ALL >> Health >> View Article
Paul Macerato : Chief Oncologist & Resident Trainer
Total Articles: 2
Paul Macerato is a medical oncologist specializing in the diagnosis, treatment and management of cancer. He completed his bachelor's degree in biology with an emphasis on Molecular Genetics. Next, he studied for the admission test, and got into American University of Antigua School of Medicine. After completing 4 years of his medical degree (MD), he then started a residency at a hospital in Florida. His residency took another 3 years to complete and at the completion of which he began his first job in Miami.
As a medical oncologist, Paul Macerato is responsible for a variety of roles. The diagnosis of cancer for any person can be a life changing experience and usually a very sensitive subject. A doctor for this field needs to be someone who has the knowledge of the disease, and also has the correct interpersonal communication skills to convey the information and prognosis in the most humane manner. Paul realizes the immense responsibility that he carries on his shoulders and goes out of his way to fulfill it.
Cancer is what happens when cells begin to divide in an exponential manner. Cancer cells are shaped differently to normal cells and when they spread in such a fashion the body becomes diseased. Patients may come at various stages, but the earlier it is detected, the better prognosis a person will have. Although cancer is a serious condition with a usually bitter end, Paul Macerato believes that it can still be managed in a way that it causes the least amount of physical and psychological harm to the patient.
The following are some qualities that he believes will help an oncologist to be the most proficient at doing his job.
1) Intelligence : Detecting cancer (which comes in many forms) requires a certain level of intelligence, knowledge , and general experience.
2) Expert knowledge of Cancers : Since there are so many types of cancers, an oncologist needs to have the eye of an expert to be able to deduce which specific type is present.
3) Chemotherapy : After having determined what the patient has, the oncologist needs to be able to put him/her on the appropriate therapy : chemo, radiation, hormone, or immune.
4) Superior Communication Skills : It is not everyone' forte to be the bearer of such bad news. An oncologist needs to be personal, comforting, and optimistic when he talks about the cancer. He needs to understand the impact that it will have on the life of the patient.
Health Articles1. The Services Offered To The Patients In A Dental Clinic Is Unending
Author: Claudia Lamington
2. Linear Accelerators For Radiation Market - Size, Share, Outlook, And Forecast Till 2026
3. Make A Right Choice - Best Gynecologist In India
Author: ponting brown
4. Lysosomal Alpha Glucosidase Market - Size, Share, Outlook, And Forecast Till 2026
Author: mr shah
5. Benefits Of Email Marketing
6. How Costs Vary In The Liposuction Surgery?
7. Have You Asked In Detail To Your Surgeon About Body Sculpting?
8. 4 Things To Follow In Ivf Process
Author: Dr Shivani Sachdev Gour
9. Gastric Bypass Surgery – The Best Weight Loss Surgery
Author: Arvind Kumar
10. The Benefits Of Using Mouthwash
Author: Helen Diaz
11. Weight Loss Surgery – Is It Really Effective
Author: Arvind Kumar
12. Fraud, Deceptions, And Downright Lies About Blood Cleanup Exposed
Author: Phillip Jones
13. Must Know Facts About Hair Transplant In Bangladesh
14. Traveling To Barcelona For A Medical Conference? | Emedevents
15. Functional Medicine A Legitimate Approach To Treat Chronic Lifestyle Diseases - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta