ALL >> Health >> View Article
Metformin Is A Medicine Helps Control Blood Sugar Levels - Pillssupplier
Total Articles: 28
Metformin is a medicine which is used in diabetes mellitus. Metformin is for people with type 2 diabetes. Metformin is sometimes used in combination with insulin or other medications, but it is not for treating type 1 diabetes.
Your prescriber may only prescribe this medicine with special care or may not prescribe it at all if you:
are about to have a procedure under general anesthesia
are allergic or sensitive to or have had a reaction to any of the ingredients in the medicine
are an alcoholic or are currently intoxicated with alcohol
are in shock
have a condition which may alter your kidney function such as dehydration or an infection
have a condition which may cause a low level of oxygen in the blood such as breathing problems
have ketoacidosis or are at risk of going into a coma
have kidney problems
have liver problems
have or have had certain heart problems
have risk factors for lactic acidosis such as diabetes which is uncontrolled, ketosis, prolonged fasting or drinking alcohol heavily
The following types of medicine may interact with Metformin hydrochloride:
iodinated contrast media
other oral antidiabetics
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to metformin, or if you are in a state of diabetic ketoacidosis (call your doctor for treatment with insulin).
If you need to have any type of x-ray or CT scan using a dye that is injected into your veins, you will need to temporarily stop taking metformin.
To make sure you can safely take metformin, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
liver disease; or
a history of heart disease.
FDA pregnancy category B. Metformin is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember (be sure to take the medicine with food). Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose
What should I avoid while taking metformin?
Avoid drinking alcohol. It lowers blood sugar and may increase your risk of lactic acidosis while taking it.
Store at room temperature. Protect from heat, light and moisture. Keep away from reach of children.
Hi everyone, this is Jack Alexander from USA. I am completed P.HD in pharmacy. I do lots of work in pharmacy but now I am working in pillssupplier.com. I also write blog on all health related product like Kamagra, Order Tadalis SX Online Russia, PrestiQ, paxil, calcium, Buy Sildenafil Citrate Online Russia, zyven etc. For more please visit : http://pillssupplier.com/
Health Articles1. Set Up Your Romantic Mood With Essential Oil
2. Important Tips For Buying Essential Oils
3. Mistakes That You Should Avoid When Buying Essential Oil
4. Important Things To Remember When Planning To Buy Essential Oil
5. Where To Purchase A Good Quality Essential Oil?
6. Do You Know How To Use Essential Oil?
7. Buy Essential Oil For Weight Loss
8. Buy Quality Essential Oils For Your Soul, Body And Emotions
9. Where To Purchase Best Essential Oil
10. Essential Oil – A Best Natural Skincare
11. Fragrant Healing For Emotional Well Being
12. Learn The Secrets About Essential Oils
13. Fragrance Based Treatment Tips For Beginners
14. Manual For Evaluating The Aroma Of An Essential Oil
15. Step By Step Instructions To Perform A Skin Patch Test With Essential Oils