ALL >> General >> View Article
The Most Common Credit Card Security Risks
Total Articles: 108
If you are using a credit card to purchase things online, you are vulnerable to several online security risks that you might have taken unknowingly. Fact is, whether you knew about it or didn’t, you could lose large sums of funds. However, understand the most common credit card risks and you can defend yourself better against online identity theft and frauds.
Lax website security
All websites don’t maintain the highest standards of online security. In fact, very few do. It is in your best interest to ensure that the websites you share your financial details with does follow the highest standards of online financial security – PCI (Payment Card Industry) security standards. Websites with secure payment gateway start their web address with https rather than http. There are several security markers and security certification that you should can verify before making the transaction.
There are umpteen number of cyber scams that can steal your financial details. There are several hackers who use viruses, malwares, spywares or phishing mails to gather your financial details. These details are then gathered and sold to a third party for a price. If you are using a personal computer that is not well protected or using public computer to make transactions, you are leaving your financial data vulnerable.
This one is the easiest to reverse. You shouldn’t use public computers from a cyber cafe for making online transactions. While using a personal computer, you should take certain safety measures. Invest in a good quality anti-virus and use it frequently. Use a safe browser in incognito mode. Do not visit unreliable websites. Do not open phishing mails from any party you didn’t send email to. Unsecure computer is the easiest online risk we can avoid while making an online credit card transaction.
There are a few more security tools that you should take a serious look at. For example: SMS alert from the credit card organization or bank is a paid service. However, it is a worthwhile investment that ensures that you receive intimation for every withdrawal or debit from your account. You can track your credit card activity much better and block your credit card with minimal loss.
The act is; the hackers and online identity thieves could come up with more and more ways to steal from you. You should always protect your financial data. It should not be treated lightly because it is used frequently. It could be an expensive mistake to not understand the online risks to your credit card information. So, protect it and don’t share it carelessly.
Author Bio :- The author is a seasoned writer on finance topics, and her articles help readers manage money matters more efficiently. She writes about a variety of topics on personal banking like personal loan, car loan, home loan, credit card, debit card, insurance, etc.
General Articles1. Samsung Galaxy S6 Phone Repair Issues
2. Procedure To Configure Gmail Account In Microsoft Outlook 2016 And Gmail Help (866)324-3o42
Author: Rebbeca Smith
3. The Iphone Repairs Sunshine Coast Is A One Stop Shop For All Computer And Electronic Repairs
4. West Coast Escalator Cleaning – Quality Services At Your Doorstep
Author: Arlow Moreland
5. Ball Dresses
Author: Musi hudson
6. Tips To Purchase The Best Verre Trempév
Author: parveen kumar
7. When You Need To Hire Roofing Companies In Oklahoma?
Author: Fred Lydick
8. Having A San Francisco City Hall Wedding
Author: Sia Benet
9. Sharepoint Roles And Responsibilities
Author: Riya Arora
10. Seo Scope As A Career In India: For Seo By Seo
Author: Riya Arora
11. What Are The Different Types Of Flexible Cable?
Author: Nanshi Pacheco
12. Post Market Surveillance Needs To Be Robust To Avoid Penal Regulatory Action
Author: Event Manager
13. Manav Infra Projects: Experts In Infrastructure Development Domain In India!
Author: Manav Infra
14. Why Branding Is A Non Negotiable Investment In The Fresh Produce (ffv) Space!
Author: Asha Sampath
15. Cavity Wax - Things You Should Be Aware Of!
Author: Efrain Rivas