ALL >> Education >> View Article
Swps And Stps
Total Articles: 24
You must have heard of Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs), where you invest a fixed sum of money in a mutual fund scheme every month or any other periodic time interval.
But have you heard of Systematic Withdrawal Plans (SWPs) and Systematic Transfer Plans (STPs)? If you have read of them somewhere and are wondering what they are all about, you’ve some to the right place to satisfy your curiosity.
Systematic Withdrawal Plan
SWP is the reverse of a SIP, with a slight difference. In a SWP, you make a lumpsum investment initially and then you withdraw specific amounts at regular intervals. At the same time, your investment is earning returns with the mutual fund scheme in which you have invested your money.
When you opt for a SWP, you have to specify how much you plan to withdraw and at what time intervals, that is, monthly, quarterly etc. The fund house will usually require you to maintain a minimum balance in your investment account as long as you continue with the scheme.
There is some difference between a SWP and a monthly income plan, where also you get a sum every month. In the case of the MIP, what you get every month is the interest from your investment. With SWP, what you get is the principal amount that you have invested.
Systematic Transfer Plan
This is an interesting plan in which you can transfer your investments from one scheme to another, managed by the same fund house.
Just as an example – suppose you have invested in an equity scheme managed by ABC Fund. Any profit you make can be transferred to a debt fund managed by ABC.
Again, while opting for the plan, you have to specify at what periodicity you want the transfer to take place and may be even the amounts (though there can be some flexibility in this matter).
Transfer means redeeming units from the first scheme and then making purchases in the second scheme, both of which are fresh transactions. Many fund houses waive the transaction charges associated with these transfers to encourage investors to invest in such plans.
STPs are a good way to manage your investments and achieve your financial goals.
Education Articles1. Selection Procedure Of Nda Exam
Author: Johny Gibbes
2. Study Abroad Consultants - Moving To Canada Made Easier For Students
Author: Ishita Trivedi
3. A Great Career From Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Develop Your Skills With The Help Of Instructor-free Self Learning Courses
Author: Multisoft Virtual Academy
5. An Overview Of Ibm Tivoli Storage Manager Along With Its Key Benefits
6. Coaching Class - 6 Ways To Excel At Coaching Class
Author: Arpita Classes
7. Why Overseas Education Consultants Became Necessary In Today’s Global Education Market?
Author: aanandita kumari
8. Top 6 It Security Certification Programs For Boost Your Career
9. 700-260 Study Guides
Author: rocky hughes
10. Search For Best B.tech University In India Ends At Dehradun
Author: Graphic Era
11. Final Choice Of Best Engineering College In Uttarakhand
Author: Paul Wright
12. Using Interface We Get The Multiple Interface In Java
13. Cbse To Introduce Book Lockers!
14. Industrial Training In Webtrackker Technology
15. Why The Best Engineering College In Dehradun Is The Perfect Solution For You
Author: Graphic Era