ALL >> Education >> View Article
An Introduction To Dividend Yield Funds
Total Articles: 24
Companies that have a stable business and a good track record in performance are also known for paying out dividends regularly. The stocks of such companies that consistently declare high dividends are known as high dividend yield stocks. Compared to growth companies, which need to use their surplus profits to reinvest in their business to fuel growth, established companies, which are past the growth stage and are in consolidation phase can afford to reward their shareholders by paying out excess profits in the form of dividends.
Mutual fund schemes that invest in the stocks of such high dividend paying companies are called dividend yield schemes as they play on the dividends declared every year by such companies.
Why should you look at Dividend Yield Mutual Funds?
When you invest in a mutual fund scheme, you are normally looking either for appreciation in your portfolio or a regular income. Therefore, when you invest in a mutual fund scheme that has high dividend yield stocks in its portfolio you are providing an insurance against market volatilities and fluctuations.
A quick analysis of such dividend yield mutual funds have shown that they provide moderate but consistent returns even when the markets are very uncertain. In fact over a period of five years or so such schemes outperform large caps, mid-caps and multi-cap funds since tend to depreciate less when the market is in correction mode. They can be used as a defensive element especially the market sees steep spikes and sharp falls.
What makes these schemes so attractive is their ability to generate balanced returns irrespective of any market condition.
Bottomline: Dividend Yield funds deliver moderate but stable returns over longer periods.
Education Articles1. Qtp Training
Author: SVR TECHNOLOGIES
2. Educating Your Children In The Right Process With An Effective Preschool Education
Author: Lyn Connolly
3. Oracle Fusion Financials Overview – All Need To Know!
4. Top 5 Advantages Of Distance Mba Learning
5. How To Choose The Best Computer Programming Training Course For You
6. Software Training Institutes In Bangalore
Author: first enquiry
7. Welcome To Bangladesh Medical College
Author: Jeson Roy
8. What Is Java And Why To Learn Java?
9. Why Should You Hire Us To Complete Your Online Assignments
Author: Mark Giaccone
10. Benefits Of Aws Certification
Author: Amit Novelvista
11. Digital Marketing Course Training Center In Hyderabad With Google Cert
Author: NIDM Hyderabad
12. Swift: A New Programming Language Developed By Apple
13. How To Stay Committed In An Online Course
Author: Tom Greenfield
14. Top 4 Reasons To Choose Data Science Training
15. Enhance The Possibility Of Reaching Wide Group Of Audience
Author: Mrs. Manushree Soni