlighted in the landscape full of rocks.
Trekking in Mustang region usually takes nearly 5-6 days. The altitude of the trekking is medium (3000-4000m). While trekking in Mustang, you also enjoy trekking in Kegbeni, Chele, Geling, Charang, and Lo Manthang. The trip starts from Kathmandu. After sightseeing in Kathmandu, you drive to Pokhara and from Pokhara you fly to Jomsom and you start your trek.
You can see the beauty and power of the Mother Nature in this land. You can see the mountain standing proudly throwing their shadow on the landscape. You may not see the vegetation, but you will see the rocks themselves creating gorgeous scenery. At a certain height you will also be able to see the river Kali Gandaki Gorge, which looks like a blue line splitting the landscape into two.
With this wonderful trekking experience, you also get spiritual experience by exploring the road to a holy pilgrimage place, “Muktidham”, which is very important place for both Hindus and Buddhists. You also get to explore the villages in the region, which are separated from the modernization. These villages will make you feel like you are traveling in the past.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David