ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Diy Tips To Clean Electric Fuel Pump Filter
Total Articles: 21
Fuel pump filter is a small, yet one of the critical components of your car. The purpose of having a fuel pump filter in a vehicle is to stop impurities from reaching the car's engine. If the fuel pump filter is dirty and clogged, the engine will have starting problems and the engine stops intermittently while running. So, it is important to keep it clean.
Now that you know what is fuel pump filter and importance of keeping it clean, you are all set to get started on cleaning it. But wait, do you know the process and order by which the filter has to be cleaned? If the answer is no, then the following section of the article gives you the step-by-step procedure on how to clean electric fuel pump filter by yourself.
DIY tips to clean
Locate fuel pump in the fuel tank
First, you need to figure out where exactly is the fuel pump filter is located in your vehicle. Usually electric filters are either located inside or close to the tank or at the back of the car - it depends on the manufacturer and model of the car.
Disconnect battery first
This is very important, first you need to disconnect the battery before you start the cleaning procedure because as it is an electric pump, any small spark can ignite the fuel.
Block the fuel pipes to avoid fuel gushing
As you have disconnected the battery, you need to stop fuel from gushing out of the disconnected fuel pipes. For blocking the fuel pipes you can either insert an old pencil, thin cocks or rubber bungs or something that is handy and can fit your fuel pipes.
Remove and clean all filters with petrol
Make sure all filters are cleaned by washing them with fresh petrol. Always use fresh petrol when cleaning the filters. Properly clean the filters; make sure there is no dirt or other contaminants.
Clean inside of the filter with clean rag
Now that you have washed the filters with petrol, don't leave the filters drenched in petrol. Get a clean lint-free rag and wipe off the inside of the pump.
Check sealing gaskets
When cleaning the filters, check for the sealing gaskets and make sure they are in a good condition. If they are not in a good condition, replace them. Damaged gaskets would result in fuel leakage during its functioning.
Fix it back
Once you are done with the cleaning of filters, fix them back to their original position with the screws provided. Make sure you don't over tighten the screws of the cover.
You can plan the cleaning of the filters according to the manufacturer's maintenance schedule provided in the owner's manual.
Airtexproducts.com is the leading aftermarket supplier of mechanical and electric fuel pumps. For over 50 years, the Airtex brand has been the benchmark of fuel delivery components for leading companies in the automotive aftermarket. If you are searching for a fuel pump, consider Airtex as Airtex fuel delivery system has exceptional quality that meets or exceeds OE design specifications and ISO standards.
Automobiles Articles1. The Real Reason We Need To Stop Trying Too Hard In Car Servicing And Repair
Author: James Elston
2. Now Is The Time For You To Know The Truth About Car Valeting
Author: Rhys Gibson
3. Modify A Chopper Using Custom Made Parts Which Are Now Available Online
Author: Levi Fysh
4. How To Acquire A Higher Loan-to-value Percentage On Your Auto Loan?
Author: jeffery reynold
5. Lightweight Folding Bike – It’s The Best Travel Bike Out There!
Author: Paul Pinigis
6. What Sort Of Things You Need To Consider During A Long Drive?
Author: My Tyre Point
7. Effective On Roadside Assistance For Car Lockouts In Raleigh, Nc
Author: Jasin Walva
8. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Unit Manufacturer In Pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
10. Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune- India| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
11. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Manufacture In Pune| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
12. Gps Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
13. Vehicle Tracking System Manufacturer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
14. Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
15. Gps And Gsm Vehicle Tracking System| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd