ALL >> General >> View Article
5 Top Reasons Why Teenagers Cut Themselves
Total Articles: 9
Teenage cutting is becoming an increasingly popular behavior. It involves cutting the skin with scissors, paper clip, pen or other sharp objects. Teenage cutting statistics indicate that 15 and 20% of teens who cut themselves continue to do it as adults.
Contrary to what many adults think, teenage cutting is not a bid to get attention. In fact, most teens are ashamed of their behavior and go a long way in trying to hide their habits. There are various reasons why teens engage in Self Mutilation Cutting.
One of the common reasons of teen cutting is control of emotions. When teens are experiencing intense emotions, they can use cutting to worsen the intensity. They use self harm to express feelings that they cannot put in word. The behavior can help them get distracted from overwhelming Emotions or difficult circumstances in life. For teenagers feeling numb, they can use self mutilation to serve the opposite effect. They use teen cutting to feel alive rather than feeling numb.
According to experts, self injury among adolescents is an indication of a more serious mental health condition such as depression.
Teenagers also use self mutilation to relieve guilt. Other reasons why teenagers cut themselves include:
Showing anger or other negative emotions
Punishing themselves for what they consider as their inadequacies
You should bear in mind that self harm is an outward expression of inner pain. In most cases, there could be a connection between self-harm and childhood trauma. Physiotherapy can help your child to identify and manage the triggers that cause the self harm behavior. You can also learn important skills to manage stress and the impulsiveness that cause the emotions. You can seek help in a rehab facility that works with self harm.
If your teenager is cutting him or herself, you should seek help at Good Future Teen Rehab Center. The drug treatment center for teenagers offers programs that address teenage addictions as well as other problems such as poor self esteem, anger, depression and anxiety. The counselors at Good Future Teen Rehab will help your child develop new coping strategies and techniques to stop these behaviors. Good Future Teen Rehab offers a stable environment to help your son or daughter overcome environmental influences and stress.
You can find more information on Good Future Teen Rehab by calling them on (866)806-9150 or by visiting website, www.goodfutureteenrehab.com.
General Articles1. For The First Time To Buy High-end Business Watches We Should Pay Attention To What@thereal.su
2. 5 Best Tarot Cards For Beginners In Intriguing World Of New Age
3. Tiffin Services In Bangoluru –simply Home Food
Author: Simply Home Food
4. Anti-ageing Supplements An Overview
5. An Effective Remedy For Serious Hairloss – A New Concept Read More: An Effective Remedy For Serious
Author: Sithara Mithiran
6. Low Price Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata With Maximum Effort
Author: Kanchan Das
7. How To Solve Quicken Error Cc-501
8. How To Fix Aol Instant Messenger (aim) Errors?
Author: Bradon Wilson
9. How To Fix Brother Printer Error Ts-02
Author: Bradon Wilson
10. 70% Of The Auction Beyond The High Valuation Of Auction@thereal.su
11. What Is Considered A Luxury It? It Must Have Several Characteristics@thereal.su
12. Fire Safety Manager
13. Benefit From Credit Union Auto Buying Service Winston Salem Nc
Author: alma miller
14. Are You Facing The Issue With Your Hp Printer? Call Hp Printer Support Number +1-855-746-8414
Author: Sara Abo
15. Best Baby Food Online In India