ALL >> Business >> View Article
Why Web Based Erp Is Valued Over Traditional Erp Systems
Total Articles: 689
Today firms and business organizations are moving from traditional based ERP model to web based ERP software. They provide various features and functionalities that ease and automate varieties of tasks efficiently. These web based software solutions is affordable, easy to understand, implement and maintain.
Difference between Traditional ERP solutions and Web based ERP software solutions:
In traditional ERP solutions the person has to purchase it via license, install it on their system. It is required that the software and hardware of machine should support the ERP system. Where as in Web based ERP software solutions a person or an organization pays a predefined amount of charges on a monthly basis. These charges provide licensing and hosting of ERP solutions on their machine. Except these charges there are no charges to be paid in advance or other type of business expenditure.
Let us look at some of the benefits and losses of using Web ERP Solutions
• One of the main advantages of using these solutions is that it does not require high capital investment. This software comes with reasonably low investment.
• Secondly for using these software one does not need help of huge infrastructures and employees to carry out tasks and maintain them. So it reduces the cost of infrastructure and employees to work and provide maintenance activities on that infrastructure.
• This software requires less time for implementation as there is no need to purchase the license, check the software compatibility with the machine hardware and software and carry out the installation process. All you need is good high speed internet connection and machine to access internet.
• This software is scalable and adapts to meet the changing requirements of a huge range of fluctuating markets. It works with various different languages and currency types.
• This software is independent of the Operating System and thus can run on variety of Operating Systems. It is due to the fact that this software is accessed using browser.
• It provides various features like product management, inventory control, Human resource management, management of payment and invoices etc. It thus improves the efficiency of data entry, data conversion related operations
• The main disadvantage lies of these solutions lies in their monthly charges are higher than what is charged by traditional ERP systems. These charges are high due to the fact that this
• Web based ERP solutions handles all the expenses right from hosting to maintenance of the systems along with making a little gain of their own.
When choosing for the best ERP software solution, you need to consider the type of functionality it offers and how well it suits to your business requirements. Depending on the type of organization, small sized, medium or large sized organizations, these software offer deployment in two modes: premise based or web based.
Business Articles1. Five Things You Could Be Doing Wrong While Choosing Your Renovations Team
Author: Stephen Kavita
2. Add Value To Your Lancaster Home With The Right Renovations & Remodeling
Author: Cory Frank
3. Get The Most Out Of Family Counseling
Author: Cory Frank
4. The Case For Composite Decking
Author: Blue Star Carpentry
5. Motivation & Support
6. What Is A Leased Line And Its Advantages
Author: Ketan Shah
7. Carpet Cleaning And Flood Damage Repair
8. General Description About Bolts
Author: Harpreet Chhabra
9. Garage Door Service Irvine
10. Carpet Cleaning In Tustin
11. Colorado Garage Door Company
12. Hollywood Hills Carpet Cleaners
13. Custom Home Bars Make The Perfect Spot For Your Home Parties
Author: Larry Lynch
14. Overview On Benefits Of Telco Cost Saving To Benchmark Your Business
Author: Amber Brake
15. Corona Del Mar Carpet Cleaning