ALL >> Health >> View Article
Need For Home Care Services For Seniors
Total Articles: 8
Before moving further let’s have a look on few numbers on the aging population around.
According to the 2011 Census, an estimated five million Canadians were 65 years of age or older, and this number is expected to double in the next 25 years. A higher proportion of this demographic group is females. It’s been also said for the first time in history of human seniors older than 60 will outnumber children younger than 15 by the year 2050. And also it’s important to mention that Canadian seniors are higher in suicide ratio than adolescents at a rate of about 31 per 100,000, and usually do so through more violent means. There is a lot of senior living in depression.
Most of our elderly one’s prefer staying alone at their homes to enjoy their peace of mind. But it is little surety of them being safe alone with the above mentioned statistics. Probably they don’t want to leave that place for many reasons. Those memories of they have in their minds. Aging is the most difficult times of our lives. And specially when one losses his or her spouse it becomes just impossible to stay alone after sharing so many years of a comfortable and happy life with someone whom you loved so much. It’s natural for one to be into depression after such a causing in their older age. If a person has stayed a healthy life proper care can help him or her o leave the state of depressions in a year’s span where as if he or she already suffers from any health issues depression can take a toll on them big time diminishing mental stability as well.
But is my parent really suffering anything such, how would I know???
Well consider the below given points and you would have an answer for yourself.
- Are your parents suffering from any health issues?
- Your aging parents experiencing memory loss?
- Are they in good spirits and getting along with people?
- Have they lost weight recently?
These are few things that can help you reason the well being of your aging parents. And if you see all these symptoms then it is time for you to take actions.
Even if you want to take care of them personally it’s not possible considering the work and schedules of your busy routines. In that case Home health Care services can be utilized if your parents have developed any type of health concerns that may require monitoring.
Why choose a home care center upon nursing home???
Even though nursing homes are more popular among the masses it’s important to analyze the fact that senior living centers provide health care which is more beneficial for the long term health.
- The recovery rate of home care service is more than nursing homes
- Its economically sound and not heavy on your pockets comparison to nursing homes
- Even the home care center have up to date medical technology today
- Elders have more freedom and enjoy their peace of mind.
Heart attacks and Alzheimer or dementia care for seniors are much needed today and nursing home alone cannot help to recover from such incurable diseases. Patient needs monitoring and more than that a support and homely environment which helps them fight the situation mentally.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat