ALL >> Health >> View Article
What Is Emu Oil And Where Does It Come From?
Total Articles: 2
• The emu is an pre-historic animal and is native to Australia. They have existed for eighty million years and are living dinosaurs.
• It is a large bird and can stand up to 6 feet tall and can weigh 140 pounds. It can run in excess of 30 mph.
• The emu is largely a vegetarian but does eat insects.
• They usually live for between ten and twenty years.
• Emu feathers are unique because each has two shafts. All other bird feathers have one.
• Eggs are dark green and five inches long.
• The emu is an integral part of Australian history to the extent that it even appears on the Coat of Arms.
• Emu feathers have also been in the past a proud adornment to hats worn in the Australian army.
• The first emus to arrive in the US were in the 30s. Presently, there are more than 500,000 emus on over 10,000 properties throughout the United States.
• Emu oil is provided from the fat of the emu.
• Most of the fat is found on the emu’s back and about 1.5 galls of emu oil is rendered from each bird.
• Sadly, emus are killed for their oil but on this point two matters need to be considered:
1) The best emu oil comes from birds that have lived on large free-range farms, have lived into adulthood, and are killed very quickly and humanely.
2) Emus are also killed for their rich red meat, which is available throughout the US and is forever growing in demand.
• Emu oil can be processed into a Standard Grade which is a yellowish semi-liquid that has a low odor and a conditional shelf life of over 2 years.
• The purest emu oil available is the Ultra Clear Grade.
• Ultra Clear Emu Oil is very clear, low odor, does not separate into layers, and does not need to be shaken or warmed before use like the Standard Grade.
Emu Oil History
• Medicinal use of emu oil is likely to date back at least 40,000 years.
• The Aborigines have been in Australia for at least this length of time and have been using emu oil as an “Elixir of Life” throughout their history.
• Their use of emu oil was observed and recorded by early Western explorers.
• The Aborigines have always held emus in high esteem and emus are a prominent feature of Aboriginal Dreamtime legend.
• Aborigines have long known the emu as an crucial source of food (about 30 pounds of lean meat can be taken from each bird) and also medicine.
• One preserved record indicates that for a case of severe illness an emu was killed and the fat obtained was used to completely cover the sick person.
• The Aborigines knew the advantages of emu oil and used it in many of the ways it is recommended for our use today.
• The first commercial emu oil became available in Western Australia in 1987 and it is now processed in many countries worldwide.
• Emu oil is now listed in the Australian Therapeutic Goods Adminisration as a safe and advantageous pharmaceutical drug and cosmetic ingredient.
Uses of Emu Oil
• Recent scientific studies carried out in Australia, Europe, Canada and the US have shown emu oill has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
• This product is therefore recommended for joint and muscle pain.
• It is also recommended for a big array of skin ailments including burns, stretch marks from pregnancy and weight loss, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, tinea, acne, blackheads and burns.
• It is also widely used as a fantastic natural skin revitilizer and can be used safely in any amount.
• Emu oil is used to give hair more body and shine and is commonly used to regrow lost hair by actively stimulating dormant hair follicles.
• Emu oil is used for the treatment of inflamed skin in and around new tattoos and body piercings.
Find Out More
Ron Edwards is the author of this current article and works for Emu Peak who supplies a market leading Ultra Clear Grade emu oil.
Emu Peak is a company dedicated to educating people about the benefits of emu oil and to supplying the best available emu oil at all times.
To learn more about Emu Peak Ultra Clear Emu Oil please visit the company's website at www.emupeak.com or the company's Amazon Product Page at www.amazon.com/Emu-Peak-Ultra-Clear-Oil/dp/B00H0ONT20.
Health Articles1. Getting A Tattoo? How To Ease Male Organ Pain
Author: John Dugan
2. Cannabinoids For Pets - What’s The Truth?
3. Adrenal Fatigue Is Behind Your Anxiety
4. Hip Pain Symptoms That Urgently Require A Doctor’s Attention
Author: Shalby Hospitals
5. Diet For Breastfeeding Mothers - Essential To Remain Healthy After Having A Baby
Author: Payal Bhatnagar
6. What Should A Mom Eat While Breastfeeding?
Author: Payal Bhatnagar
7. Symptoms Of Sleep Apnea
Author: Andrew William
8. Some Important Ways To Stop Snoring
Author: Andrew William
9. Factors That Make Olive Oil A Hit In Your Homes
Author: Leonardo olive oil
10. Natural Hemp Products From The House Of Green Roads World- Authentic, Affordable, & Legal
11. Expert Advice To Find The Right Neurologist In Arizona
12. Remain Positive While Fighting Cancer
Author: Stuart Spindlow
13. Custom Foot Orthotics For Different Foot Disorders
Author: Charlie Tyler
14. How To Cure Snoring Problems
Author: Ross Barkely
15. 3 Therapeutic Properties Of Cbd That Makes It An Ultimate Resort For Various Illnesses