ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Super Affordable Chevrolet Sonic And Chevrolet Spark
Total Articles: 3
What is it about the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic and Chevrolet Spark that has everybody talking? What are the similarities between the two? What are the differences? Which model would be best for you? Let’s look at the stats for each vehicle first:
• Seats 5 passengers • Standard front-wheel drive • 1.8 liter, four-cylinder engine • 5 speed manual transmission (comes also in 6 speed) • Sedan or hatchback body styles • Available in four trims: LS, LT, LTZ or RS • New forward collision warning, lane departure alert and rearview camera
• 4 seat hatchback • Available in 3 trims (with CVT): LS, 1LT or 2LT • 1.2 liter, four-cylinder engine • 5 speed standard manual transmission
The first thing many consumers of automobiles look for is comfort. In that case, both the Sonic and the Spark have rear passenger leg space that is comparable to leg space in the front seat. The Spark offers a little more room than the Sonic, and tends to be the winner when it comes to overall comfort. Both the Sonic and the Spark are cars that have a starting price under $15,000. The Chevrolet Sonic and the Chevrolet Spark are excellent when it comes to fuel efficiency. When it comes to cost, there are many other factors to consider when tabulating how much you will spend overall. The better financial choice according to the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) would be the Chevrolet Spark, which starts at $12,170. Both the Sonic and the Spark also have about the same destination charge or the standard charge for transporting the vehicle to the dealer.
The dimensions of the Chevrolet Spark are slimmer than the dimensions on the Sonic. It is easier to park the Chevrolet Spark in a crowded parking lot and finding a large enough space. The Chevrolet Sonic has more torque than the Spark and therefore is more fast and powerful. But the Chevrolet Spark has a smaller turning radius, thereby making it more maneuverable in and out of tight spots. Performance of these two vehicles shows that the Chevrolet Spark has less horsepower than the Sonic. The Chevrolet Sonic may have more power but with the Spark, lower horsepower engines translate to lower insurance premiums.
For utility purposes, the Chevrolet Sonic has more seating space than the Spark making the Sonic a better choice if you have a lot of passengers. There is much less cargo room in the Spark than the Sonic, which could cause a problem if you do a lot of shopping in a warehouse. Both vehicles come with the same basic warranty. How does the Chevrolet Sonic and Chevrolet Spark rank? The 2014 Spark ranks #25 out of 40 of the most affordable small cars while the 2014 Chevy Sonic ranks #9 out of 40.
Although these cars rival each other and the Sonic is more powerful, the Spark has a more spacious interior and possibly a lower starting price. But it is the 2014 Chevrolet Sonic that has the smooth ride and great handling, making it a standout in its class. Reviewers have said that the Chevy Spark, although it is not the most powerful car in its class, still has the necessary power for most who are commuting. It is also reliable on the interstate. The Spark gets an estimated 30 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway. It is an extremely affordable compact car.
Test drivers of the Sonic remark on how fun it is to drive, with quick and smooth shifting. If the Sonic is equipped with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine, it gets 29 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway, making it an extremely affordable car. The Spark has responsive and quick steering and it is especially good for getting out of tight spaces. The Sonic is also known to handle well with responsive steering and road manners that are considered good. For subcompact cars, both the Chevrolet Sonic and Spark have significant attributes for anyone looking for an affordable and fuel efficient vehicle.
Clay Cooley Chevrolet is located in Irving, TX, has a large selection of new Chevy vehicles and used cars, trucks and SUVs. We also offer financing, parts and service. If you are searching for Chevy dealers in Dallas using the keywords Chevrolet dealers in Dallas or Chevrolet Tahoe dealer near me, visit our dealership today.
Automobiles Articles1. Buying A Used Or Pre Owned Vehicles For Sale In Chicago
2. How To Obtain Stress-free Car Financing In West Chicago
3. Choppers Modified From Old Harley Davidson Is Trending
Author: Levi Fysh
4. Experience Chauffer Service In Executive Cars Throughout London
Author: Toby Pratt
5. Save Big With Easy-run’s Fall Special!
Author: Al Freilich
6. Fordzero Down Lease Specialscheap Way To Drive New Ford Car
7. Cad, Cam, Cnc And Robots For Manufacturing In Future
Author: CAD, CAM, CNC And Robots For Manufacturing In Futu
8. Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanical Engineers
Author: Career Options And Job Opportunities For Mechanica
9. October Is National Transport Month
Author: Batteries & More
10. The 2017 Vw Golf Alltrack 135 Tdi: A Volkswagen Dealers Brief Overview
Author: Aaron Reddall
11. Important Things To Keep In Mind When Your Car Breaks Down
Author: Paul Zervos
12. E-rickshaws Are The Perfect Way To Keep Your City Green.
Author: Power Electric Vehicle
13. The Audi Car Dealers Miami Offer Certified Pre Owned Cars In Competitive Price
14. Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your Cad Project
Author: Top Three Reasons To Consider Outsourcing Your CAD
15. For An Updated Speed — the Cummins’ Compound Turbo Way
Author: Rip Rook