ALL » Others >> View Article
Do It Yourself-repair Sliding Glass Door RollersBy Expert Author: Mac Heal
Is your old patio door becoming more and more difficult to open? Does it take a lot of effort to pull open? Does it no longer slide like it used to? If so, it could be time for the rollers on the door to be changed.
Eventually every sliding glass, or patio, door will need help. They get harder and harder to open and close over time and the most common problem is that the rollers they slide on simply wear out.
Sliding Glass Doors are ideal for allowing sunlight to enter and keeping intruders out. If you find that sliding your glass door open is difficult or that the door makes a screeching noise when sliding, there's no need to replace the door.
Most aluminium sliding glass doors use single-assembly rollers. Most are steel, although some use nylon.
There's not even any need to call a repair guy. Follow the simple steps outlined below and learn how to quickly and easily repair your sliding glass door rollers.
The most obvious first effort should be to clean the track out - remove any debris, small rocks or gravel, etc. Vacuum the track thoroughly and see if there is any improvement - this is sometimes all it takes and is quick and easy to do.
Step 1- Take the door off
Step 2- Remove the wheels
Step 3- Clean the parts
Step 4- Install the new wheels
Step 5- Put the door back on
Tips & Warnings
• Replace both rollers at once, even if one of them is in better condition. Using one old roller with one new one makes the new roller wear out faster because it must compensate for the lower performance of the old roller.
• Adjusting the rollers for a snug fit improves home security by preventing would-be burglars from lifting the door off of its frame to gain entry to your home.
• Always take the roller with you to the hardware store to avoid purchasing the wrong piece. If your door has a top and bottom roller, purchase two new rollers.
• Always have a friend help you lift the door(s).
• Highly recommend getting a helping hand in order to lift the door out, and avoid injuring yourself!
Sliding Glass Door Repair is relatively easy to do yourself and much cheaper. Siding is to your home as the appropriate jacket is to your body. A really essential element in patio would be the outdoor patio door. Also, sliding patio door s requires significantly less space when kept wide open. Having a patio is the perfect way to bring some outdoor elements closer to your home. When it comes to patios, sliding doors are a popular choice for providing access.
Others Articles1. Spinal Injury Survivor Gene Laureano Walks Once Again
2. Couple Retreat Program Nagpur
Author: Avinash Deoskar
Author: Amit Malviya
4. Why You Should Entrust Professional Local Movers In Virginia?
Author: John Ism
5. Delhi – A Place With Historic Heritage And Getaways
Author: Aditya Singh
6. How Driving Simulators Can Change The Game Today
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. Ese Alquiler Coches Lanzarote Cuanto Convulsiona Amén Un Permiso
Author: Penny Lake
8. El Alquiler Coche Aeropuerto Alicante Jengibre Alufra Una Tolerante
Author: Marco Keldie
9. Top Eight Important Tips To Simplify Your Wedding Ceremony Brilliantly
Author: Anny Thomas
10. Que Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Se Afistula Ese Raquis Absorto
Author: Kristina Speckman
11. Este Alquiler Coche Alicante Se Adecenta Este Marmolejo Mamífero Bajo El Trasbordo Enrona Aquel Anes
Author: Clinton Harton
12. Introduction To Capacitors And How They Can Be Purchased
13. Search Engine Marketing In Kitchener Ontario - What Is It And How Can It Help You?
Author: Nick Watson
14. Your Skin And How It Should Be Taken Care Of
Author: Rutuja Gupta
15. Things You Must Consider While Choosing Your Call Girl
Author: Prachi Rai