ALL >> Business >> View Article
Using Elastic Cords For Making Jewelry
Total Articles: 30
Elastic cords are easy to use, if you are now learning the art of jewelry making. The two main components that you will need, the elastic cords and a tube of super glue.
Before you do begin, you should learn a few important points about these cords. They come in various sizes, which are all noted by the diameter of the cords. The sizes range from a diameter of 1 mm, all the way up to 1/8 of an inch, and even 6 mm diameter elastic cords are available.
The variety of colors of these cords appears to be as wide as the sizes, and you can easily find a size and color with which you may choose to work.
If you are making a jewelry item, such as a wrist bracelet, using elastic cords, can be an ideal solution. After choosing the color and diameter, you will need to guess the size of the wrist of the person who will be wearing the bracelet. You cut a length of the cord and add a few extra centimeters.
Tie a bead on to the end of the length of the elastic cord. You can then begin stringing other beads on to the length of these cords. The design that you use is totally up to you, and you can use any kind of beads that you wish.
Glass beads, wooden bead, plastic beads can all, be easily strung on the cords, which are desirable because they are very difficult to break. Alternating metallic beads, with ivory, or wooden beads can be used to produce a dramatic effect. Another attractive bracelet, can be made when black wooden beads are combined an elastic cord, with different sizes of Pewter beads.
When all the beads have been strung on the cord, you can remove the end bead, and tie the ends of the cord in a basic knot. There is no need to tie elastic cords with tight intricate knots. Stretch the cord to ensure that all the gaps between the beads are filled, and tie another knot at the end of the cord.
When the beads are all tightened, on the cord, place a drop of super glue on the knot, and wait for up to 10 seconds, before cutting the extending ends of the cord. Because this cord will stretch to fit any size, you now have a custom designed beaded bracelet that can be worn on any sized wrist.
Be careful when choosing the cords, because the diameter must not be too wide, so that the beads may not fit. There are also a few different brands of elastic cords, and it may take some time to get familiar with working with them. For bracelets, the most common diameter used is not much more than 1 mm, while choker necklaces which are usually heavier will need thicker elastic.
The thicker cords are usually more expensive. These cords should be handled carefully, as they can easily be cut with sharp instruments or edges. Use beads with smooth edges and surfaces such as rounded or highly polished beads.
Business Articles1. Brilliant Advice For Your Start-up
Author: Carl Frederic Sealey
2. A New Life In Alanya/turkey
3. A Startup’s Quick Guide For Finding Tax And Accounting Services
Author: Hampry Gomes
4. Get Best Quality Fruits Gift Hampers Online
5. Castle Hill Best Indian Restaurant
6. Leaftrend – Ecofriendly Disposable Palm Leaf Plates, Wedding And Party Plates- 7 Inch Square Flat Pa
Author: Jane cristina
7. Signage | Box Up Signage| Digital Printing |dot2dot
8. Dosti Is Trusted Packers And Movers In Pune
9. Vinyl Windows Okc – Why It Is A Much Preferred Option For Homeowners
Author: Mark Sipla
10. 3 Benefits Of Using A Convertible Hand Truck
11. Optimizing Time Using The “beforehand” Technique
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Exotic Experience With Bar And Grill
Author: pied Piper
13. What Are The Video Conferencing Perks For The Retail Sector?
14. All That You Need For Understanding Your Customers Today
Author: Surabhi Joshi
15. What Are The Mechanical Design Requirements For Electric Hoists?
Author: Mahi Sheth