ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Ooty – An Ultimate Destination For A Splendid Vacation
Total Articles: 10
Situated at the height of 2240 m amidst misty Blue Mountains, Ooty is among the most visited hill stations by local, national & foreign tourists in India. It was also popular summer and weekend gateway in colonial period. Being one of the most visited hill stations in India, Ooty offers the best in terms of fun, food and hospitality. Economy hotels, home stay hotels and resorts are some of the best places to stay in Ooty. If you are planning to have a splendid vacation in Ooty, here is a description of some of the not to miss attractions in Ooty:
The botanical Garden in Ooty was laid out in 1848 and covers 55 acres of the area. It is consisting of some of the exclusive and ornamental plants along with other rare tree species, flower species and an exclusive range of ferns and orchids. During the month of May, summer festival is held, which is an added attraction for the tourists.
St. Stephen's Church
Established in 1829, St. Stephen's Church is among the oldest churches in Blue Mountains. Some of its interesting features included stained glass windows showing the crucifixion of Christ and Mary holding baby Jesus in her lap. Besides it, there are 4 hammers like structures tied on wooden plank instead of usual bell. These wooden plans are tied with the help of wire, which produces musical sound, when pulled from the floor.
Rose garden is another picturesque garden in the lap of nature showcasing a rich variety of beautiful roses.
The government museum showcases a large number of tribal artefacts, sculptures and art & crafts of Tamil Nadu.
Encompassing the area of 65 acres, Ooty Lake is an artificial lake constructed in 1824 by John Sullivan and is among the major tourist attractions in Ooty. The beautiful lake offers boating facilities to have fun with your loved ones.
Trekking, Hiking and Other adventures
Ooty is among the most loved places by trekkers, hikers and bikers. The picturesque mountain ranges and exotic landscapes provide a wide range of trek routes to be explored. Hand gliding is another popular activity in Ooty, in which people get chance to fly high in open sky like free birds. Its lucid water steams and swift rivers also offer enough opportunities for angling.
If you are looking for economy hotels in Ooty, it is best to search online to find the best places to stay in Ooty. Most of the good hotels offer great deals online to capture the attention of the customers. It is also advisable, if you are planning your vacation from October to May, it is better to book your hotels in advance as most of the hotels are fully reserved in the peak season.
There are plenty of accommodation options like resorts, budget friendly home stays and economy hotels in Ooty. A little bit of research and comparison of prices and facilities offered by different hotels will help you to make the right selection to enjoy your trip to Ooty without breaking your budget.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson