ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Vision Of The Luxurious Ford Transit Skyliner Concept
Total Articles: 11
Old and ever-changing
The American automobile as we know it today begins with the production of the Ford Model T in 1908, the first car that the average citizen could afford. Since then, the Ford has been evolving continually to meet both customer trends and safety requirements. This year, a luxury van called the Ford Transit Skyliner Concept, which has been called “a luxury yacht on wheels” and a “private jet on wheels,” has come out. It went on display at the New York Auto Show during the third week of April 2014 and has been designed, according to Edmunds, “to meet the needs of limousine and high-end transportation services.” The vehicle will go on sale this coming summer.
Some features of the new car
The Ford Transit Skyliner has a very spacious interior that looks almost like that of an airplane. The seats, white with black plastic seams, are large, soft and comfortable and are set on a hard wooden floor. They have cushions on which the head can rest and have been described as thrones. The sides are made of brightly polished plastic. The seatbelts are attached at both ends to the chair, unlike those in older vehicles, in which those of the front seats come out of the walls and run through loops in the seats. The ceiling is about three feet above the seats.
The car also has a built-in entertainment system in the form of a 52" retractable movie screen, plus a CD player. It is equipped with sliding doors in the back that open up to four feet wide, enabling the van to be used for outdoor entertainment. Lastly, the Transit comes equipped with its own bar. Indeed, this van almost qualifies as a recreational vehicle! There are four possible designs for the interior: business, reception, theater and travel. Luggage can be stowed away in a special compartment made for the purpose. With the Crestron application, one can control all of the vehicle's functions, including the audio, video and lights. One can even get disco lighting with this system! The seats can likewise be adjusted, with a foot rest being present so that one can sit back and relax.
On the outside, the Transit is painted in a coating of metallic silver. The wheels are made by Forgiato, the company that is famous for its custom-made wheels. This is truly one of the most flexible, versatile and capable motor vehicles on today's market. It is even equipped with a configuration for tailgating!
This new model from Ford has three choices each of roof height, wheel base and total length. The one in which the interview discussed above took place has the maximum of all three specs. Here is a description of each of the modes of interior:
• Business: A motorized table can be unfolded and the seats gathered around it so that two people can sit facing each other.
• Reception: The sliding door can be opened four feet wide, as mentioned above, and the seats arranged for entertainment settings.
• Theater: The seats are arranged so that they face the movie screen, and the viewer’s set their chairs to reclining mode.
• Travel: As in theater mode, the seats and foot rests are adjusted so that those sitting in them can derive the maximum amount of enjoyment from the ride.
Southern California Ford dealers specialize in new and used Ford vehicles, parts and services. Look no further for a SoCal resource with the latest Ford news, specials & events. If you are searching for Ford dealers in Southern California using the keywords Ford dealers in Ontario CA or Ford dealers in Ventura, visit our dealership Socalforddealers.com today.
Automobiles Articles1. The Roadworthy Certificate Is A Must For Selling Your Car
Author: Luca Curtis
2. Reasons Owning Custom Bike Will Change Your Status
Author: Levi Fysh
3. Create The Right Impression By Hiring London Chauffeur
Author: Toby Pratt
4. Vehicle Dashboard Gauges
Author: Vitaly Sandyrev
5. The Main Reasons Cars Breakdown
6. Get Your Bike Ready For The Making The Next Mark
Author: Owen thomson
7. Infoglobaldata Redefines Email Marketing Strategy With Over 1,51,325 Automotive Mailing List
Author: Mark Griffith
8. How To Safely Jump-start Your Car
9. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Affordable Price
10. Warning Signs In Your Vehicle You Should Never Ignore
Author: Paul Zervos
11. Select The Best Appointment Booking Software
Author: Johny Danes
12. The Benefits Of Using The Right Booking And Scheduling Software
Author: Johny Danes
13. The Advantages Of The Appointment Software
Author: Johny Danes
14. How To Avoid Expensive Auto Repairs
Author: Mark Josesh
15. Clear Vinyl Sticker Art
Author: Ryan Haley