ALL >> Education >> View Article
Learn How To Avoid Excess Debt
Total Articles: 24
Prevention, they say, is better than a cure. We should all be far better off, if we took this axiom to heart and applied it to all facets of our lives, particularly with respect to our finances.
Getting into debt is the easiest thing in the world – but getting out of it becomes a difficult task. Why get into debt at all?
Debt is, in some ways, unavoidable, but we can prevent getting into too much debt. Here are some ways to avoid excessive debt:
Set a cap on your liabilities
•If your income is Rs 100, you cannot take on a debt liability of more than that amount. Your debt should be in line with what you can afford to repay. If your total expenses some to Rs 60 and your disposable income is Rs 40, your debt repayment ability will be lower than Rs 40, because you will also have set aside some money for emergency expenses.
• How much of your monthly income do you want to go into repaying your debt? That is a key factor is determining how much debt you can take or are willing to take. Decide that first, before you apply for a loan.
Scout around for the best debt options
When you take on a loan, check to see what the interest rate is, you will be paying and whether that is the lowest in the market. Do some preliminary research and get the best terms and conditions for your loan.
Interest rates go up and down and financial institutions keep adjusting their rates over time. Keep monitoring the rates and ensure that you are still getting the lowest rates in the market on your loans.
Don’t be in a hurry to take a loan
Banks and financial institutions may tempt you with loan options but if there is no need, avoid taking a loan as much as possible. Do not give in to the temptation of agreeing to these offers. Once you take on the loan, you will be caught in the trap of servicing it, whether you use the loan amount or not.
Set up a direct debit system for your routine bills and expenses
Banks, financial institutions in association with many utility companies offer a direct debit system for paying your bills automatically from your account. If you are in the habit of delaying making your payments it may help to set up this system so that your expenses are paid. What you don’t see, you will not miss.
Lastly, exercise your common sense when taking on debt.
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni