ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Is Emu Oil And Where Does It Come From?
Total Articles: 2
• The emu is an pre-historic animal and is native to Australia. They have existed for eighty million years and are living dinosaurs.
• It is a large bird and can stand up to 6 feet tall and can weigh 140 pounds. It can run in excess of 30 mph.
• The emu is largely a vegetarian but does eat insects.
• They usually live for between ten and twenty years.
• Emu feathers are unique because each has two shafts. All other bird feathers have one.
• Eggs are dark green and five inches long.
• The emu is an integral part of Australian history to the extent that it even appears on the Coat of Arms.
• Emu feathers have also been in the past a proud adornment to hats worn in the Australian army.
• The first emus to arrive in the US were in the 30s. Presently, there are more than 500,000 emus on over 10,000 properties throughout the United States.
• Emu oil is provided from the fat of the emu.
• Most of the fat is found on the emu’s back and about 1.5 galls of emu oil is rendered from each bird.
• Sadly, emus are killed for their oil but on this point two matters need to be considered:
1) The best emu oil comes from birds that have lived on large free-range farms, have lived into adulthood, and are killed very quickly and humanely.
2) Emus are also killed for their rich red meat, which is available throughout the US and is forever growing in demand.
• Emu oil can be processed into a Standard Grade which is a yellowish semi-liquid that has a low odor and a conditional shelf life of over 2 years.
• The purest emu oil available is the Ultra Clear Grade.
• Ultra Clear Emu Oil is very clear, low odor, does not separate into layers, and does not need to be shaken or warmed before use like the Standard Grade.
Emu Oil History
• Medicinal use of emu oil is likely to date back at least 40,000 years.
• The Aborigines have been in Australia for at least this length of time and have been using emu oil as an “Elixir of Life” throughout their history.
• Their use of emu oil was observed and recorded by early Western explorers.
• The Aborigines have always held emus in high esteem and emus are a prominent feature of Aboriginal Dreamtime legend.
• Aborigines have long known the emu as an crucial source of food (about 30 pounds of lean meat can be taken from each bird) and also medicine.
• One preserved record indicates that for a case of severe illness an emu was killed and the fat obtained was used to completely cover the sick person.
• The Aborigines knew the advantages of emu oil and used it in many of the ways it is recommended for our use today.
• The first commercial emu oil became available in Western Australia in 1987 and it is now processed in many countries worldwide.
• Emu oil is now listed in the Australian Therapeutic Goods Adminisration as a safe and advantageous pharmaceutical drug and cosmetic ingredient.
Uses of Emu Oil
• Recent scientific studies carried out in Australia, Europe, Canada and the US have shown emu oill has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
• This product is therefore recommended for joint and muscle pain.
• It is also recommended for a big array of skin ailments including burns, stretch marks from pregnancy and weight loss, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, tinea, acne, blackheads and burns.
• It is also widely used as a fantastic natural skin revitilizer and can be used safely in any amount.
• Emu oil is used to give hair more body and shine and is commonly used to regrow lost hair by actively stimulating dormant hair follicles.
• Emu oil is used for the treatment of inflamed skin in and around new tattoos and body piercings.
Find Out More
Ron Edwards is the author of this current article and works for Emu Peak who supplies a market leading Ultra Clear Grade emu oil.
Emu Peak is a company dedicated to educating people about the benefits of emu oil and to supplying the best available emu oil at all times.
To learn more about Emu Peak Ultra Clear Emu Oil please visit the company's website at www.emupeak.com or the company's Amazon Product Page at www.amazon.com/Emu-Peak-Ultra-Clear-Oil/dp/B00H0ONT20.
Health Articles1. Little Known Advantages Of Metapathia Gr Hunter 4025
Author: Lachlan Hedditch
2. Choosing Between Medical Care And Bankruptcy
Author: Neil Udukala
3. Support Yourself During Chronic Fatigue
4. Prepping A Handsome Male Organ For A Doctor Visit
Author: John Dugan
5. The Care Which Should Not Be Ignored For A Long Time
Author: Claudia Lamington
6. Cpr Courses Winnipeg For The Safety Of Your Family
Author: Franke McDowell
7. Primacare Offers Mobility Scooters Best Transportation To The Elderly Or Disabled
8. Webinar Software: Excellent For Small Business
Author: Smith Victor
9. Baldness Treatment In Bangalore
Author: Dr Reddy
10. Cbd Oil For Pets – Things Every Pet Owner Should Know
Author: ABetter UCBD
11. Organic Traditions Ceremonial Grade Matcha Tea Is The Best Matcha Tea In The World!
Author: Owen Thomson
12. Cosmetic Dentist In Delhi
Author: Dr. Naina Chopra
13. Excel Family Dental - Dental Emergencies
Author: Heidi Huang
14. Plastic Surgery Abu Dhabi – An Overview!
Author: Antonio Brown
15. Best Chiropractor And Wellness Services In Toronto
Author: West End Rehab