ALL >> Business >> View Article
Some Information About Moisture Meters
Total Articles: 12
There are different models of moisture meters available in the market and whichever model you use, it becomes important to understand their working and the information you can get from them. These details can enable you to get the most out of the device, regardless of the model you are opting for.
Which meter to use? In general, this device is divided into two types and they are invasive and non-invasive moisture meters. The former is otherwise called as pin-type or penetrating meters and they operate based on the principle called conductivity or electrical resistance. Here, the pair of pins should be inserted on the material on which the moisture content should be measured. As conductivity differs as per the level of humidity present in the material, it will be possible to quantify the moisture level. This type is generally called as wood meters because their main purpose is for identifying the level of moisture in wood. Some models will also have a drywall setting or gypsum that uses different scales of measurement.
The latter type non-invasive meters are otherwise called as pinless or scan-type or non-penetrating meters. Under this type, the two main technologies, namely; Electronic capacitance or impedance technology and radio frequency technology are used. The machines working based on the former technology, use a set of rubbery pads that are placed in contact with the surface of the material that is being tested, while in the case of the machines with the latter technology, a radio frequency signal is sent into the materials with the help of a smooth plastic pad. Both these technologies give the details about the level of moisture with figure-based representations on the basis of modification of motions produced from the electronics.
When you compare the above-mentioned types, you can come to a conclusion that a non-invasive moisture meter can the best as it will not make any hole in the material that is being tested. But, this type has two main disadvantages. One is that the humidity present in the surface can give a false report and the second is that reading depth is limited.
Not only for wood, these meters will be useful for agriculturists too, as they can measure the wetness in soil. Some crops grow only when the wetness in the soil is limited, while some might need extra wetness. These people have the option of using a digital moisture meter, which will give the result of the wetness in the soil in digits.
The digital moisture meter can be a great tool for farmers to identify the water content in the soil for each plantation and can take appropriate action to ensure proper growth of the crop.
A-GRAIN (India) is involved in the development, manufacturing and marketing post harvest test equipments and seed processing machinery. We also manufacture a host of products like grain moisture testers, seed germinator, seed germinators, seed grader etc. To get more details on visit us online.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining