ALL >> Business >> View Article
A Guide To Outsourcing Payroll Administration Of Your Business
Total Articles: 4777
Outsourcing particular business tasks can enable you to free up resources and energy to focus on your core competencies. Payroll is an important function and in all likelihood it makes sense to outsource payroll administration rather than hire resources in-house and dedicate them solely to the function. Payroll companies help you organize your payroll, adhere to policies and procedures, and get employees paid on time.
To stay on top of your tax obligations is reason enough for your company to consider using a payroll provider. Payroll administration warrants attention to detail and even the smallest indiscretion can attract heavy penalties from the tax authority of your country. In the US, the IRS has a history of levying heavy fines on small businesses for even the smallest transgression. Recently released statistics show that one out of every three small businesses is penalized in some way for not complying with tax laws.
Why should you outsource payroll processing?
If you company is large enough, you may choose to conduct payroll functions in-house but be prepared to hire at least a couple of employees dedicated to this function. You will also have to allocate resources to continuously train your payroll staff in use of accounting software and to keep up with the frequently shifting state and federal tax laws. Also if you are a growing company that is continuously adding new employees, teams and locations, managing payroll is going to be quite a challenge. Do you really want to get distracted from the core-functions of your business by administering payroll yourself?
Payroll service providers are experts in what they do and have economies of scale since they administer payroll for many other companies. More than likely, they will deliver payroll services to your company cheaper and more efficiently that what you can do yourself.
What Services Do Payroll Companies Provide?
Payroll companies provide various services. The following are the most common:
* Calculating pay checks for each employee
* Addressing tax obligations on a local, state, and federal level
* Printing and delivering checks
* Providing management reports
* Tracking employee benefits information
* Automatic check signatures
* Providing direct deposit
* Processing W-2 forms
* Processing 401k and mutual fund plans
* Addressing tax needs for your company and providing tax preparation
How to choose a Payroll Service?
First step is to compare quotes from multiple payroll service companies. You can do so at a B2B marketplace like TradeSeam. Keep the following in mind as you decide on the provider.
* Can they provide accurate payroll service without any mistakes in employee's pay or providing tax information to the government? Ask for history of efficiency.
* An occasional mistake is acceptable but how quickly can they correct it. If the payroll service provider is overstretched, they may not have the resources to quickly provide the remedy.
* Is the payroll providers system and software compatible with your own operating systems? Would it be possible to transfer data to and from your business easily?
* Are the references flawless? Excellent customer service to business owners and its employees is important.
* How many clients is the payroll provider serving? Large number of clients may indicate a successful service but attrition in the past few months may indicate deteriorating quality. Does the provider have adequate resources to serve your business?
* Is the pricing competitive? Some companies may bait you with low basic fees and charge heavily for extras. Ask for an all inclusive package to compare prices.
Once you decide on a payroll provider, scrutinize the contract very carefully for any hidden fees or charges that may kick in after a few months of service.
Check the first few pay checks very carefully for any mistakes. It is better to uncover the issues early enough before they get compounded and more difficult to fix.
Hiring a payroll provider is an important decision for your business. It is tough to easily switch a payroll provider if you make the wrong decision. Make sure you adequately research all payroll service possibilities before making a final decision.
Daljeet Sidhu is a serial entrepreneur and founding partner at http://www.TradeSeam.com, the world's first small business network, connecting customers, suppliers and service providers; all who have an interest in accelerating the growth of their business. Visit A Guide To Outsourcing Payroll Administration Of Your Business.
Business Articles1. Best Lawn Mowing Maitland - Fox Mowing Nsw
Author: Gerry Caxton
2. Older Video Tapes Can Be Easily Played In New Players
3. Hiring A Professional For Creating Digital Videos
4. Best App To Buy Stocks
Author: Ahrvo Web
5. Btech Admissions, Eligibility, Fee & Placements
6. Accommodation And Tourist Activities
7. Great Things About Solar Equipment Leasing
Author: Ross Barkely
8. חיתוך בירושלים
Author: DOMER YAK
9. How To Reach Your Target Audience
Author: For more details on our products and services, ple
10. The India Top Education Blogs
Author: Education Portal
11. Kellyville General Practitioner
Author: Dinh Nguyen
12. How To Choose & Install Hardwood Floors
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc. is a family owned and opera
13. Hajj Packages With Shifting And Non Shifting Hotels
Author: Hafiz Ibrahim
14. Three Effective Business Communication Skills You Must Master
Author: christopher kaspar
15. Aumazing Community - Strength In Numbers Part - I
Author: visit us at fitness center boston, back bay best r